Harry Potter Complete 8-Film Movie Collection set [2011]: Bluray=$47 shipped, DVD=$39

My order has been dispatched. It's funny how my account works across both amazon.com and amazon.co.uk but they don't share information regarding purchases.

Yup, mine went out as well. Estimated delivery of December 21st. Is this accurate, or is Amazon just covering their butts with a wide range?

Sorry for the stupid question but i just bit on the UK release as well and i'm totally new to the HP movies.. always wanted to watch them and never read the books and i'm 39 hehe. Wife always there to tell me know everytime i wanted to buy the movies. :/

Anyways.. is this set complete? All movies or is there 2 more i need to complete the set?

Need an answer guys! haha

mine too and with the rise in dollar price ended up being $46 shipped.

Mine shipped today, one copy to TN with an estimated arrival of Dec 15. The other copy sent to myself in NM is estimated for Dec 17. I was charged $46.77 for each copy.

I thought it was going to be higher at $2 more ($48) so even better deal! :D

Price is based on the currency exchange rate the day that you are charged.
If the Dollar goes up in value, item becomes cheaper.
Mine is estimated at $48.xx. Had to re-do my order this morning and change credit cards.
Card I used was canceled and changed a few weeks ago.

Wonder if they are releasing an entire collection with digital copies? I was kinda bummed when I bought my copy from Fry's that it wasnt on there.

Wonder if they are releasing an entire collection with digital copies? I was kinda bummed when I bought my copy from Fry's that it wasnt on there.

I read that the current sets (including this one) will be phased out at the end of the year and late 2012 will be a new set that includes a lot more extras, probably for a lot more money as well.

My order has been dispatched. It's funny how my account works across both amazon.com and amazon.co.uk but they don't share information regarding purchases.

I'm glad that I didn't have to create another account for amazon.co.uk - way to many accounts all over the place. Keeping the website orders separate helps to not be confused where the product is coming from and what credit cards you use for no currency conversion fees. I ended up using my CapitalOne card so that I didn't get any of the charges my Amazon Chase card was going to give me.

I have an estimated delivery date of December 21st, and I was charged $46.77

Edit: An extra $0.57 was added on after the initial pending charge of $46.77. So $47.34 ended up being the total.

Last edited:
Is anyone else having ia problem with their cc being charged for this?

It's the same CC I use just fine on Amazon. However on the UK cite there's no where to put in your 3-digit code, etc, which I assume is what is failing it.

Why can't they bloody take paypal/google checkout.

Is anyone else having ia problem with their cc being charged for this?

It's the same CC I use just fine on Amazon. However on the UK cite there's no where to put in your 3-digit code, etc, which I assume is what is failing it.

Why can't they bloody take paypal/google checkout.

Because amazon uses "amazon payments" which is a better, cheaper (free) alternative to paypal (basically making paypal a competitor to them). Google checkout, now that's something they should do but probably won't... as before, they want people to use their google-checkout-like "amazon payment" system. You could try that? Or maybe get one of those prepaid credit giftcards at the grocery store or walmart (gift card section), the ones with VISA or MASTERCARD on it. Also, there's your credit/debit company which might have a website with "virtual credit numbers" which randomly gives you a temp number to use for online purchases.

Mine shipped out today with an estimated delivery of Dec 19.
My cost was $48.58.

Mine shipped today, one copy to TN with an estimated arrival of Dec 15. The other copy sent to myself in NM is estimated for Dec 17. I was charged $46.77 for each copy.

I was actually charged an extra $0.47 for each transaction due to the foreign transaction charge (since I shipped two orders to two different locations). Still a fantastic price, considering...

god only knows when my order will get to me. I have no idea how DHL is going to deliver something to an APO address, I am stationed in Korea.

ETA: It looks like I'm fucked because Amazon's UK site says they do not deliver to overseas APO addresses. That is funny, though, because every APO is overseas. I'm wondering where in the hell my package is going. I'll probably never see it. :(

Last edited:
Yep; i mentiond this earlier in the thread; it is not a charge by amazon but your credit card company. I think you can avoid this by specifying currency on the amazon site (someone else mentioned this); but it might lock in the price at the time the order is placed (here we did better by waiting; though like all hedges one can never predict the future and currency exchange). The price for me came out a bit higher than expected (47 and change plus the $0.47; but still cheaper thant he original 51 at time the order was placed; either way a good deal).

I was actually charged an extra $0.47 for each transaction due to the foreign transaction charge (since I shipped two orders to two different locations). Still a fantastic price, considering...

Sweet! How many days did it take from the day they shipped it?? Mine was shipped out on the 2nd.

Mine shipped out on November 29th and arrived today, December 6th :). So, three days earlier than yours on the ship date, and 7 days total including the weekend.

Mine shipped on the 1st and I got it on the 5th.

Edit: The cases are a little big actually. The plastic is really thick and sturdy, while the box is flimsy. An odd combo. Would have been nice if it was more like the LOTR extended addition box which looks wicked nice and fits more discs in a smaller sturdy space. Good price though!

Last edited:
For $30... er pounds or whatever the fuck it cost like half of if I bought it from amazon.COM I couldn't give less of a fuck about the case.

Just got my bluray set in the mail in quebec canada. No customs charge. Im an happy camper.

Still waiting on mine. It shipped on the 30th, but tracking hasn't updated past "order has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit".

Mine came in 2 days ago. Too bad I haven't had time to even unwrap the packaging! :( What a deal. I can't remember the last time I was able to purcahse 8 blu-rays for roughly $6 ea.

Mine is Royal Mail, but I didn't get a tracking number :( But ETA is Dec 20th and I am in South Florida so I get to play the waiting game.

Mine is DHLGA :( But I am in no real rush for the movies.

For those who received the package; have you tried playing the movies ? Good quality ?

I watched the Philosopher's Stone and Dealthy Hallows part 2 and both looked and sounded awesome.

DHL will prob hand it off to the post office once in the states.. gona take forever probably cause so far everything thats been handed off to the post office is come turtlely slow.

Back