Has 780 4-way SLIP support been added in later drivers

clayton006

[H]ard|Gawd
I have three 780's and I'd like to get a 4th. Didn't know if later driver revisions have enabled this out of the box or not.

This blows.... Oh well. Here is hoping the 780ti can do 4-way. Doubtful but I will wish.

No card has ever had 4-way SLI support.

Nvidia has never advertised for it. Doubt its ever going to happen. Save your money.

What on earth are you powering that needs 4 GPUs? A movie theater?:eek::eek::eek:

A movie theater running a 4K SONY DIGITAL PROJECTOR! AWW YEA! I wish I could afford such luxuries :(

Just get four 1080 projectors, and set them up in a 4k configuration :D
Makes me wonder if anyone has tried that yet. I've seen 3 projectors ran in a 3x1 setup. Someone needs to do a 2x2 setup now.

Nvidia has never advertised for it. Doubt its ever going to happen. Save your money.

So #1, the 670, 680, Titan, and multiple other cards have 4-way SLI support officially.

#2, Nvidia may not advertise 4-way SLI per-se, but EVGA and other AIB's have marketed it before.

There are some games I play that will benefit from 4-way SLI as I have had good scaling back when I had 4 670's. Playing in surround on 144hz monitors would be one nice benefit.

Whats strange is many of the non-4 way supported cards often say 4-way SLI on the box they come in, I've seen this since the GTX 670 came out. Its also on the box of some 770's and 780's I've seen in stores.

Whats strange is many of the non-4 way supported cards often say 4-way SLI on the box they come in, I've seen this since the GTX 670 came out. Its also on the box of some 770's and 780's I've seen in stores.

The 670 does support 4-way sli....

It does now after a lot of driver releases, but the same thing happened when it came out. Nvidia said no 4-way support for a long time.

I think you are slightly mistaken. I owned 4 670's since launch and it was in the 2nd driver release where 4-way was turned on. It's been a while for the 780's and no luck still...

Back