Hard Locks

masterosok

Gawd
I been having issues with hard locks and blue screens on my computer for the past few weeks. I think my PSU might be going out. Are these acceptable ranges...

Untitled.png

The locks up occur at random mostly when the system is idle. I have ran memtest86 successfully, Furmark runs for a good 5-10 minutes with no error. I haven't ran prime95 for very long but it didn't crash after 5 hours the last time I ran it. I would think that if my PSU was dying on me it would have crashed during prime95 but I am at a lost as to what is causing the issue. I was thinking the -12v is way off but I don't a great deal about what voltage ranges it should be in.

I have the hardware listed as my gaming rig in the my signature.

-12v rail is nearly pointless nowadays. It's also rarely reported correctly in software.

I have never seen a good foxconn board. We had a pile of them fail on us at my shop, mostly from bad caps. Have you inspected the board?

I dont see anything obviously wrong with the board but I suppose there could be something wrong with it. The only other common issue that occurs is sometimes when I load up certain games they freeze up for a few seconds, and the video driver says it has stopped responding and restarts. However the games run fine after that.. and I would think that if there was an issue with the card that it would crash pretty quickly when running Furmark.

I been having issues with hard locks and blue screens on my computer for the past few weeks. I think my PSU might be going out. Are these acceptable ranges...

Software voltage sensors are usually not calibrated to your exact motherboard so they should not be trusted. I would say get a voltmeter and check but you already got a replacement supply.

Software voltage sensors are usually not calibrated to your exact motherboard so they should not be trusted. I would say get a voltmeter and check but you already got a replacement supply.

Yeah I needed to get a new PSU anyway. The one I have is old and needs to be replaced whether its the cause of the issue or not. I certainly hope it is.. but I need to do some upgrading anyway as my hardware is dated....

I went ahead and upgraded my motherboard and cpu. I am not longer getting hard locks thus far but that pesky display driver not responding error is still occuring. I suppose its my video card though once the driver reloads I can play games normally. I am gonna have it RMD'd since its got a lifetime warranty.

Back