Happy Birthday Twitter! Seven Years Changing the World

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Twitter has been news worthy of late for all manner of reasons, and now it’s time just to wish Twitter a Happy Birthday! It seems like Twitter has been around forever, but it has only been seven years since the company became a major player responsible for changing the face of Internet communications. Twitter now sports 200 Million users firing off 400 Million tweets a day. Imagine what Twitter could accomplish if it had really tried. :D

"The percentage of internet users who are on Twitter has doubled since November 2010, currently standing at 16 percent", according to Pew Internet. Eighteen to 29 year-olds (27 percent), African Americans (26 percent) and urbanites (20 percent) are most-likely to use the social network.

Much like Facebook, another Twitter reaches another year in allow people to let the entire world know about the inane details of their day to day lives that no one gives a shit about.

Happy b'day to a social networking site, where I never log in except some special occasion.

Much like Facebook, another Twitter reaches another year in allow people to let the entire world know about the inane details of their day to day lives that no one gives a shit about.

:LOL: Very funny.

Happy birthday. Thanks for making the world dumber one person at a time.

funny -- I've never used twitter -- not once, for anything.

I really don't see the point of it - it's just a pissing contest in terms of followers and spreading tidbits of useless information that does absolutely nothing to aid you in your personal life.

Do I care if Justin Beiber just took a dump? Nope

Hell I was around when Facebook required a .edu address -- and even I have to admit, it's getting boring, I just flat don't care what most other people are doing in their lives.

funny -- I've never used twitter -- not once, for anything.

I really don't see the point of it - it's just a pissing contest in terms of followers and spreading tidbits of useless information that does absolutely nothing to aid you in your personal life.

Do I care if Justin Beiber just took a dump? Nope

Hell I was around when Facebook required a .edu address -- and even I have to admit, it's getting boring, I just flat don't care what most other people are doing in their lives.

collegeboy has no friends? awww :p

really? 7 years? it seems more like 2-3.

atleast thats when it started getting big i suppose.

collegeboy has no friends? awww :p

oh i have friends -- just a few -- but they are the really really good kind.

I'd much rather have 4 trusted awesome best friends, than 40 half assed only talk to every 6 months type friends.

Wow. I'm surprised at the number of members on [H] that don't know how, or why, to use Twitter.

Yay lucky seven! Maybe if seven truly is a lucky number, twitter will cease to exist by the end of this year.

Useless Internet bloatware garbage.

All of my friends who use Twitter are like "Dude, trust me, Twitter is actually really useful -- you just don't know how to use it." But then all of their tweets are like "just ate a pizza #lol #nicecoolguys" and "tv is awesome #yolo #YOLO".

7 years already? :eek:

Didn't realize Twitter has been around that long

Back