Hard drive in the freezer. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmet

n00b
The good news: I laughed, to the top this thread goes for everyone to see for the rest of this week. Thanks for front page Steve!
The bad news: This is way off-topic to begin with, and the replies are even worse. You guys have had your fun, but I'm going to have to call an end to it. This thread is now closed.
- DL
Yup, the tried and true old clicking hard drive in the freezer trick that has served me well over the years, upon hearing a coworkers problem with a hard drive I offered up the old last resort trick as advice and sometime after that weekend this was the e-mail I received.

Well I tried out the “freeze the malfunctioning hard drive” trick and it didn’t seem to work out too well for me. My grandmother’s pc died and I attempted to recover some data by freezing the non functional hard drive but never had any success with it.

I even tried putting the hard drive in the pc as well as an external USB hard drive case.

I attached some pics of how I had things setup, take a look at them and see if I was doing this right.

Thanks,
- Ryan

1hd.jpg

2hd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back