Hard launch of the 7900 series!

pandora's box said:
i can understand fully where this guy is coming from. we are talking about half a grand on video cards. probably best to wait for atleast 1 reliable review site to benchmark the card (guru3d hardocp anandtech rage3d)

and i also agree about the x1900xtx comment. if nvidia runs out of stock on these 7900gtx's then i'll buy a x1900xtx.
Two cards in the running for me, NVIDIA 7900GTX or ATI X1900XTX, which ever is slightly better will probably win. However the ATI has VIVO and the NVIDIA doesn't, so that's a +1 in ATI's favour, although the NVIDIA is I'm pretty sure HDTV ready, so +1 for them. It's gonna be close either way.

Hmmmm, disappointing that it still doesn't even come close to the XTX in Fear with the eye candy turned up.

Will still end up getting one though...

The Equalizer said:
Well when I buy something I want to be as sure as possible it's what I expect, I wouldn't want to be a trialist for them and have the hassle of removing the card and having to mail it out. Also if they do go out of stock, then my decision will be made and I'll be getting an ATI x1900xtx, so for NVIDIA's sake, I hope they have plenty of stock.

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from. I guess I have built up a tolerance to the "hassle" of shipping Cards.. If I have to send the 7900GTX OC back in for a refund, it would be a pleasure compared to what I am going through with ASUS, and my EN7800GT Dual..

The Equalizer said:
These cards don't have VIVO, beyond knowing what it means "video in video out" will this have any bearing on the cards, seen as the ATI x1900xtx does? as I don't know much about VIVO.
If you don't know what VIVO is then chances are you're not going to need it, for the most part it's sort of a waste but it's nice that I can connect an old console game system up to it.

The Equalizer said:
Two cards in the running for me, NVIDIA 7900GTX or ATI X1900XTX, which ever is slightly better will probably win. However the ATI has VIVO and the NVIDIA doesn't, so that's a +1 in ATI's favour, although the NVIDIA is I'm pretty sure HDTV ready, so +1 for them. It's gonna be close either way.

+1 for nvidia for the cooling solution imo. i owned a x1900xt for one day and the cooler was soo loud i had to send it back. but i gues thats a sacrifice im willing to make if these 7900gtx's go out of stock.

CrimandEvil said:
If you don't know what VIVO is then chances are you're not going to need it, for the most part it's sort of a waste but it's nice that I can connect an old console game system up to it.
So with VIVO, I could connect a ps2 or an n64 to it, and then what? how does it work? If it has any nifty features it may bare heavily on which card I get.

pandora's box said:
+1 for nvidia for the cooling solution imo. i owned a x1900xt for one day and the cooler was soo loud i had to send it back. but i gues thats a sacrifice im willing to make if these 7900gtx's go out of stock.
Yeah I must admit although others have said otherwise, I like the looks of the NVIDIA cooler, looks powerful. If the cooler on the x1900xtx is louder than the NVIDIA then again that will effect my final decision. To be honest I fcuking hate choices, I just wish one was miles ahead of the other so it would be nice and easy.

RDR RadoN said:
Yeah, I understand where you're coming from. I guess I have built up a tolerance to the "hassle" of shipping Cards.. If I have to send the 7900GTX OC back in for a refund, it would be a pleasure compared to what I am going through with ASUS, and my EN7800GT Dual..

I sent my EN7800GT Dual back too. Would only work in the secondary PCIe slot, not the primary, and I didn't want that. Asus tech support stink; am making sure my 7900 card is from eVGA...

pibrahim said:
I sent my EN7800GT Dual back too. Would only work in the secondary PCIe slot, not the primary, and I didn't want that. Asus tech support stink; am making sure my 7900 card is from eVGA...

Right on, man! Sadly, all ASUS can think of for me now, is a replacement, and since I own an online business, computer downtime is not acceptable. So they're making do all this paperwork to get one sent to me first, so I can send mine back to them. But hey, I guess I don't have to worry about that now, the BFG 7900GTX OC grabbed my wallet, and wouldn't let go! Oh well, its only a weeks pay! :D

The Equalizer said:
So with VIVO, I could connect a ps2 or an n64 to it, and then what? how does it work? If it has any nifty features it may bare heavily on which card I get.
You can use your moniter to play those consoles (with the right non crappy software that is). It works be digitizing the video feed signal (connected console system, etc) so that it is possible to play it back using the video card as an input.

Honestly this doesn't matter much, usually the quality of it isn't that great anyways.

I do have to say that the linked review it looks very much like the drivers aren't as optimized as they could be for these cards. I would hope that NV plans to release a update today for them instead of these beta drivers.

The Equalizer said:
Congrats enjoy, that is the very same card I have chosen, unless I decide upon the x1900xtx. Just waiting for a full review of the 7900GTX.

http://www.guru3d.com/newsitem.php?id=3686

On a review note, please be sure to check back on Thursday ouround 3 PM CET where we'll launch a series of articles on no less than 5 new graphics cards!
so thats what 9AM EST?

I should be getting some at work today, but it's likely we won't be able to do any benchies for a little while, we're so backed up that we're busy doing actual work. :(

The Equalizer said:
nah 3pm cet is 2pm est i think? Goddamn timezones.

cet = central european time zone. thats greenwhich + 1 which equals est + 6. so thats 9AM EST.

Iratus said:
Well the NDA is up at 2pm GMT so 9am would make sense :)

cool! was looking all over google for the time nda expires. *goes back to bed and sets alarm for 8:50am

Then again, no matter what new video card comes out, if it doesn't support DX10, then I can wait. :rolleyes:

pandora's box said:
cet = central european time zone. thats greenwhich + 1 which equals est + 6. so thats 9AM EST.
I thought cst, you said cet so yeah you're right. So confusing, good for me though as 9am can't get here quick enough, I want next delivery on which ever sucker I get.

The Equalizer said:
I thought cst, you said cet so yeah you're right. So confusing, good for me though as 9am can't get here quick enough, I want next delivery on which ever sucker I get.

screw next day. buying mine at compusa, circuitcity, bestbuy, or microcenter today. not going to wait till tomorrow lol. assuming cards are 529.99 average. the cost of next day delivery compared to paying 8% sales tax is about the same.

pandora's box said:
screw next day. buying mine at compusa, circuitcity, bestbuy, or microcenter today. not going to wait till tomorrow lol. assuming cards are 529.99 average. the cost of next day delivery compared to paying 8% sales tax is about the same.
Yeah not a bad idea, but nearest compusa to me is 40 miles away, and they tend to have the best selection, so fcuk that, unless circuit city come up trumps.

So, no reviews yet? I am looking forward to seeing how this performs compared to my x1900xtx. $500 Starting price is amazing, $500 should be the norm...

Would also love to see how it overclocks. ;)

F-it, they are fast, faster, fastest. I know that it's going to be faster than the 7800s so why not just frigin dive in. I've never bought a brand new card the day it's been released before and I gotta tell ya it feels GREAT! :D

I waiting for the setup program from evga....

since i paid 349 for my 7800GT CO's i wonder if they will give me 50 dollars to take a 7900GT LOL

OMFG [H] GOT TEH Reviews finally!! :D

My BFG 7900GTX got sent back to Monarch so that they could reimburst me for the two Opterons 280s to 285s that I ordered with them due to price breaks from our Dec 2005 purchase! Plus the fact that I think Monarch will charge me 600+/-USD for the 7900GTXs to coinside with the current market prices, 200USD less than the 7800GTXs cost last Dec. when they ran out of stock due to manufacturing quantity. If this happens, I am getting an additional TWO WD RAPTOR 150GB 10k RPMs to level up the cash I have at monarch! :D Can't wait!!

EDIT: Yup! BFG's cost $600.69 at Monarch!! They've listed 7900s again at their "new arrival" section:

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=M&Category_Code=NA_4

- KrulL

Just ordered my 7900GTX 512.

The fact that it beats the 1900XTX in FEAR and doesn't sound like a hoover won it for me.

Putting my SLI 7800 GT's on Ebay tonight and then will get a second GTX in a few weeks, after I've bought the 42" TV I've been promising my girlfriend for ages.

Iratus said:
Just ordered my 7900GTX 512.

The fact that it beats the 1900XTX in FEAR and doesn't sound like a hoover won it for me.

Putting my SLI 7800 GT's on Ebay tonight and then will get a second GTX in a few weeks, after I've bought the 42" TV I've been promising my girlfriend for ages.
Sounds like you got yourself a keeper there, a girl who wants a nice tv rather than a pair of shoes or a dress goes well in my book.

Ah you poor deluded soul. They aren't mutually exclusive sadly.

If I didn't have to buy the shoes and clothes as well I'd be a rich man -_-

Well, the buying itch got me!!!, I just ordered one of the Evga 7900GTX's from the Egg now gotta wait till tomorrow so I can put my 7800GT's to rest and find a buyer for them.
Anyone intersted???. :p :D

Back