Hard main page not playing nice with Safari

Mister E

2[H]4U
I've been experiencing a lot of page reloads due to errors while browsing on my iPhone 6+. Is this a known issue or just Safari being a pos?

Same problem with my s5 4.4.4 anything other that mobile site crashes my browser

I hope its something that can be fixed. I do like to browse when I'm away from my PC. :(

Getting a little ridiculous how often the main page crashes a mobile browser. Fix it maybe?

maybe don't use a pos browser? Works fine on chrome on android.

We cannot replicate this. We need more information as to exact browser, OS, exact errors you are seeing....

While surfing the HardOCP main page, my iPhone 6+, using safari, will go to a blank white screen with the tiny, "an error occurred and the webpage was reloaded" message. It recovers (reloads) the webpage from scratch. It does it very randomly. It does not ever happen on the forums. Phone is fully updated to the latest OS.

Thanks for looking into this Kyle. You guys rock.

While surfing the HardOCP main page, my iPhone 6+, using safari, will go to a blank white screen with the tiny, "an error occurred and the webpage was reloaded" message. It recovers (reloads) the webpage from scratch. It does it very randomly. It does not ever happen on the forums. Phone is fully updated to the latest OS.

Thanks for looking into this Kyle. You guys rock.

I assume this is NOT on the mobile page?

Yes I use the full site. With such a big screen the mobile site is unappealing.

Does it make a difference wether you are using 4G or WiFi or different WiFi places, maybe some redirects are getting hung up?

No difference when using either. I'm starting to wonder if it's a hardware problem with my specific phone. I get the same error sometimes when streaming tv shows but only once. The audio will start popping a little, indicating it's about to crash, and soon after, blam. When the page reloads and I restart the video from where it crashed, it doesn't happen again for that particular stream. Otherwise nothing else causes any issues and I'm very happy with the phone. I've looked around online and haven't found anyone else who has similar issues.

Articles still suffer page reloads. Clicked on the "Does a power supply affect overclocking" article and the reloads started. Bummer.

The fixes have ONLY been supplied to the special linked page above for the moment.

Thanks guys. I appreciate you taking the time to look into this. It's part of the reason you're my hardware site for over 10 years.

This all seems to be related with Apple not liking Google Ad tags....and we use DFP/Google ad services. We are in middle of replacing the ad tags for our Safari users......Apple sucks, or maybe Google does, or maybe both.

Sorry for the late reply. Work is consuming me.

Thee above link still suffers from page reloads. On my device anyways. It seems to occur regularly. About every 3 minutes or it happens.

Sorry for the late reply. Work is consuming me.

Thee above link still suffers from page reloads. On my device anyways. It seems to occur regularly. About every 3 minutes or it happens.

Same on iOS 8.2 in safari

Could be iOS 8.2, it's pretty buggy from what I've read. Try downgrading to 8.1.3 or just download the .ispw for the ios 8.3 beta. (No need for developer account, just google it)

Back