pandora's box

Supreme [H]ardness
ncix79003aa.jpg

zipzoomfly79000zi.jpg

tigerdirect79002wt.jpg

newegg79004ca.jpg

OMFG SO EXCITED!

7900gt...$299...makes me horny :D

well, there doesnt seem to be a shortage of them ;)

WOW, hopefully in less then 24 hours we will see some benchies from a reliable sorce.

(Hardocp, AnAndTech, Tomshardware)

Already getting.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Need benchmarks. Not handfuls of benchies mostly synthetic, not pictures that boringly look like 7800 512's which could be predicted.... nothing else will do.

sculelos said:
WOW, hopefully in less then 24 hours we will see some benchies from a reliable sorce.

im hoping we see a review released at 12AM either EST or PST time.

Excited about what, a refresh product that will be marginally faster then current gen?
Yawn, wake me up when there is something to really get bent about.
Beside I bet what you see there is their intire stock. hahaha :D
We shall see soon I guess.

texuspete00 said:
Already getting.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Need benchmarks. Not handfuls of benchies mostly synthetic, not pictures that boringly look like 7800 512's which could be predicted.... nothing else will do.

DUDE, don't tell me you are getting a 7900, didn't you just buy a 1900XTX?
LOL you are a crazy junkie bro.
BTW how goes it. :)

JRT said:
Excited about what, a refresh product that will be marginally faster then current gen?
Yawn, wake me up when there is something to really get bent about.
Beside I bet what you see there is their intire stock. hahaha :D
We shall see soon I guess.
Lol yeah.

The real question that I'm curious about is whether or not the 7900GTX beats the X1900XTX. Aside from that, this launch isn't really going to be a thriller (it will probably turn out much like the X850 launch).

GVX said:
Lol yeah.

The real question that I'm curious about is whether or not the 7900GTX beats the X1900XTX. Aside from that, this launch isn't really going to be a thriller (it will probably turn out much like the X850 launch).

the whole point of the 7900s is for nVIDIA to get the performance crown back.

GVX said:
Lol yeah.

true true.
I hope they atleast match them in performance, the more competition the better.
But what really drives me nuts, is quad SLI.
What moron will buy this shit except the losers with no life with either too much money, or max out their plastic so they can have the coolest shit.
I highly doubt there will be CPU's for awhile that will push them anyways.
Beyond that it is a shitty trend for IHV's to get into making Multi-GPU products instead of making faster products.
If you are speed limited with current tech, then atleast make it Muilt-Core on a single die.

sculelos said:

:confused:

J-Mag said:

bwhahha, that made me start laughing really hard :p

The18thLetter said:
Yum. :)

C'monnn baby knock down the prices for 7800GT's!!! *dances*

with the 7900gt at $300?

how could you possibly stoop down to the 7800? we're talking 700mhz core babyyyyy :eek:

m3ta1head said:
bwhahha, that made me start laughing really hard :p

with the 7900gt at $300?

how could you possibly stoop down to the 7800? we're talking 700mhz core babyyyyy :eek:
?? The 7900's are $300?

WHAT?! :eek:

m3ta1head said:

True, but stuff doesn't always turn out as planned. Nvidia may have been aiming to beat the X1900XTX, but if the card didn't do well on its tape out then there isn't much that can be done (much like what happened to ATI and their R520).

I would personally rather see the card be evenly matched with the X1900XTX that neither company gets looked down upon for the next six months.

GVX said:
True, but stuff doesn't always turn out as planned. Nvidia may have been aiming to beat the X1900XTX, but if the card didn't do well on its tape out then there isn't much that can be done (much like what happened to ATI and their R520).

I would personally rather see the card be evenly matched with the X1900XTX that neither company gets looked down upon for the next six months.

Yeah, I agree.

I've got a friend interested in ordering tonight, he's considering either a pair of GT's or a single GTX.

I'm pushing him towards GT SLI, anyone else agree?

m3ta1head said:

Seems to me it's more like they're bring back the price/performance crown.

-wil

psychoace said:
All of those sites listed I havn't even heard of so since they are the only one's to be selling the card before anyone else I doubt those prices will be the cheapest

Exactly. Expect major retailers to stick to the respective $299/499 MSRP's.

Now all we need to find out is which card is the fastest. I think I might get the brown box eVGA with the ACS3 cooler hopefully and that it might be a single slot.

psychoace said:
All of those sites listed I havn't even heard of so since they are the only one's to be selling the card before anyone else I doubt those prices will be the cheapest

and out of stock or 2 day lead time.

true, but i wanna go to bed after i order 1 :)

r they gonna be up for sale tonight ?

spawn447 said:
true, but i wanna go to bed after i order 1 :)

r they gonna be up for sale tonight ?

I suspect they will, which is why I am up.

School tomorrow >.<

i hope eVGA gets the stuff up on their site so i can step uppppppppppppp!

Soooo many video cards, soooo little money :(

The pictures are great. I could do a stage dive into that first stack. Tomorrow should bring a lot of reading and benchmarks I hope.

I wanna do step-up but then I'd be w/o a graphics card for a week and a half... and I'd have to pay shipping :(
the cards look like they are gonna be pretty awesome though :)

Ok so say around 3am est and 12am pst, newegg for instance will be selling them do you reckon or will we have to wait for cebit? Also for me it's a simple toss up between the x1900xtx and the 7900gtx, which ever tends to be better, I will get.

Back