Hard Drive Water Block? Any available and cheap?

noteworthy

Gawd
I'm looking to add a raptor hard drive and I thought about just adding a hard drive water block instead of a heatsink and fans to keep the 10,000 rpm sucker from blowing up.

What hard drive coolers are available? I kinda want something effective but real cheap :)

I'll have two hard drives to keep cool. A standard 7200 rpm WD and the new raptor.

I will have to mount it in my 5 1/4 bays since my heatercore took out my floppy bay storage.

I tried looking for HD blocks when i got into watercooling, I couldn't find any but the koolance blocks that us 1/4" tubing. You will have to make your own harddrive cooling block, or just put a fan blowing over them.

Replied to your PM on the subject.

Only other mass produced HD waterblocks I know of are produced by Innovatek.

Some Site selling them here -- but very not cheap, and the design blows on their newer ones.

On a sidenote, is Innovatek related to Aqua computer, because the design of one of their HDD coolers is an exact relica. :confused:

Thanks for the link

Those all seem to have the smaller barb size on the innovatek and koolance setup. I think they are both 1/4"ID But I am not certain. Also the blocks are aluminum. I guess custom is the only way to go on a hdd block. Or run adapters and restrict the flow to 1/4"ID on my 1/2"ID system and run aluminum in my loop which will increase the 'corrosion' factor. I run zerex in my loop but I don't feel comfortable running aluminum in the the loop as well.

Guess I'll have to add more fans. I use the have something called 'The ultimate hdd cooler' - A huge blue heatsink with three fans on the front. I wonder how that would par up. It wasn't too loud from what I can remember.

the raptors arent as hot as the 7K rpm ones. I have both and the raptor is much cooler.

AC and Innovatek are in no way related, other than geographically....

the AC blocks support 12mm barbs which work quite well and would allow more flexibility in a 1/2" system ;)

Back