Harbor freight 20% off anything this weekend

• Thread starter Deleted member 89137
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 89137

https://go.harborfreight.com/cpi/di...w4EppSJqL5o6be6vmeP0MKRt2eqg6N9UWuougD8WFN91c
Screenshot_20220702-101234.jpg

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but there's clearly a block of fine text underneath with the usual list of excluded brands and items.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but there's clearly a block of fine text underneath with the usual list of excluded brands and items.
yeah of course there's some exclusions:

*LIMIT 1 Coupon per customer per day. Not valid on prior purchases. Non-transferable. Original coupon must be presented.
Other restrictions may apply.
**Limit 1 usage per customer per day. Valid in-store only for existing and new Inside Track Club members. Save 25% on any single item purchased. Discount applied at register. Coupon cannot be used with any of the following: Inside Track Club memberships, Extended Service Plans, Open Box Items, Gift Cards, prior purchases, Atlas, Bauer, Central Machinery, CoverPro, Hercules, Predator, compressors, generators, jacks, miter saws, safes, storage cabinets, carts, chests, and welders. Coupon cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions. Offer valid on in-stock items only. Other restrictions may apply. Valid 7/1/22 through 7/4/22.

yeah of course there's some exclusions:
Right. Only mentioned it because "off anything" is misleading. If I remember right these 20% coupons were pretty common, unless they've stopped giving them out.

They actually sent me a 25% a month back or so that actually had NO exclusions. Now that was nice.

Sweeeet! Was planning on going there tomorrow! Thanks OP! 12V tire inflator and a case for my auto polisher. ;)

Yeah, wanting to get a cheap stick welder and of course excluded, not any particular brand just "welders", I wonder how low the profit margin on those are that they exclude them.

Good to see these promos are coming back - I feel like their promos got very exclusionary during COVID and I figured that would be the norm from here on out.

I was quite impressed with their tool boxes.
It's no SnapOn or MAC, but for a home shop it's more than adequate. I already have a 60" SnapOn roller cab, just needed a little more storage. Wasn't about to drop $1500 for a similar SnapOn box.

I will say that I was extremely impressed with HF's Icon boxes. I'd put them on par with my SnapOn. If I were getting in to wrenching professionally those would be at the top of my list.

It's no SnapOn or MAC, but for a home shop it's more than adequate. I already have a 60" SnapOn roller cab, just needed a little more storage. Wasn't about to drop $1500 for a similar SnapOn box.

I will say that I was extremely impressed with HF's Icon boxes. I'd put them on par with my SnapOn. If I were getting in to wrenching professionally those would be at the top of my list.

The Icon's were the one's I was referring to. Probably the most expensive item at the Freight.

The toolbox isn't a SnapOn or MAC, but their Super Duty 3 ton jack series is rumored to have been made by the same manufacturer as the suspiciously similar looking SnapOn part.

The toolbox isn't a SnapOn or MAC, but their Super Duty 3 ton jack series is rumored to have been made by the same manufacturer as the suspiciously similar looking SnapOn part.
Harbor freight jacks are the deal. I don't know any shops that don't use them.

The rule of thumb is dont use both a jack and jackstands from harbor freight.

Or just oversize your equipment. The 6 ton Daytona jackstands aren't that much more $$ than the 3 ton. Considering the purpose, I'd say its cheap insurance. :D

Harbor freight Daytona jacks are manufactured the same place as snap on. Snap on sued them for comparing them as equals and lost the case, because it was true. I have a 4 ton Daytona at work that the high pressure piston was sticking, so a common user would say it broke. But after I took it apart and lubed it, it’s fine.. I use a 3.5 ton low profile at my house. I have the new Daytona jack stands in 3 ton, but i also have 2 other full sets of older Torin 3 ton and a 6 ton set. I actually had a car fall on me ( bumper jack. I was stupid that day )

As a HF newbie, if the sticker price is $320, what should I expect to get it for?

I've been pleasantly surprised even with some of their bargain-bin stuff. The quality really seems to have a big range and it's not even necessarily by price- though it's typically a good indicator, with some exceptions- I've bought some one-off $1.50 screwdrivers that were better quality (grip-covered tip, magnetic I think even?) than some of their screwdriver sets. I've bought a pipe wrench, flashlight, inexpensive tool bag, magnetized screw holders, electronics repair/screwdriver sets, anti-fatigue mats, nitrile gloves, and a number of things and have been generally pleased with all of them.

I've also bought some things that were pretty trash quality (as expected, any of the cheapo "100 piece" hardware sets are pretty low-tier, but for very rare occasional household use, still work in a pinch, just don't expect lasting quality- though the hammer I got with one of those sets was actually okay- I knew going in it was probably a mistake but wanted to try a set for kicks). Overall I've had a good experience with the majority of their equipment- with the disclaimer that I haven't made any big-ticket purchases- from watching videos online it seems the bigger items (power tools, vacs, pressure sprayers, etc) are hit or miss- but there are some hits.

I picked this up from the last sale with 15% off coupon. I'm using it to cut down my 16mm acrylic tubing for my watercool PC builds and it works wonderfully. Very quick and clean cuts. I can't believe I was using a hand saw before I discovered this little thing.

Cut off saw.jpg

I've got the 73" ordered since a few weeks back, it's supposed to come end of October. I'll post some pictures of it when I get it but I was very impressed with them in store. I just hope it ships well.

I've got the 73" ordered since a few weeks back, it's supposed to come end of October. I'll post some pictures of it when I get it but I was very impressed with them in store. I just hope it ships well.
They come packaged quite well. That 73" one should come on a pallet as well. You'll need a pallet jack to move it around, it's not light.

They come packaged quite well. That 73" one should come on a pallet as well. You'll need a pallet jack to move it around, it's not light.
2 forklifts in my shop so that's not a problem. I managed to buy a pretty decent barn setup from my neighbor that went out of the farming business... but I still can't get him to get all his crap out of it, over 3 months since we closed.

Delivery is actually supposed to be today so I'll post some pics later. Too bad I don't have time to go shopping for tools to fill it up today.

2 forklifts in my shop so that's not a problem. I managed to buy a pretty decent barn setup from my neighbor that went out of the farming business... but I still can't get him to get all his crap out of it, over 3 months since we closed.

Delivery is actually supposed to be today so I'll post some pics later. Too bad I don't have time to go shopping for tools to fill it up today.
Seriously packed very well

Attachments

• PXL_20231011_165909496.jpg
    PXL_20231011_165909496.jpg
    718 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231011_170216663.jpg
    PXL_20231011_170216663.jpg
    532.9 KB · Views: 0

I'm not impressed by much at Harbor Freight but their boxes are pretty good for the money.

I had no issues with any of mine. I have 3 aluminum 3ton 'racing' jacks (From 2016, 2017 and 2023) and 4, 6 Ton jack stands. No issues with any of them.

Same goes with their 9500 inverter generator. no issues with it so far either.

I picked up the FORTRESS 26 Gallon 175PSI air compressor for light duty work, (sold my 60Gallon Husky for it) and it's been ok, though this one I don't really have much fate on.

I picked this up from the last sale with 15% off coupon. I'm using it to cut down my 16mm acrylic tubing for my watercool PC builds and it works wonderfully. Very quick and clean cuts. I can't believe I was using a hand saw before I discovered this little thing.

View attachment 603418
I've had one of these for a while. I use it to cut down 5.56 cases to 300blk length.

Back