Harry Potter Complete 8-Film Movie Collection set [2011]: Bluray=$47 shipped, DVD=$39

Yes, the box set won't be available to ship until at least December 2nd, 2011. At half the price I can wait a few weeks or longer for it to ship and make it over here. :)

I don't think it's going to even take more than a week... most of my European sent packages come in 7-10 days, usually 6-7ish. :D

I wonder if prime shipping affects this international order? 2-day international! haha jk, that'd be nice.

I put in my pre-order this morning, I like these movies and I don't own any of them on dvd or blu-ray yet, and I haven't seen the last 2.

Now once I get these I won't be forced to sit through commercials on ABC Family since they seem to show the Harry Potter movies back to back at least one weekend a month, hehe.

damn almost forgot... I need to buy a blu-ray player now!

Anything I should absolutely avoid like the plague?

I would just avoid cheap no-name players... not that I've seen a whole lot of them.

I routinely see Panasonic, Samsung, and LG Blu-Ray players at Fry's for $60 - $80 during their sales. 3D-Ready players (again at Fry's) seem to range from $100 - $130 during the sales... although today and tomorrow they actually have a 3D capable player for $88.99 (looks to be either an LG or Samsung).

If you don't have a Fry's nearby similar deals can be had online if you look around. :)

Not that I know of, offhand. My insignia player that's a few years old years old works well for me and I only paid around 70 dollars for it.

I use my PS3 as my blu-ray player.

I need to buy this set, dammit.

To anybody concerned with ordering from Amazon.uk, I can tell you that I've ordered probably 5 or 6 box sets from them for these ridiculous prices and every one of them has come in with no issues.

I've racked up 50% off (or more) deals on The Alien Quadrilogy, The Godfather Trilogy, the Batman 4 disc set, and a few others I'm forgetting to name currently.

I always see them on slickdeals, and they're a very common occurence

To anybody concerned with ordering from Amazon.uk, I can tell you that I've ordered probably 5 or 6 box sets from them for these ridiculous prices and every one of them has come in with no issues.

I've racked up 50% off (or more) deals on The Alien Quadrilogy, The Godfather Trilogy, the Batman 4 disc set, and a few others I'm forgetting to name currently.

I always see them on slickdeals, and they're a very common occurence

Same.... I have gotten several myself :D.

Girlfriend is a HUGE JK Rowling and HP fan.
In for one bluray set :)

Hopefully it gets here before christmas :-\

Awesome, thanks for that info. :D

That makes it seem a lot safer to me... a better deal is a better deal, same company, same stuff

This is a great deal.

The wife and I were walking through Target lastnight and we saw this set for $80 on sale till wednesday. Not bad for those that was to grab it same day here in the states.

double the cost almost in stores?

lol, whoa no thanks... I would rather wait and order online from here, and then buy some groceries or a new game with the huge savings :)

This is a great deal.

The wife and I were walking through Target lastnight and we saw this set for $80 on sale till wednesday. Not bad for those that was to grab it same day here in the states.

Uh, that is close to double the cost of the deal here when you factor in local sales tax.

No way would I buy it at Target anyways. I will order this online here and save money for myself, get it a week or two after you, and no big deal for me as it is still before the holidays. :)

You could buy Thanksgiving or maybe a couple Holiday dinners with all that money you spent extra buying at Target buddy. Heck, with this deal you could have bought 2 for $80 and gave one away for free to a family member, or sold it for profit since you are buying it half cost here.

Sitting in your ivory towers it's probably hard to see that not everyone has the same spending habits. Some people do like to buy same day and still save some cash. That was the whole purpose of my contribution with Target's sale price but i guess i've learned my lesson.

Oh believe me, Soul, my towers are a lot more shittier than ivory.. ;) thats why I'd rather save my money hahaha

I mean, sure you could buy it at that price any time with a % off coupon found in the sunday paper usually, heh. Someone could still use your post, and not post in reply... so you never know, your post might have been looked at and thought of by someone like you (shrug)

Oh believe me, Soul, my towers are a lot more shittier than ivory.. ;) thats why I'd rather save my money hahaha

I mean, sure you could buy it at that price any time with a % off coupon found in the sunday paper usually, heh. Someone could still use your post, and not post in reply... so you never know, your post might have been looked at and thought of by someone like you (shrug)

I was half tempted to buy it a Chez Target at this price, since everyone else had it for $100+. I thought it was a good deal. :)

Until I found this thread!

I paid just under $50 USD shipped (with the conversion and the slightly higher list price). It's going to be a Christmas present for the Wife, so I don't need it ASAP. :cool:

Believe me it never made it in my cart while walking around Target but I did tell some family members. I think we all have family that are still afraid of online shopping.

I have co-workers that still ask me how ebay works.

Thanks for sharing this deal. Helped make Christmas shopping easier.

Believe me it never made it in my cart while walking around Target but I did tell some family members. I think we all have family that are still afraid of online shopping.

I have co-workers that still ask me how ebay works.

I'd tell new people to avoid ebay until they can sit for a while and learn the in's and outs to avoid getting scammed (heavy scamming done on ebay in my experience, more than just a couple scammers before I even hit the +10 feedback rating, lol :rolleyes: )

Thanks for sharing this deal. Helped make Christmas shopping easier.

Yeah, I love online shopping... it's the kind of shopping you can do in your underwear.... even intoxicated hehehe
I really enjoy the gas savings, and avoiding the massive waits of standing in line with a bunch of random strangers

Thanks I snagged one for me, then bought one for my niece for the holidays. I figured that is one less trip, and when I am done watching I will sell the set on craigslist or trade for another movie collection with my buddy.

Thanks OP! Saved me a ton with this one :D

Girlfriend is a HUGE JK Rowling and HP fan.
In for one bluray set :)

Hopefully it gets here before christmas :-\

Seems they are shipping out in a few days, so you should have a good 21 days for shipping, way more than enough time man.... unless you live on Mars? :D

I'm curious to see how they ship these. The cost suggests SAL but that can take up to two weeks and the estimate is just a few days. So maybe EMS?

Mine got charged today by Amazon UK, gonna go check my order status... in the past I've received bluray sets within around 5-6 business days from them. :)

EDIT: "Dispatch estimate: 1 Dec 2011" and a delivery estimate of around the 8th. :D Actual amount charged to my card was $46.xx.

Too good of a deal for me to pass up. In for one also. Thanks OP. The wife and kids love these. Perfect for an x-mas gift. :)

And in case anyone missed the Alien Anthology thread,

Amazon.UK is also running killer deals on other Blu-ray box sets including:

Band of Brothers: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Band-Brothers-Complete-Commemorative-Blu-ray/dp/B003YCOIFY/ref=pd_sim_d_h__6

The Matrix Trilogy: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Matrix-Trilogy-Blu-ray-Region/dp/B001CEE1YE/

How do you tell which ones are region free if it doesn't specifically say it on the UK site?

EDIT: found it in the details.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Movies 1-8 Blu-ray: Dispatched today: $46.77 (Currently 79.99 @ amazon)
Limited Number Release: Movies 1-8 Blu-Ray: Dispatching Soon: $91.82

Not bad, if I do say so.

Gonna finally bite on this... procrastinated too long already.

Question: during order process did ya'll choose yes or no to the Amazon currency converter? Better to let Amazon exchange the currency or let the CC issuer do it??

Blu-rays are all region free.

Since when? Region free is commonly referred to blu rays that are region ABC. There are blu rays that are only part of one region and cannot be played by blu rays of another region. Region free denotes that they can be played by any region blu ray player. Region B only blu rays are definitely not region free.

Mine was "dispatched" today, estimated to arrive Dec. 21. So I guess it was sent SAL, hopefully it doesn't get lost in the holiday shipping shuffle since there's no tracking.

Sorry for the stupid question but i just bit on the UK release as well and i'm totally new to the HP movies.. always wanted to watch them and never read the books and i'm 39 hehe. Wife always there to tell me know everytime i wanted to buy the movies. :/

Anyways.. is this set complete? All movies or is there 2 more i need to complete the set?

Back