Happy birthday, Geforce Now

Good luck playing Control or Cyberpunk on your old laptops,
Control sucks ass. That game is like a bad version of SCP with extremely repetitive game play. Cyberpunk probably won't work nor would I dare try.
but hey if you want to bring new life onto them, guess what you can try? :D :D
Don't bother? Gaming on laptops is kinda... terrible. If I have to I would but I would prefer a desktop PC. I'd have to bring a mouse because touchpads are bullshit for gaming.
The game library has over 800 titles so I'm pretty much covered, yeah, I miss blizzard, capcom and many others that went away, and I miss installing games that were not supported.
If you want to bring new life to Geforce Now, guess what you can try? Buy a PC. You buy a PC.
BTW I find it really funny that you keep recomending alternatives that will cost much more than the $50 subscription... :rolleyes::rolleyes: Anyway...
Limited time offer of $50 per year. That's been going on for a year now. I assume Nvidia was hoping the service would take off like a rocket 🚀🚀 but that obviously didn't happen. Like any other streaming service, once it gets popular then the price would obviously go up. Lucky for you the service isn't popular. :)
$300 dlls had been my top budget for years, unfortunately, its not enough anymore, specially if you want to play at least older games at 4k. IMO consoles pretty much killed that market.
You spent money on a laptop? I get mine for free. Usually broken and then I fix it, but free otherwise. Would explain why my laptops are old. I currently use a Lenovo X1 Carbon 3rd Gen.

And fyi, I haven't been kicked out of a gaming session ever, not during the beta, not since it went live, I didn't know they can do that.
If you're using the free Geforce Now then they can kick you if paid users are overwhelming their servers. If you haven't been kicked before the 1 hour is over then guess what? Nobody is using Geforce Now. Lucky for the free users! 🤑

They don't market it heavily because they make way more money when people buy graphics cards (despite some crazy conspiracy theorists saying the opposite).
Depends on the price of the GPU, but generally reoccurring revenue is very attractive to businesses. I think Nvidia makes like $50 net profit per GPU sold?

Control sucks ass. That game is like a bad version of SCP with extremely repetitive game play. Cyberpunk probably won't work nor would I dare try.

Don't bother? Gaming on laptops is kinda... terrible. If I have to I would but I would prefer a desktop PC. I'd have to bring a mouse because touchpads are bullshit for gaming.

If you want to bring new life to Geforce Now, guess what you can try? Buy a PC. You buy a PC.

Limited time offer of $50 per year. That's been going on for a year now. I assume Nvidia was hoping the service would take off like a rocket 🚀🚀 but that obviously didn't happen. Like any other streaming service, once it gets popular then the price would obviously go up. Lucky for you the service isn't popular. :)

You spent money on a laptop? I get mine for free. Usually broken and then I fix it, but free otherwise. Would explain why my laptops are old. I currently use a Lenovo X1 Carbon 3rd Gen.

If you're using the free Geforce Now then they can kick you if paid users are overwhelming their servers. If you haven't been kicked before the 1 hour is over then guess what? Nobody is using Geforce Now. Lucky for the free users! 🤑

Depends on the price of the GPU, but generally reoccurring revenue is very attractive to businesses. I think Nvidia makes like $50 net profit per GPU sold?

Control sucks? most game reviews beg to differ, but ok everyone has their tastes, I do like it. Cyberpunk runs pretty well on GFN, it looks great even without RT.

Weren't you the one who recommended getting a laptop or a switch?, now its terrible? I'm I missing something here?

Limited one time offer, well you got that one right. Thankfully I'm not paying for it and gotta say its worth every penny :p:p

Where did I say I bought a laptop? I also got mine free, go figure...

BTW I'm really curious about the kicking thing, is that for real? can't find anything about it. Maybe I should have read the terms and conditions.

Now just to be clear, because it seems you are not getting this part. I do plan on getting a RTX3070, so I can play Cyberpunk and Control on my PC.

Control sucks? most game reviews beg to differ, but ok everyone has their tastes, I do like it.
I've played the game and experienced it. Hated the gameplay and the ending sucked. There was no final boss. Game reviewers are generally idiots and listening to them makes you a bigger idiot. Ask yourself if you like the game, not the reviewers. BTW, control is a total rip off of the SCP foundation. You should look up SCP, as it's far more entertaining than Control is. It's not a game but a bunch of wiki stories.
Weren't you the one who recommended getting a laptop or a switch?, now its terrible? I'm I missing something here?
It's terrible compared to a desktop PC. If you're on the go and want to game then sure a laptop will suffice. They cost more than desktops while running hot and like I said touchpads suck. My laptops have too many games for me to play to worry about playing the latest titles. As weak as my laptop is I want to upgrade the SSD to put more games on it. With the direction gaming is going I really want to experience old games again, which kinda makes me question the need for more powerful PC's. I'm still playing Minecraft on my desktop PC and that game runs fine on anything.

We're so concerned about playing the latest titles in fear of FOMO that we forget that we have over 40 years of gaming history and games don't age. Once a good game is always a good game. To me Fallout New Vegas is better than Fallout 4 and every Fallout is better than Fallout 76. To be fair most games are better than Fallout 76. Doom Eternal feels like a true evolution of Doom but the original Doom is still really good, plus plenty of mods that brings new life to the original Doom.
BTW I'm really curious about the kicking thing, is that for real? can't find anything about it. Maybe I should have read the terms and conditions.
It's literally in their membership page. It's one of the perks of paying $25 for 6 months. What do you think "priority access" means?
Now just to be clear, because it seems you are not getting this part. I do plan on getting a RTX3070, so I can play Cyberpunk and Control on my PC.
Didn't you just say that these games worked fine on Geforce Now? Why bother with a graphics cards if Geforce Now is doing it for you?

I've played the game and experienced it. Hated the gameplay and the ending sucked. There was no final boss. Game reviewers are generally idiots and listening to them makes you a bigger idiot. Ask yourself if you like the game, not the reviewers. BTW, control is a total rip off of the SCP foundation. You should look up SCP, as it's far more entertaining than Control is. It's not a game but a bunch of wiki stories.

It's terrible compared to a desktop PC. If you're on the go and want to game then sure a laptop will suffice. They cost more than desktops while running hot and like I said touchpads suck. My laptops have too many games for me to play to worry about playing the latest titles. As weak as my laptop is I want to upgrade the SSD to put more games on it. With the direction gaming is going I really want to experience old games again, which kinda makes me question the need for more powerful PC's. I'm still playing Minecraft on my desktop PC and that game runs fine on anything.

We're so concerned about playing the latest titles in fear of FOMO that we forget that we have over 40 years of gaming history and games don't age. Once a good game is always a good game. To me Fallout New Vegas is better than Fallout 4 and every Fallout is better than Fallout 76. To be fair most games are better than Fallout 76. Doom Eternal feels like a true evolution of Doom but the original Doom is still really good, plus plenty of mods that brings new life to the original Doom.

It's literally in their membership page. It's one of the perks of paying $25 for 6 months. What do you think "priority access" means?

Didn't you just say that these games worked fine on Geforce Now? Why bother with a graphics cards if Geforce Now is doing it for you?
1613099613229.jpeg

Seriously, your rants read like this:

1613099676026.jpeg

GFN is a good service, a few friends of mine use it because various reasons (lack cash for a pc, on the move, want to try out games their systwm can't handle) it'll run CP2077 at 60fps 1080p with most of the Rtx bells and whistles. It also plays games from your library, its basically renting a gpu (yeah yeah, cloud latency etc). Sure its not good for the competitive twitch games, but frankly not everyone playes or likes those.

Stadia can die in a fire.

See, I can use funny memes too.
hqdefault.jpg
Seriously, your rants read like this:
I'm being technically correct, which is the best kind of correct. The entire business model of cloud gaming is extremely dependent on the notion that most gamers won't notice the input lag. Which I think they're full of themselves and anyone who thinks any amount of input lag is OK is a person who doesn't play video games. We're in the territory where 250ms is enough for anyone.
48c.jpg
GFN is a good service, a few friends of mine use it because various reasons (lack cash for a pc, on the move, want to try out games their systwm can't handle) it'll run CP2077 at 60fps 1080p with most of the Rtx bells and whistles. It also plays games from your library, its basically renting a gpu (yeah yeah, cloud latency etc). Sure its not good for the competitive twitch games, but frankly not everyone playes or likes those.
So is he paying for the service or using the free version because the free version has no RTX?

No its not, and no that's not what priority access means

From the page you posted.

PRIORITY ACCESS

Get priority access to our cloud gaming servers. No waiting for your games to start. Just jump in and play.

This has been fun, but really you are just making up stuff now, so this is my last reply to you, have a happy and productive life. And by all means give GFN a try, at least that way you'll have real reasons to hate it. :D :D :p:p

See, I can use funny memes too.
View attachment 328597

I'm being technically correct, which is the best kind of correct. The entire business model of cloud gaming is extremely dependent on the notion that most gamers won't notice the input lag. Which I think they're full of themselves and anyone who thinks any amount of input lag is OK is a person who doesn't play video games. We're in the territory where 250ms is enough for anyone.
View attachment 328598

So is he paying for the service or using the free version because the free version has no RTX?

Reeeeeeeeee.

Your being pedantic and whiny, who cares it works for people. Good bye.

Back