Happy Days!

Well, finally took the plunge and updated my computers t0 2004 and, all is well! So far no issues hoorah!

Just in time for 20H2.

I'm finally upgrading my work PC, I more or less forgot about it since I WFH most of the time now.

I still haven't updated (still on 1909) because I plan on doing a new system build with Zen 3 so I don't feel like reformatting everything with my current system

I still haven't updated (still on 1909) because I plan on doing a new system build with Zen 3 so I don't feel like reformatting everything with my current system
I would do the exact same thing as well. :)

you don't have to reformat, I just like doing it with these major W10 releases

I reformat for all major updates on all platforms.
Ubuntu / Pop_OS
OSX
and Windows.

I don't have to for any, I just prefer it to prevent potential issues.

Having to reinstall everything from scratch is a potential issue to me but I digress...

We've been pushing all of the major releases, and haven't had an issue since 1809, or so. Many of my remote staff have been doing the update to 2004, and not one ticket has come in due to an upgrade issue.

Having to reinstall everything from scratch is a potential issue to me but I digress...

Its why I stick with LTS versions on production hardware. Windows and Mac, I don’t have much of a choice.

Back