Hardware upgrad Vista needs revalidation, no idea where my key is

HardCopy

n00b
So, I upgraded some hardware x3 720 BE, asrock extreme 3 mobo, kingston hyper x, hopefully a GTX 550 ti or somthing similar soon And of course with no warning that I ever saw Vista locked me out of windows.

Is there some way to get my cd key with something like winkeyfinder (I tried but it wont recognize my thumb drive)

Any help appreciated.

Ahah! I actually figured out a way to get my key. This may be useful info to someone so ill post it here.

What I did was to download winkeyfinder on a usb drive, then caused an unexpected shutdown of windows (flipped the power supply switch off) restarted my computer selecting it to go into command prompt.

Next I typed goto d:\ into command prompt which opened my usb drive in a window then ran winkeyfinder wrote down the key and activated as normal after that.

Can I get a cookie?

I <3 Vista for what it did for operating systems. It was a huge leap forward.

You're still using Vista, and want a cookie? :confused:

Post SP1, Vista took the shape of its younger sibling, Win7.

Currently the gap between the 2 operating systems is near nonexistent.
So many people with these preset, unchanging opinions without doing any research. Makes me sad :(

OP: Nice work, I will need to look into this program for the many friends I have who don't bother to keep track of their keys.

Vista is O.k. compared to 7... My only big complaint about it is that it doesn't auto defrag like 7 does.

at least he's not posting up retarded commentd implying that there is something wrong with Vista..

If there wasn't a problem with Vista, then there wasn't a need for Windows 7 to be released post haste, was there? I'm sorry to step on your toes with the "retarded" comments. I know that's kinda your forte.

Defrag in Vista works exactly the same as it does in Windows 7; it's the same principle, same defragger but some differences in the way it gets the job done because of the improvements with Superfetch in Windows 7.

Back