Happy Labor Day

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Have a safe and happy Labor Day!

1504551490039ibqv4ya_1_1.jpg

Haven't worked on a Monday in the past 25 years (just that kind of job) so Labor day just means it's a day I can't go to the store and shop in relative peace :D

Edit: Scratch that, when I've taught summer school I worked Mondays.

Hats off to those who must work today! Here's to hoping that everyone has a safe and enjoyable day:D

Wait, does this mean you Americans are not celebrating Labor Day on May 1st, like the rest of the world?

I had my fun being off yesterday, not about to throw six days of work this week in to only 5. I'll take it, because there should be no traffic on the road today. Thank god.

Happy Labor Day to all

I was blue collar racking and stacking servers for 7 years. Now I'm more on the white collar end of IT. So I guess I shouldn't feel too bad about chillin' today lol.

We get 8 free hours of vacation pay every holiday, no matter if we are operating or not (not today), and even if it's our regular day off. I always try to pick a Tuesday-Saturday shift since most holidays (and 80% of the OT availability ;)) are on Mondays. Free money!

Happy Labor Day! Remember to thank the labor movement and subsequent unions for all that we have and continue to fight for!

View attachment 101189

And they've given it all away by supporting politicians and criminals sending jobs/whole industries out of America. But they only blame one party for that instead of both and demonize anyone who dares contradict their supposed past glories from 80-100 years ago. But maybe I'm still just sour that various union groups got 2-3 year extensions on their cadillac health insurance plans under the Affordable Healthcare Act while those of use who were self-insured got hosed. Yay equality.

Proud union member, head shop steward, and lead contract writer/negotiator. We are better together!
Seems to me we’re currently in a race to the bottom these days. For years we’ve have the standard two breaks and a lunch at BP refinery even though the contract gave away breaks.

So fucking terrified of non union that when BP fed contractors the rumor that nonunion said they’ll work the contract to the letter and not have breaks....well race to the bottom, maintenance no longer has breaks just a single lunch.

And for some damn reason breaks/lunches still aren’t federally required. Similar at the state level. So I foresee losing that stuff as well. And it’ll be a worse fight the get them back.

And they've given it all away by supporting politicians and criminals sending jobs/whole industries out of America. But they only blame one party for that instead of both and demonize anyone who dares contradict their supposed past glories from 80-100 years ago. But maybe I'm still just sour that various union groups got 2-3 year extensions on their cadillac health insurance plans under the Affordable Healthcare Act while those of use who were self-insured got hosed. Yay equality.

What union groups have Cadillac insurance? Most I’ve talked to all have pretty shitty insurance that also costs quite a bit. I know mine isn’t cheap and doesn’t hardly cover a damn thing.

What union groups have Cadillac insurance? Most I’ve talked to all have pretty shitty insurance that also costs quite a bit. I know mine isn’t cheap and doesn’t hardly cover a damn thing.

Thats most people now. This has been an issue since the ACA was proposed and passed. Its hit many different unions, private and government. As well, some unions (and many non union companies) got exemptions for being required to have ACA/government approved insurance plans for an extra year or two compared to self-insured and other groups deemed not special enough for a hall pass to not switch at the mandated time. At the last minute, due to Obama and my state gov., I got to keep my non obamacare approved insurance plan for 2014 saving me $800/yr in premiums. 2015 I had to have an fed/state approved insurance plan.

Union labor side talking about the issue:

http://www.labornotes.org/2015/11/cadillac-tax-threat-looms-how-can-unions-respond

Forbes from two years before that:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapo...rms-their-gold-plated-health-insurance-plans/

And WAPO in 2015, on Congress passing law to delay taxes for those plans till 2020:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...e5-ad3f-991ce3374e23_story.html?noredirect=on

Forbes again:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/larryb...nt-as-other-self-insured-groups-get-scrooged/

Last edited:
Happy Labor Day to you too Kyle, and all on this forum. Its great to finally relax after a stressful last week.

I'm enjoying it by playing lots of video games. Haven't stopped since Friday.

NSFW / Not for the faint of heart? Delete me if too much. Always comes to mind on labor day though lel.

Happy labor day! Now get your asses back to work and provide me with my daily news.

I don't pay you to sit around on your ass for labor day. In fact, I don't pay you at all....

/sarcasm.... Please don't hit me :D

You want daily nooz?

Dragon Quest XI launches tomorrow. [H]ardforum doesn't care about cheeky turn based JRPGs

unofficial end of summer!...looks like one final heat wave in NYC this week

Happy Labor day everyone and the horse you rode in on. LOL

Back