HardOCP vs. Infinium YAY

J4M3S0N79

Gawd
Firstly, Congrats to the [H] team, we all knew that this was the right outcome.

Secondly, There is no need for any apologies for being distracted by this suit, it was an absolutely terrible year for hardware to begin with so no harm no foul.

Way to go!!!! Now get to reviewing those new NF4 DFI boards....we all want the review...yesterday!

M

Mysogonist said:
Firstly, Congrats to the [H] team, we all knew that this was the right outcome.

Secondly, There is no need for any apologies for being distracted by this suit, it was an absolutely terrible year for hardware to begin with so no harm no foul.

Way to go!!!! Now get to reviewing those new NF4 DFI boards....we all want the review...yesterday!

M
off topic belongs in genmay ;) :D

Feedback on this is very much welcome here. Thanks for the congrats! It has been a long road.

And the people rejoice!

When does the party start? Drinks on me!

... actually dont hold me to that :eek:

DiscoStu said:
And the people rejoice!

When does the party start? Drinks on me!

... actually dont hold me to that :eek:
My wife is getting taken out for Sushi. She has been the one that has had to put up with a pissed off grumpy guy for the last year. That mush surely suck when you aren't to blame for pissing him off.

There are some losers.

Morley and I are now out of a website. :(

Joking aside, the real fight is about to begin. The issue of recovering the money spent on this lawsuit could be a doozy. First the Judge has to agree on sanctions and then Kyle has to collect blood from a turnip.

I'll do a full editorial on Whereisphantom.com later when this is all actually over. We've had a lot of people support us there and keep up with the updates when it couldn't be discussed here at the [H].

Morley and I were (and still are) playing a dangerous game with Infinium Labs, trying to stay accurate and report the case as it happened. I've had a few arguments with my wife about me staying away from this whole matter, fearing that I would be sued next. I honestly expected a summons a few times, but knew we had the truth on our side.

It's also been hard because I've had to keep a big distance from Kyle during this whole affair. Same thing with Morley. We've both had to make sacrifices to keep WIP alive.

Shoutout to Captain_N, PS2_Informant, recluse, phandumb, Abyss (yeah, he gets a shout out from me), opposable, rmcorr and MikeTheAdmin. CraigD, you get a tip of the cap for sticking to your guns. We didn't agree, but I repected your opinion.

Thanks for staying the course Kyle, your stand was inspiring. Here's to the [H] being able to get back to what they do better than anyone else :D

"....revenge is a dish best served cold....."....:cool:

Kudos, Kyle - now, the real fight begins; getting a judgement is one thing, getting ca$h out of that bunch will be a whole different challenge. Best wishes for the speedy recovery of your working a$$ets.......and, again, congratulations.

Regards - B.B.S.

Hope you guys get all the money back you spent on this. And I went back to look at the old article again. lol How long has Mr.Roberts' website been off the face of the earth btw? lol I clicked on it and it had a cache from Dec. 25th that showed nothin of course.

Just wanted to drop in my appreciation for the personal and physical trial [H] had to go through... in a large way you were fighting for all of us.

Thank You. :)

[H] owns all!!!!!111

congrats Kyle
u_DR_K13

I just started coming to [H] in Octoberish (can't remember exactly when). I never even knew you guys were in a legal battle, nor did it ever ocurr to me that you had "slow" updates. To me, once or twice a day way a lot of updating. I can't even begin to think what it was like before the lawsuit.

sac_tagg said:
I just started coming to [H] in Octoberish (can't remember exactly when). I never even knew you guys were in a legal battle, nor did it ever ocurr to me that you had "slow" updates. To me, once or twice a day way a lot of updating. I can't even begin to think what it was like before the lawsuit.

If I might be so bold as to say that the [H] was, is, the gold standard in both updating news that actually means something and producing top-notch, in-depth, reviews (Gush over :))

Fairly new on the boards but long time reader and I would like to say Congratulations........and thanks for sticking with it through all the BS.

cheers.gif

Spectre said:
...and thanks for sticking with it through all the BS.
cheers.gif
really thanks... in your same position would've have acted like you.

I can't believe $200k of [H] money went into it, I dont think infinium was worth it.

Jozone said:
I can't believe $200k of [H] money went into it, I dont think infinium was worth it.
When you're being sued by Infinium for $20 million in Florida... $200K is chump change. It's all about the larger picture folks. What you're forgetting what could happen the next time an article that Kyle et al writes that a company doesn't like. Then they'll sue Kyle again and again until there isn't a HardOCP.

A loss or win is a precident either way.

Torgo said:
When you're being sued by Infinium for $20 million in Florida... $200K is chump change. It's all about the larger picture folks. What you're forgetting what could happen the next time an article that Kyle et al writes that a company doesn't like. Then they'll sue Kyle again and again until there isn't a HardOCP.

A continued good luck to Morley and you as well then. Keep your heads down, and your ears to the rails.

Torgo said:

Exactly! Cyber law is a field still in its relative infancy. West's Business Law defines precedent as "a court decision that furnishes an example or authority for deciding subsequent cases involving indentical or similar facts". Kyle's fight with IL will surely be called upon as a precedent in future cases. It will be interesting to see how it ends up. My opinion is that he should get full costs/attorney fees awarded, to be paid by IL. :)

Lethal said:
Exactly! Cyber law is a field still in its relative infancy. West's Business Law defines precedent as "a court decision that furnishes an example or authority for deciding subsequent cases involving indentical or similar facts". Kyle's fight with IL will surely be called upon as a precedent in future cases. It will be interesting to see how it ends up. My opinion is that he should get full costs/attorney fees awarded, to be paid by IL. :)
Agreed.

Theres a lot of sites out there, that simply couldn't afford to defend themselves in the first place (so I guess its good a big one like [H] did).

Torgo and I are still deciding what to do with whereisphantom.com. We could continue covering IL and their shenanigans, but our heart was with [H] and now that it's over...well I feel like the Spaniard in The Princess Bride. There are other options though...a news site, tons of options. Torgo's got a lot of industry experience and contacts, and it'd be a shame not to have an outlet for him. I think he's proven a valuable asset to our community, especially running WIP when I had to take a step back for a few months.

Kyle Bennet and Larry Flynt will go down in history together as protectors of free speech. :D

Kyle you are a [H] Mother f.................. :)

its Mardi Gras time, know what that means???? King Cake!!!!!

thanx

Nash

Hooray i am glad now the [H] finaly has the monkey off its back...

In my opnion:

Phantom was circling the bowl from the start I cant wait till the plunger is taken to it and it finishes the downward sprial....

In my opnion it would have made a better software than it would have a console... make versions of it to run off pc, xbox and ps2 w/hard drive and screw the hot glue. Oh wait i think some thing like that exists already but i cant place the name of it some thing to stream a full title game to you over a broadband connection in which you make the purchase online... Isnt that what Steam is...

mpcamer1220 said:
wwhat is up with the judges signature???

That is one wicked sig! he must be going 'one loopy loop, two loopy loop' when he's signs it!

Congrats to everyone who help us retain this amazing tech site!

i am new here as a member but i've always followed. in times like this when anyone can sue for anything it is a relief to see true justice served. thank you guys for looking out for "us" the people who are subject to this kind of...for lack of a better word, crap. i can bust open my 3d studio max and churn out some sick looking game consoles too, but to try and fool everyone...piss on that guy. again [H] thank you, it's excellent to have you back here 110% and i'm sure everyone will reap the rewards of a stress now lifted.

if you don't stand for somet[h]ing, you will fall for anything.

thank you.
--jay style

Congrats!

I forsee future generations learning about “HardOCP Vs. Infinium Labs” in school as a major point in history :)

Jozone said:
I can't believe $200k of [H] money went into it, I don’t think Infinium was worth it.
You are correct, Infinium was not worth spending that $200K, but defending my rights as afforded to me by the US Constitution is worth every penny spent. This issue had nothing to do with Infinium Labs or their product. It had to do with HardOCP having the right to publish the truth about their CEO, his past business dealings, and our opinion on investing with him. Funny thing is, we have not had ANY opinions about the product or business model that were more than a quick statement. In this case the truth was not cheap. That said, IL had no chance of winning this case in Florida or Texas or any court in the USA. At the phase we were about to enter, the burden of proof had swung to IL. They had to now prove that we libeled them. And that was going to be very expensive for them to even attempt.

Bottom line is this in my opinion. IL pushed in hopes of forcing us out of business and their thinking that HardOCP was run by "two punk kids" might have worked out if IL was right about who they were dealing with.

Here to go along with this are some interesting statements made by Tim Roberts in their own forums before they were taken down. Funny thing is that he was the one suggesting libel and making public statements like these.

3.gif

1.gif

I guess that part about winning did not happen. But along with all the other lies I guess we should not be surprised.

fearless leader kyle...may i ask and please i understand if this isnt allowed yet but THROUGH ALL OF THIS!!!! HAS ANYONE SEEN A REAL PHANTOM PROTOTYPE?~!@?@~~!@#!@#~@~!@?~!@?~!@?

The cherry on top of the sundae will be firmly put in place when the vapour finally dissipates.

Congrats!

I have a piece of a broken prototype that was smashed with a very large hammer.

Back