Happy Memorial Day

[TQ]

Gawd
And thank you for all who have served

44047582.jpg

44047583.jpg

44047584.jpg

44047581.jpg

Awsome emotion provoking photos dude. I went to see the vietnam memorial a few years back and these pictures gave me the exact same feeling that I got when I visited it. That's the mark of a great pic.

Just a suggestion though. I would've bumped up the apeture a bit in the first two photos to combat that blurryness. Sometimes it's cool, but I don't think it works that well with those two particualr photos. With such sharp contrast and clarity of those black and whites, it kind of seems out of place to have that degree of out of focus. Ah well, just my .02.

Still, aside from that they're great!

This is actually a replica wall that is in my town of woodstock illinois, i dont know who actually owns it but the local VFW is responsible for it being in town. I think they had it up last year too.

Oh, holy crap. For a replica that sure fooled me. Now that I look harder though it is apparent it's a replica.

Is it still made out of marble like the original, or is it some sort of composite?

WakeboardrB said:
Oh, holy crap. For a replica that sure fooled me. Now that I look harder though it is apparent it's a replica.

Is it still made out of marble like the original, or is it some sort of composite?

No it's metal, still looks great and has every soldier on there.

Yes, a rememberance of all those that have given the supreme sacrifice.

I participated in our town's memorial day parade, was good to do something to make the veterns happy and to embrace the freedom we have.

You're welcome. :p

Cool pics. Speaking of which, anyone catch any of those "Operation: Homecoming" episodes on A&E? Good stuff, man. Check it out sometime.

royjr said:
You're welcome. :p

Cool pics. Speaking of which, anyone catch any of those "Operation: Homecoming" episodes on A&E? Good stuff, man. Check it out sometime.

Thanks for all those who have served...except royjr :D

J/K'ing of course :rolleyes:

hey, if there are any veterens out there, i'd just like to say--i'm a pacifist (except in extreme cases, i.e. i'd shoot Hitler if i had to), and i hate war and guns and a bunch of shit like that.

but.

i salute you. you've done something that took the most anyone can give. for that, i am proud to call myself your fellow citizen.

thanks.

Back