Harbringer took a break

Patriot

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - March 2011/June 2013/De
I was convinced by some of my comrades to take harbringer to a lan party...

It took a bit of a rehash...
6970 and different hd with a windows install...more fun with only 1 sata port on the mobo...

we were not playing anything demanding so it was quite bored... I think I may have seen 10% at some point (serving and gaming) ... I mean 48cores at 3ghz... and actually since I knew it wasn't going to be stressed I may have bumped it to 3.2 :rolleyes: ...

but... Its back home safely ... which moving 65lb of machine downstairs here upstairs there and reversing that is not an easy thing... specially the reverse part... after gaming for 12hrs and having been up for 24hrs...

On the moving there I had 3 minions (I told them I wasn't bringing it without a spotter... got 3) back it was just me...

Harbringer is happy to be back running linux... and somehow I shaved a nigh a minute off my tpf...

hitting 14:40 tpf 6904 for a cute lil 770k ppd :D

Today I should finally get around to flashing my rams to lower spd with tears help and reduce that tpf some more...
and add a splash to my bios http://darkswarm.org/splash/h-1024d.bmp
tear is awesome...

Can't wait to see final numbers after all the tweaks!

Holy crap what chips are you running in that beast?

He's running 4x 12 core MC CPUs...... with an extremely healthy OC, and some super speedy ram.

what the hell series of ES chips did he get? That's some damn impressive numbers lol

I honestly don't think my chips are better than others... I just have a better cooling solution...

I actually have 2 different dodeca es pairs in there... 2x 1.7ghz and 2x 2ghz ...
I run considerably less voltage to the 2ghz ones and if I had 4 of those would probably be running at 3.2 or higher...
an ES on air generally tops out around 2.6-2.8ghz
R-type is blasting the air through his pair to get his 3.3ghz...

I ran my 1.7 pair at 3.4 on water and recon he could pass me if he got water as he has a pair of 2ghz es chips.

The 1.7s give me some nice vdroop on my board or I would push higher...

for some reason I was running 710-730k on 6904s before I took it gaming...
I had gotten tired of trying to figure out why it was running "slow"
from mine and others estimates based on clock speed it should have been running right around 750k ppd...

now its 764-772k ... im not gonna complain...

Back