Hard launch of the 7900 series!

dealer pricing on 7900GTX is roughly $590 and thats from Asus 0.0 they bumped up the 7900GT to $400 from $300 though

dealer pricing in $canadian$ looks like they are gonna be roughly 499-550 usd =D

i to am hoping they list them on site for the step-up. ill pull the cooler from my 7800gt and send it away without thinking about it. my tforce has onboard nv 6100 graphics so i can play battlefield 1942 till it gets back, then i can play cod2 again.

the Tigerdirect here in Miami, FL is a POS. I'd never get anything from them. Basically EVERYTHING is used and in beat up boxes...

ANYWAY, lol the newegg pic makes me laugh -- happy asian man snuggling vid cards
:D

Screw the 7900. What's the price drop update on the 7800GT?! :D

Sly said:
Screw the 7900. What's the price drop update on the 7800GT?! :D

I will sell you my 2 7800GT's for $200 a piece, that way I can get a 7900GTX for myself.
:D :D

Wow Nvidia sure has come around with hard launching a line of vid cards. They keep quiet till they have something worth talking about hmmm.

I am glad ATI is coming around with crossfire and losing the dongle and soon to be master cards only way they will get any share is if Nvidia screws up bigtime now. Oh well let's hope benchmarks are out by Friday :p.

mrbigshot said:
for those interested
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=415&num=2 preview of the evga 7900gt superclock. no real info but its a start.

550 core/1580 memory, with a good cooler and some luck perhaps these can do 650/1600 for gtx speeds.
That looks really tempting as a Step-Up from my 516 GT CO, but I also don't want to spend anything... Can anyone read the boxes in the pics and tell me the clock speeds on the basic eVGA 7900GT? I paid $300 for mine, so I'll just do an even trade for the $299 card.

mavalpha said:
That looks really tempting as a Step-Up from my 516 GT CO, but I also don't want to spend anything... Can anyone read the boxes in the pics and tell me the clock speeds on the basic eVGA 7900GT? I paid $300 for mine, so I'll just do an even trade for the $299 card.

You may need to get the lowest overclock option to clear a difference. I don't imagine the step up program will let you do an even trade.

mrbigshot said:
for those interested
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=415&num=2 preview of the evga 7900gt superclock. no real info but its a start.

550 core/1580 memory, with a good cooler and some luck perhaps these can do 650/1600 for gtx speeds.
that site says the 7900gt uses 1.4ns ddr3 modules. all the sites had been claiming that the 7900gt and 7900gtx would both use 1.2ns ddr3. atleast that helps justify the price difference between the gt and gtx assuming the 7900gtx will actually have the 1.2ns ddr3.

benamaster said:
I was just looking at that, I wonder if it is going to be the fastest out of all the brands. I think I am going to wait a little bit before ordering because I want to at least see some benchmarks and know that the IQ is going to be good.
If I'm getting a 7900GTX, it will be this one, but I'm gonna order one asap once I find out how it fairs with the x1900xtx, which I can get an ATI one for $550, so at $625 the nvidia has to be at the very least neck n neck, seen as it is HDTV ready, I will swing towards the NVIDIA.

dR.Jester said:
$625!!!!

Rediculous!
It's expensive, but that's the superclock,you can get this
EVGA GeForce 7900 GTX EGS 512MB DDR3/PCI-E/HDTV-Out/Dual-DVI (Retail Box) $569.69
which is cheaper with a slightly slower clock speed.
If these cards fair well with the ATI I'll give NVIDIA my money seen as it's HDTV ready, if the ATI is ahead though, they will be getting my business.

Same thing here. I need to build a Small Form Factor computer soon. I need to use it for an event next Thursday so its going to be a bugger to pull off. I am going with either ATI or nVidia tomorrow with whoever is the fastest.

benamaster said:
Anyone think we'll see reviews at 3am?
Only 8 minutes will tell. Also I hope newegg will start listing these cards soon, and yeah a review is needed or a brief summary, as it's either the 7900gtx or the x1900xtx, and I need to get either bought asap.

All quiet on the western front. Still waiting to see some benchmarks or some official news from NVIDIA.

trek554 said:
that site says the 7900gt uses 1.4ns ddr3 modules. all the sites had been claiming that the 7900gt and 7900gtx would both use 1.2ns ddr3. atleast that helps justify the price difference between the gt and gtx assuming the 7900gtx will actually have the 1.2ns ddr3.

i asked this in another post but the 7800gtx 512 uses 1.1ns mem modules? :confused:

Still negative at newegg.com and no reliable sources on froogle. I guess we'll have to wait til morning.

Awww crap. I just bought one. I wanted to buy two right away, but the high prices and lack of.... any info at all made me hold off. I'll let you know how it is when (if, thanks monarch!) it gets here next week.

the 1gb version of the gtx 7900gtx was supposed to be launched in about 2 weeks with the 7600. but i see at least 1 7600 in those photos so maybe the 1gb part will released solo in a couple weeks.

Just wait until morning! Reasonable prices and benchmarks have to be literally hours away.

I'll just keep telling myself that until I fall asleep..

mr saturn said:
Just wait until morning! Reasonable prices and benchmarks have to be literally hours away.

I'll just keep telling myself that until I fall asleep..
My sleeping pattern is fcuked into oblivion anyway, so the sandman is about 6-7 hours away for me.

I'm gonna have some pizza and watch Donnie Brasco, when I'm done I'll be back to see if there are any developments.

I am waiting for the BFG version of the GTX.. Its too bad Monarch doesn't have them listed yet! :confused:

RDR RadoN said:
I am waiting for the BFG version of the GTX.. Its too bad Monarch doesn't have them listed yet! :confused:

I'm wondering if the BFG will be any different than the Evga (that I just bough. :D thats fun to say!) Its probably just the same card with BFG stickers instead of Evga. I switched from BFG to EVGA when I went from 6800gt to 7800gtx, I personally like Evga a bit better.

1024mb? Probably $799. I cant imagine anything getting a performance boost from 512 to 1024.

Back