Hard launch of the 7900 series!

M.D.K. said:
I'm wondering if the BFG will be any different than the Evga (that I just bough. :D thats fun to say!) Its probably just the same card with BFG stickers instead of Evga. I switched from BFG to EVGA when I went from 6800gt to 7800gtx, I personally like Evga a bit better.

Yeah, they're all probably the same. But I like the green flame stickers on the BFG Cards, and since I run a Lian-Li V1100 with the inverted Mobo, I'd get to see if very clearly! :p

if your gpu can push a few pixels, it can support 1gb. there are 6200 and x1300 series cards out there with 512mb ram. not that they can use it.
this will seem like a little thing but does anyone know if you still need the sli bridge for these new cards? the guy who is buying my 2x7800gt's is getting mine and one wont be included with the 2 7900's that i am ordering. wondering if i should order one of them geezys too.

All I gotta say is, thank god for step-up.
biggrin.gif

vanilla_guerilla said:
if your gpu can push a few pixels, it can support 1gb. there are 6200 and x1300 series cards out there with 512mb ram. not that they can use it.
this will seem like a little thing but does anyone know if you still need the sli bridge for these new cards? the guy who is buying my 2x7800gt's is getting mine and one wont be included with the 2 7900's that i am ordering. wondering if i should order one of them geezys too.

If they were allowed to run without the bridge (I say if because I'm not sure) you would be losing a few GB/sec data transfer between the cards.... and that would be bad.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=30156

"BIOSTAR hgas become the first company to release the new range of Nvidia based graphics cards. It just announced Geforce 7900 GTX, Geforce 7900 GT and its 7600 GT designs.

The fastest card will be clocked at default 650MHz core and 1600MHz GDDR3 memory. IT has 512MB of-256 bit memory and comes with a the 2006 Fifa limited cup game plus overclocking software and bunch of cables of course. The card is branded as VP7903GX52 and it scores roughly 8600 in 3Dmark06.

Biostar's 7900 GT is clocked to 450MHz core and 1320MHz GDDR 3 memory. The company claims that it card supports 256MB of 256-bit memory. The card produces a score of roughly 8000 in 3Dmark05.

Last but not the least, is the Biostar 7600 GT card clocked at 560MHz core and 1400MHz memory. The card uses 256MB of 128-bit memory.

The cards should be available by the end of the month and we should see them at Cebit later today. µ"

We're expecting reviews of the 7600 today too, right?

This is weird. Availability without reviews rings one bell in my head, and that is inferiority.

I really hope this is not the case, as I am a proponent of progress, and generally indifferent as to where it comes from.

Come on Anand, XBit, and [H], prove me wrong.

They never release the reviews until Nvidia itself announce the cards as it is the Nvidia NDA they will be bound by and not that of the individual card manufacturers. It was exactly the same with the 7800's where people were recieving them before the NDA was up. I think there was one or two websites that published ahead of release but that was it.

They will announce it in a few hours, still only 11:30 here in sunny old Europe so cebit will only just be warming up.

The only odd thing I''ve heard is that a lot less people have recieved samples this time round. Whether that's just because its a refresh and not an update I don't know.

available at overclockers.co.uk....the xfx once are amazing +100mhz core, +200mhz on memory
f

Hmm anyone wanna buy my XFX 7800 gt? 500/1225 with nv silencer rev.3 and will also include stock cooler? full retail box, this is the black pcb version with black/green cooler. :D

This is great too, get my tax return Friday and the new cards come out...woot

Well, when AA, and AF are turned on, it looks like the X1900XTX, and 7900GTX are evenly matched! The 7900GTX still barely wins in all games except Half-Life2 & Battlefield 2, which is my main game. I have some decisions to be making..

Rash said:
Interesting read but We need benchmarks where the cpu isnt going to bottleneck the gpu!

They tested with an AMD 64 FX-57.. I wouldn't call that a bottleneck, but I do see your point. It would be nice to read a review in english, as well!

XFX GeForce 7900 GTX 512MB XXX Edition
700Mhz Core
1800Mhz Memory

F'ing Hell.

Iratus said:
XFX GeForce 7900 GTX 512MB XXX Edition
700Mhz Core
1800Mhz Memory

F'ing Hell.
thats only a 50 mhz core clock increase. but as far as the memory goes it is impressive but from what i hear all 7900gtx's use 1.1ns ram, so 1800mhz.

Hope so, if the benchies on these hold up I'll be ordering one today so if the normal gtx's will do 1800mhz as well all the better as it will save me £65 ($100).

If they don't all go that fast then I'll be just forced to get that one.

And I was supposed to be buying a TV this week :(

RDR RadoN said:

i have my heart set on that leadtek card for $529. question is do i purchase from newegg and get it tomorrow or wait a couple hours and see if best buy/compusa has gets it in stock. chance of the 7900gtx going out of stock at newegg. ugh! dunno what to do!

pandora's box said:
i have my heart set on that leadtek card for $529. question is do i purchase from newegg and get it tomorrow or wait a couple hours and see if best buy/compusa has gets it in stock. chance of the 7900gtx going out of stock at newegg. ugh! dunno what to do!

I am in the same situation.. Do I wait for more reviews, and benchmarks, and risk NewEgg going out of stock, or do I order, and risk getting another lemon Card, like I did with my EN7800GT Dual Card.. Arrrghh!!! *grabs wallet* :D

ATI here I come??? I am leaning heavily towards the x1900xtx.
Translated from
http://www.clubic.com/article-32655-1-nvidia-geforce-7900-gt-gtx-bonjour-g71.html

"The play in line Battlefield 2 seems to prefer Radeon X1900 as soon as the functions of filtering are on the way. Here Radeon X1900 XTX is up to 50 % faster than GeForce 7900 GTX in 1600x1200."
00262904.gif

"Charts NVIDIA have a problem of performances under FEAR when the functions of antialiasing are activated and this test does nothing but confirm it. Radeon X1900 takes the advantage thus, and this, rather clearly. NVIDIA however says to have improved of approximately 20 % the performances in antialiasing under FEAR with its pilots 84.17, those there even used for our tests. The result hardly seems convincing"
00262910.gif

beanman101283 said:
Limit of 1 per customer. :-(

Yeah that amused me.

The card is SLI compatible but the shop isn't.

I can understand not wanting to sell people 50 but two is a more sensible limit surely.

The EVGA SUPERCLOCKED has freaking ridiculous clocks. 690MHz core!! 1760 memory!!! :p GAMING HEAVEN.

Iratus said:
Yeah that amused me.

The card is SLI compatible but the shop isn't.

I can understand not wanting to sell people 50 but two is a more sensible limit surely.
considering you can sli with 2 different manufacturers as long as its the same card. sli is still possible.

These cards don't have VIVO, beyond knowing what it means "video in video out" will this have any bearing on the cards, seen as the ATI x1900xtx does? as I don't know much about VIVO.

I just ordered my BFG 7900GTX OC from NewEgg! I absolutely couldn't resist once I saw the Leadtek 7900GTX go OUT OF STOCK! What a feeling it is to know you have a new 7900GTX OC on the way!! *stuffs remains of melted Mastercard back in wallet*

14-143-047-03.JPG

Congrats to all on their new cards, but seriously wouldn't you guys want to research a bit before making such a costly decision? I'm covering all angles before making a choice. Better bought with a cool head than in the heat of the moment.

yeah just saw that leadtek go out of stock. placed an order for the cheaper leadtek card. got scared shitless when i saw that out of stock icon.

The Equalizer said:
Congrats to all on their new cards, but seriously wouldn't you guys want to research a bit before making such a costly decision? I'm covering all angles before making a choice. Better bought with a cool head than in the heat of the moment.

If you buy from NewEgg, you have 30 days to test it yourself, and do your own research.. If during that 30 days, you are unsatasfied, they will refund you in full. What do you have to lose?

Its a hell of a lot better than missing out, and then having to buy one off eBay for $1200.. :p

The Equalizer said:
These cards don't have VIVO, beyond knowing what it means "video in video out" will this have any bearing on the cards, seen as the ATI x1900xtx does? as I don't know much about VIVO.

There are only so many applications to having video in. Video out is nice because you can hook up a computer to a TV. But video in would be like hooking up a video capture device, DVD player etc. Guess if you somehow want to take video from the outside and put it in then you can.

THE POINT IS THESE NEW CARD HAVE THE HDCP CRYPTO CHIP SO I AM HAPPY. THAT IS WHY THE EVGA SAYS BUILT FOR WINDOWS VISTA.

RDR RadoN said:
If you buy from NewEgg, you have 30 days to test it yourself, and do your own research.. If during that 30 days, you are unsatasfied, they will refund you in full. What do you have to lose?

Its a hell of a lot better than missing out, and then watching them all go out of stock, and then having to buy one off eBay for $1200.. :p
http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/oid/147050/zip/44286/originURLEncoded/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.circuitcity.com%252Frpsm%252FcatOid%252F-13043%252FNs%252Fnet_price%257C1%252FN%252F20012961%252B20013011%252B20013043%252B313011004%252Flink%252Fref%252Frpem%252Fccd%252Fcategorylist.do/rpem/ccd/howToGetItTab.do

ARGH! i know if i order from newegg places like circuitcity and compusa will get it in stock and i could buy the card from them TODAY and get it TODAY at the same cost of buying from newegg with next day shipping.

RDR RadoN said:

Its a hell of a lot better than missing out, and then watching them all go out of stock, and then having to buy one off eBay for $1200.. :p
Well when I buy something I want to be as sure as possible it's what I expect, I wouldn't want to be a trialist for them and have the hassle of removing the card and having to mail it out. Also if they do go out of stock, then my decision will be made and I'll be getting an ATI x1900xtx, so for NVIDIA's sake, I hope they have plenty of stock.

pandora's box said:
http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/oid/147050/zip/44286/originURLEncoded/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.circuitcity.com%252Frpsm%252FcatOid%252F-13043%252FNs%252Fnet_price%257C1%252FN%252F20012961%252B20013011%252B20013043%252B313011004%252Flink%252Fref%252Frpem%252Fccd%252Fcategorylist.do/rpem/ccd/howToGetItTab.do

ARGH! i know if i order from newegg places like circuitcity and compusa will get it in stock and i could buy the card from them TODAY and get it TODAY at the same cost of buying from newegg with next day shipping.
Your zipcode wouldn't happen to be 44286 would it?

The Equalizer said:
Well when I buy something I want to be as sure as possible it's what I expect, I wouldn't want to be a trialist for them and have the hassle of removing the card and having to mail it out. Also if they do go out of stock, then my decision will be made and I'll be getting an ATI x1900xtx, so for NVIDIA's sake, I hope they have plenty of stock.
i can understand fully where this guy is coming from. we are talking about half a grand on video cards. probably best to wait for atleast 1 reliable review site to benchmark the card (guru3d hardocp anandtech rage3d)

and i also agree about the x1900xtx comment. if nvidia runs out of stock on these 7900gtx's then i'll buy a x1900xtx.

Back