HardOCP has always been AMD [H]aters

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you have these for every type of product out there. You have die hard Ford or GM guys, die hard Glock fanboys, etc.
It just baffles me. Use whatever is best. I currently have 2 TR systems, 2 intel systems, one intel server (older gear), and will probably build a small Ryzen system here soon for the hell of it too.

It just baffles me. Use whatever is best. I currently have 2 TR systems, 2 intel systems, one intel server (older gear), and will probably build a small Ryzen system here soon for the hell of it too.

That's just it. I've run plenty of AMD systems over the years and my fair share of Intel processors. I've only had more Intel CPU's because Intel has had the better performing products for the bulk of the last 20+ years I've been buying PC hardware. Within the last couple years I've run a Core i7 5960X, Threadripper 2920X, a 9900K, and a 3950X.

I still review everything, I just keep it to myself now. I get a lot less negative criticism this way.
I would happily give positive comments or no comments at all for access to some of these reviews if that’s what it took to bring back [H]

They want champagne performance at a 6 pack price. They be mad now that AMD is competative and prices accordingly...

That's just it. I've run plenty of AMD systems over the years and my fair share of Intel processors. I've only had more Intel CPU's because Intel has had the better performing products for the bulk of the last 20+ years I've been buying PC hardware. Within the last couple years I've run a Core i7 5960X, Threadripper 2920X, a 9900K, and a 3950X.

I was budget constrained for a long time, so I used AMD as the "cheaper option" - was mighty glad when Athlon leveled the playing field... but I've had a lot of intel boxes too. Hell, I was equally looking for x299 and the x399 stuff when I built my second TR system (server/plex/HTPC), just found the TR parts before intel. And my gaming box was literally "do I find an intel CPU or an AMD motherboard this summer first?" - turns out the 10700k showed up before the MSI boards, so I went intel on that... and immediately turned around and built a 3960X for my workstation. But I've been accused of being an AMD/ATI shill, or NVIDIA/Intel, so many times...

At the end of the day, it's a CPU. As long as it does the job, it doesn't matter THAT much - enough cores for your task? Enough Ghz? Done. Pick one and go.

My first purchased CPU for a custom build was an AMD Athlon XP 2800+ that had great reviews from HardOCP. The next AMD chip I bought was the Athlon 64 X2-4200, also a well reviewed CPU from HardOCP. Every CPU that I have bought, minus the 3900X, was purchased after looking at HardOCP's reviews. So unless the OP is trolling, if so well done, I wholeheartedly disagree.

And when was the last time [H] reviewed anything again?
1) HardOCP doesn't exist anymore
True, but thefpsreview.com is as close as we are going to get and they do a mighty good job.

Last edited:
The only time I recall this place being overwhelmingly against AMD was back in the bulldozer days... but that was almost a decade ago.
I remember this vividly. It was a time when Intel was on top by ALOT. There was a AMD fanboy running rampant and commenting on any and all intel talks with AMD hype and bulldozer puns along with AMDs own hype. I think that got annoying and as we all watched bulldozer flop. I remember right after the launch the guy who was commenting disappeared and everyone gave him the shit back that he dished out for months.

Many long years ago back in ye eld days of the internets, I built myself an Abit KG7-Raid with a 1.4 Tbird chip based on a review I read here. It feels good to be excited about new hardware again after the decade of intel malaise, where I sat on my 3770k for 8 years.

My first purchased CPU for a custom build was an AMD Athlon XP 2800+ that had great reviews from HardOCP. The next AMD chip I bought was the Athlon 64 X2-4200, also a well reviewed CPU from HardOCP. Every CPU that I have bought, minus the 3900X, was purchased after looking at HardOCP's reviews. So unless the OP is trolling, if so well done, I wholeheartedly disagree.

True, but thefpsreview.com is as close as we are going to get and they do a mighty good job.
Indeed they do a good job, but the OP called out [H]. OP to be stuck in a trolling time warp

OP must have just woken up from a decade long coma, and has only ever seen the site during the years AMD was putting out garbage CPUs. The first CPU I ever bought with my own money, an AMD Athlon XP 2500+, I purchased due to reading stuff on [H]. The second motherboard I bought to use with the CPU, a DFI Lanparty NFII Ultra, was bought due to [H]'s review.

I knew I shouldn't have clicked. But like a train wreck I wanted to watch. Ugh

Not to mention that Kyle Bennett himself runs a personal Threadripper machine.

The only time I recall this place being overwhelmingly against AMD was back in the bulldozer days... but that was almost a decade ago.
They deserved most of the crap they got for Bulldozer too especially after the trainwreck of prelaunch hype, just like Intel with Netburst and pimping useless clockspeed and over hyped memory.

OP was clearly born yesterday with that join date. Doesn't know how this forum was like during the AMD 64 Opteron days.

Not to mention that Kyle Bennett himself runs a personal Threadripper machine.

i'd like to continue to forget those cpu's existed, kthnx.. ;)

Weren't the last couple of [H] reviews of threadrippers and very positive? Hell, AMD even trotted Kyle out on stage at one of their events to comment on Ryzen.

Time for you to eat crow tomorrow
AbeSimpsonLeave.gif

Any and all chatter as to HardOCP ever showing AMD in a good light is fake news.

We however like to abuse Intel as well.

It pretty much goes like this:

Review 3950X - Amazing processor.

Intel fans - You hate Intel and are just AMD shills.

Review Core i9-10900K - Fastest gaming processor on the planet right now.

AMD fans - You hate AMD and are obviously Intel shills.

In March 2010 .. I ordered a i7- 930 and Evga x58 3 Way Sli e758 ver 1.2 = Drop In support for sever Xeon's with 6 Gb of Gold OCZ 1600Mhz DDR 3 Triple Channel with CX HD 5850's .. still have every thing but the video cards .. I have to get it back up running as I was testing cards in slot 1 RX 580 8Gb / Slot 3 RX 570 4Gb with great air flow and with the Xeon X5660 and 18Gb in Triple Channel pushing 4K 60Hz gaming in 2019 in what games I could get the profiles to work == I takes a lot of work to be a Fanboy

x58 really scales CX without the need of a ribbon and it evolved to mix matching cards and you did not need to have 2 of the same as first card can be 8Gb and second could be 4Gb and still keep the 8Gb with 2 gpu's

But I know when it's time to move on

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back