Harry Potter Complete 8-Film Movie Collection set [2011]: Bluray=$47 shipped, DVD=$39

FWIW the HD-DVD version we have of HP1 is the Philosophers Stone, not the Sorcerers Stone. Was part of the HD-DVD box set, movies 1-4 or 1-5.

Went ahead and pre-ordered the BR set from Amazon UK. Figured I can always cancel between now and December 1st if the price comes down "locally", etc.

The one thing I'm a little worried about is any potential charge the bank might tack on for out of country order, currency conversions, etc. If THAT comes up, then I'm dropping the order like a hot potato!

You can turn on a "currency conversion" preference that charges you in USD. I have ordered several blu-ray box sets from Amazon UK without issue or additional fees :).

It depends how amazon charages. I know that when I use Gog, for example, visa charges me 1%. Mind you 1% of 45$ is only 0.45 cents (charages on Gog orders are typically between 0.10 and 0.05 :) )
-

FWIW the HD-DVD version we have of HP1 is the Philosophers Stone, not the Sorcerers Stone. Was part of the HD-DVD box set, movies 1-4 or 1-5.

Went ahead and pre-ordered the BR set from Amazon UK. Figured I can always cancel between now and December 1st if the price comes down "locally", etc.

The one thing I'm a little worried about is any potential charge the bank might tack on for out of country order, currency conversions, etc. If THAT comes up, then I'm dropping the order like a hot potato!

What price does it add for shipping? it states: " this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery "

order charged £3.08 for shipping, which is about $4.90. Haven't had any import taxes or duties on blu-rays I've bought from amazon uk before.

Are we positive this will work on US players? This is an insane deal but I'd rather not waste my money due to region locks...

EDIT: It helps to look at the links. Thanks for the heads up!

Old news, check that it's not region restricted -- this is how I got my box sets of Planet Earth, Matrix, Stardust, and Underworld.. Blu-Ray there is naturally much cheaper b/c ppl refused to get ripped off like us.

Its why they try to enforce region restrictions on most things now.

Shipping just takes a little bit longer, you just have to wait. Your regular Amazon account works, but your Prime membership will not apply.

You'll also have to get used to words like "basket" instead of "shopping cart" :)

In for one. I had a box set of 1-5 + 6 standalone blu-rays, but it was cheaper to buy this whole set instead of just films 7 & 8. Guess my others will go on EBay when these arrive.

I placed my order and hit the final confirm button, then the next page said something to the effect that I needed to have placed an order to view this page?!? So I started over and attempted to place another order but it warned me I was about to place a duplicate order, so I went to check on the status of the first attempt but the site says I have no open orders.... very confused :confused: I'd love to hop on this deal for myself and as a gift (2 copies) but not sure if I have ordered it yet or not

I placed my order and hit the final confirm button, then the next page said something to the effect that I needed to have placed an order to view this page?!? So I started over and attempted to place another order but it warned me I was about to place a duplicate order, so I went to check on the status of the first attempt but the site says I have no open orders.... very confused :confused: I'd love to hop on this deal for myself and as a gift (2 copies) but not sure if I have ordered it yet or not

That exact thing happened to me at newegg one time..... I got a page error and it was a awesome "shell shocker" deal, so I did it again. I didn't notice anything until the 2 orders popped up on my CC.

All you have to do is take one package, and tell the UPS/Fedex guy to return the other one (costs you $0). The newegg person on the email told me to do this, and I was given an instant refund. This was newegg though, so amazon might be a tad different (usually better In my experience)

email support. amazon tends to be very responsive.

yeah, amazon emails within 1 day.

Sounds like you had internet issues or your browser went fidgety.

Personally, after that happening to me before, I should have waited for the 1st order to process into their system...... it came up like 2 hours after I placed my 2nd order lol, and they shipped both out by the time I realized it. :D So I had to cancel one package and keep the other, didn't cost me nothing, but it might have messed up the future "free shipping" deals since they practically paid for nothing on that one. I try not to do it again, just for that reason..... <3 free shipping deals, esp on heavy stuff :D

Hmm not a bad price, at 32.50 that translates to about $52 at current rates, I was going to snatch this from Fry's since they're selling it for $77. However, who knows ... $25 cheaper only need to wait a little longer (release is 11-11 in the US 12-2 in the UK)

Hmm not a bad price, at 32.50 that translates to about $52 at current rates, I was going to snatch this from Fry's since they're selling it for $77. However, who knows ... $25 cheaper only need to wait a little longer (release is 11-11 in the US 12-2 in the UK)

It's actually not $52, its much cheaper... when I did the conversion price on google, the LIVE conversion was $47 and few cents change.

And that included the U.K. "VAT" cost and everything (shipping to the USA as well was included in that price) :)

Should be under $50 no doubts, I guess depending on where you live in the US maybe it might be a little higher as I'm on the east coast?

Regardless, yes.. heckkkkk of a lot cheaper to order through the UK, and its a legit company at that price, surprisingly :D

Price drops at checkout since US doesn't pay vat. East coast here nd it came to $47ish shipped according to google conversion.

I suspect actual price will be conversion at time it ships. Note that the description of conversion is that it is for display purposes only; they still charge you british lbs.

I suspect actual price will be conversion at time it ships. Note that the description of conversion is that it is for display purposes only; they still charge you british lbs.

It charges usd, I have done this many times.

Got mine for £30.00 shipped also, thanks for the link! (East coast ~£3 shipping). $47 or $48 depending on the exchange rate you use.

I put in my preorder a few weeks ago.. I waited to pay attention to anything Harry Potter until now.. So I'll get the movies and the books, and see what all the hullabaloo has been all about. :D

Well the cool thing about watching the HP movies from when they first came out was that they were made for the demographic of that time. So they are movies you kind of grew up with and slowly transitioned to a more darker and serious plot. The movies went from petting kittens and going adventures to losing loved ones and having people tortured and killed.

It's a great deal and I bit on it even though I have the complete collection bought as they came out, many being 4 disk sets. I wanted to get the entire collection on BluRay and all of the extra content bundled with it.

I envy you who get the set and have never seen a movie or read a book. It is an adventure of the mind and I have no doubt you will thoroughly enjoy the experience.

So glad I refreshed my memory and watched HP1-6 before DH came out. Really helped me tie everything together in that epic flashback scene. Before that I only really saw HP1 and 2 in middle school during free time from tests. The last two movies were the only ones I saw in theaters.

I tried to order again today and it once again gave me the same error, so I placed the order a second time and agreed to placing the duplicated order. My orders page only shows 1 order and I only received one email during the entire process so I doubt I'll receive multiple copies (if not, merry Christmas to somebody!)

Ok fuck it, wife wants this, I'll take a chance on the UK Amazon... its so retarded too, that even though its one company, and the movie is physically over here, they'll still send it from the UK.

I did get a chuckle though when it had my address and I had to click "Dispatch to this address" ... froze for a moment having me think "wtf"

In for 1, thanks op.

I did notice a $1.61 charge to my debit from amazon uk..

Yeah, most companies do that to ensure you actually have a legit credit card... its always between 0.01 and 1.99. Never more than that, typically. No worries, Its just a temporary safety hold to ensure credit worthyness, until they charge the real cost of the item. Then, it goes away.

Yeah it is just a safety temporary "hold" to make sure it is not a fake credit card.

Lots of companies do that

For those that are seeing £32.30 as the price, that is the price with VAT. Since you'll be having it delivered to the US, VAT (basically sales tax) will be removed. Your price, with shipping, will be £30.00. Just keep going through the order process to see the right price. (This has been mentioned earlier in the thread, but people seem to not notice, so I'm mentioning it again.)

Nice, so this is all the movies including deathly holllows p2 right? I m/issed one or two movies in the middle and can't remember finer details to the previous ones so it would be nice to watch em all and see deathly hollows p2 as well. And atleast this gives me something to use as an xmas present to the wife.

If anyone hasn't seen Part 1, the DVD is on sale right now for $3.99 shipped free from amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...mp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B001UV4XHY

Or its $3.75 shipped (in working used condition) if you want to save a little bit :D

Nice, so this is all the movies including deathly holllows p2 right? I m/issed one or two movies in the middle and can't remember finer details to the previous ones so it would be nice to watch em all and see deathly hollows p2 as well. And atleast this gives me something to use as an xmas present to the wife.

This should be them all

and supposedly some were saying the Official Harry Potter movies will no longer be made on disk anymore coming late 2012? Kind of like a sorta 2 birds with 1 stone kind of deal.... so I'm in lol:D

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I couldn't resist the urge any longer... I just bit. Thanks OP!

i also preordered... for 48$ , its almost a steal when you think each movie is near 20.

Link brings me to a preorder page. Is that correct?

Yes, the box set won't be available to ship until at least December 2nd, 2011. At half the price I can wait a few weeks or longer for it to ship and make it over here. :)

Warner Bros is going the route of Disney by pulling the movies out of circulation next year and waiting until the next group of potential buyers comes of age. They will then be reissued. Rinse and repeat, ad nauseum

..... and supposedly some were saying the Official Harry Potter movies will no longer be made on disk anymore coming late 2012? Kind of like a sorta 2 birds with 1 stone kind of deal.... so I'm in lol:D

Back