HardOCP vs. Infinium YAY

ktingle said:
Anyone else tired of this stuff?

Its a big public pissing contest over nothing.

I thought it was worth the public seeing exactly what kind of company IL is. Also, I thought it was pretty funny.

If you are tired of our coverage of it, consisting of a couple of posts a WEEK for the last month, you can easily click the close window button and not worry about it anymore.

Hey Kyle, if I were you I'd get a t-shirt made that says:

"Who is [K]yle Bennett, and Why are people trying to F**k Him?"

Then wear THAT at CES. Heh, heh, heh. :D

PS, that's a joke BTW.

I am starting the a company that will develop and sell teh ne><t ub3r 1337 g4ming box0r! Sendish y0ur cash adn chex to me and don't tell kyle!!!

FaRKle0079 said:
w00t! go Kyle! ahaha I saw this today http://yahoo.reuters.com/financeQuo...tfh37553_2005-01-10_23-00-41_n10354494_newsml looks like KB isn't the only one suing IL right now. Even their own buisness partners are getting fed up with them.
We've reported on this and also another lawsuit in Florida by Baytree Associates. I think they've had up to... what? Seven lawsuits in the past two years? I'm starting to lose track. There's been four in Florida, two in Texas and one in California. I think that's it.

Mysogonist said:
I am starting the a company that will develop and sell teh ne><t ub3r 1337 g4ming box0r! Sendish y0ur cash adn chex to me and don't tell kyle!!!

hehe...

All your cash are belong to Infinium :)

burningrave101 said:

I represent Mysogonist in the above thread. My client takes great offense at your libelous "LOL" commentary on his attempts to acquire start-up capital for his legitimate 1337 g4ming box0r venture. Although we don't even have 3D models of the product yet, you have irreparably harmed our client and damaged his fine reputation, and to top it all off we lost an investor who was going to give us four dollars, two of which goes to me for legal fees.

I want my two dollars!!!

:p

-[Ch]ams

Just want to remind you the reason for the creation of this thread. Off topic posting will shut this thread down.

Mysogonist said:
Firstly, Congrats to the [H] team, we all knew that this was the right outcome.

And with that in mind, if you want to be off-topic while still wanting to talk about Infinium, please drop by Where Is Phantom?? and participate there. I say that because the case is still ongoing and isn't final until the docket status changes.

I'm glad to see that Kyle finally got rid of his venereal disease(s). I know it's a long, tough battle, chief.

Mr. Tinker said:
I'm glad to see that Kyle finally got rid of his venereal disease(s). I know it's a long, tough battle, chief.

I dunno, I'd be more inclined to use the word hemerroid as opposed to VD. Hemerroids are a pain in the ass, just like Infinium ;)

Sorry, I meant to post that as a new thread but I must have been confused like an old person trying to use an ATM.

IL got pwn3d.

Congrats to Kyle, and really to all of us that our first amendment rights aren't getting fucked by douchebags like Tim Roberts.

A round on me!

How the hell did you pony up a quarter mill. to fight a libel lawsuit? That is the real question here...

Also, imagine the countless cases of intimidation where the threatened party doesn't just have $250k lying around...

Matrices said:
How the hell did you pony up a quarter mill. to fight a libel lawsuit? That is the real question here...

Also, imagine the countless cases of intimidation where the threatened party doesn't just have $250k lying around...

I thought the loser have to pay for the legal fee of winner.

-MikeHawk- said:
Well I wonder what jpmkm & Lethal could've said that Kyle needed to delete those posts? Guess no one ever said [H] was a democracy. Good thing the courts you were fighting in were, huh?

Unfortunately your assessment regarding what the two mentioned posters may allegedly have written, and that you admittedly never read, yet conclude by your sarcastic tone may have been negative or scandalous as to warrent the deletion of said posts resulting in having Democracy turned on it's head is, in a word, wrong.

Many read those posts at the start of this thread, and before the deletion, and it's not at all what you imply. It's always important in a Democratic court to get your facts straight.

IM SO GETTIN SHIRTS MADE

[H]=1 Infinium Labs=0

This message brought to you by 2 punk kids!!

:p

T20 said:
I thought the loser have to pay for the legal fee of winner.

That depends how costs are awarded in the court but generally yes, Infinium should have to bear the burden of much of the costs.

Infinium Labs made a big mistake with the lawsuit. They figure most guys would just keel over under the pressure, and just submit when the risks and costs got too high.
Well they decided to learn the hard way, something all of us have known for a long time:
Dont screw with the [H].

Congrats guys, good to see people standing up for what they believe in and coming out with their heads held high.

I'm quite interested in the legal fee aspects of this.

I realize that KB actually did a pre-emptive suit and thus was the victor. In this case, who pays his massive legal fees? If not all of them, what portion would normally be expected to be paid and by whom?

Now, let's reverse the situation into the hypothetical. Say that Infinium Labs had sued KB in an attempt to get them to roll over in what was effectively a rather facetious lawsuit. Obviously it takes a lot of money to defend yourself against a lot of money, so who, assuming KB would win this hypothetical case, would pay the legal fees of KB, and in what amount or percentage?

It makes me feel a bit odd to think that if I were to say something negative yet true about a company that they could simply sue me, and, even if I were to go through the labor of hiring a defense for myself and won, would be, after all is said and done, out a substantial amount of money. Please note that I live in Minnesota.

Thanks [H], great site I've learned an awful lot from (thanks to the community as well for that). Willing to donate should the need arise, either to recoup costs, help the site out or even buy you guys a round (or three) of drinks!

Grats guys on the win!

I can't believe that that quote from the CEO of Infinium labs.. I've never seen it before. For someone trying to defend himself.. that's rediculous.

Lets say that one of us smaller sites gets a legal letter sent to us. How are we supposed to deal with this type of bullshit lawsuits?

I got a legal letter from Samsung about a year ago saying that my LAN Parties name "LANsomniac" was in violation of one of their pending SM marks "LANSomniaca".

Even though somniac is different from somnia, their mark was still pending, I don't run a business and our two organizations are different and in different states... they still put pressure on us to forward them our domain name and for us to change our name. So we are now LANmaniac.

Thinking back on it I wish that I never gave them a single thing and seen how far this would have gone. But they are a multi billion dollar company and I scrape to find cash. :(

BurntToast said:
Lets say that one of us smaller sites gets a legal letter sent to us. How are we supposed to deal with this type of bullshit lawsuits?(

Basically, yep, you are screwed. But I am looking into doing something about that.

Nice court document on the front page.
Just one question now...who or how is the court and lawyer fees going to be paid? (not wading through 7 pages of congrats to find a possible answer)

Congratulations Kyle. Anyway you look at it, a quarter of a million dollars is a lot of money and we can only hope there won't be a repeat.

What about a counter suit? Also if I remember anything from law class, if the plaintiff/defendant loses the suit, he has to pay your lawers fees etc. etc.

INFINIUM =
fd8a9a4a.gif

Tibu971.8L said:
What about a counter suit? Also if I remember anything from law class, if the plaintiff/defendant loses the suit, he has to pay your lawers fees etc. etc.

INFINIUM =
fd8a9a4a.gif
i agree. All i have to say is I have a new found respect for HARDOCP. Great Job winning! The legal fees in America are really rough though, I would try to do my best to get it back.

Back