Happy birthday, Geforce Now

COTA

n00b
Today is the first year since GeforeNow went out of BETA

6 Million Members, 800+ Games​

(how many paying customers?)

Not bad I guess, I've been using it since the service was in early beta (circa 2016 IIRC), can't remember the name back then.

I started using it more often these days as I sold my GTX1070Ti to upgrade to a RTX3070 (if that ever happens...)

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2021/02/04/geforce-now-anniversary/

1612553007415.png

I don't use it at all. Never install it. Two reasons. One is I don't find any meaningful benefits over the base driver software. Two is the fact that you have to sign up with your email address for this crap. I'm quite tired of needing a bloody account for everything these days. It offers a driver update which I'm cool with. Why do I need an account to download the new driver? Forget this crap, I'll just do it myself off the website.

And just because I'm feeling cranky now, fortnite can lick my hairy sack.

I only used it to install bundled games with newer cards. Nothing more, nothing less. Then I uninstall it.

Whoops wrong program. lol.

Last edited:
I don't use it at all. Never install it. Two reasons. One is I don't find any meaningful benefits over the base driver software. Two is the fact that you have to sign up with your email address for this crap. I'm quite tired of needing a bloody account for everything these days. It offers a driver update which I'm cool with. Why do I need an account to download the new driver? Forget this crap, I'll just do it myself off the website.

LOL. You are talking about GeForce Experience.

He is talking about GeForce Now, a cloud gaming service.

Not the same thing, at all.

GeForce NOW and GeForce Experience are completely different things.

GFE is what comes bundled with Nvidia cards and offers a universal OSD, Shadowplay game recording, streaming, etc... Really great app and I use mostly all of its features.

GeForce NOW, the topic of this thread is their game streaming service.

so they made an alternative to those who cant get a GPU due to scalpers whom NVIDIA sold the GPU to...?

Geforce what now? Oh right, the dead cloud gaming platform. Also 1 year old? So we're not counting Nvidia's Grid which was created in 2008?
Yup, as recognized as the nvidia brand is in PC gaming, it not really well known as a streaming service. I've seen several gamestreaming articles/reviews where Geforcenow is not even mentioned.

Still, 6 million users is nothing to sneeze at, I don't think stadia nor Luna has more users, paid or free, and both seem to be much more well known in spite of being much newer.

GeForce Now, not GeForce Experience.

Yup, as recognized as the nvidia brand is in PC gaming, it not really well known as a streaming service. I've seen several gamestreaming articles/reviews where Geforcenow is not even mentioned.
That's because nobody is interested in a gaming service that has input lag. It's so forgotten that half the people here posting thought it was Geforce Experience. The service contradicts Nvidia as their new GPU's have a feature called “Ultra-Low Latency mode”. Especially now when people are exploring high refresh rate monitors and Nvidia is pushing for this. Who in their right mind thought cloud gaming was ever a good idea?

Still, 6 million users is nothing to sneeze at, I don't think stadia nor Luna has more users, paid or free, and both seem to be much more well known in spite of being much newer.
6 million users is not the same as 6 million active users. That means 6 million people have registered on Nvidia's Geforce Experience.. I mean Now. That doesn't mean there's 6 million active users. Good chance a lot of the people registering on that service are people who can't buy a graphics card. Cloud gaming is dead and let it stay dead.

That's because nobody is interested in a gaming service that has input lag. It's so forgotten that half the people here posting thought it was Geforce Experience. The service contradicts Nvidia as their new GPU's have a feature called “Ultra-Low Latency mode”. Especially now when people are exploring high refresh rate monitors and Nvidia is pushing for this. Who in their right mind thought cloud gaming was ever a good idea?

6 million users is not the same as 6 million active users. That means 6 million people have registered on Nvidia's Geforce Experience.. I mean Now. That doesn't mean there's 6 million active users. Good chance a lot of the people registering on that service are people who can't buy a graphics card. Cloud gaming is dead and let it stay dead.

You should give it a try, not that it will change your mind, but still...

gamestream is not for hardcore gamers, but its so much better than anything else in mobile gaming right now, also it serves a 2nd gaming rig for occasianal gaming (which I was using it for) or gaming on the go.

So I think it has a place.

That said, I think nvidia has the best business model (or least bad) since you can use your existing game library and the games you buy, you keep.

I think that GFN's user base sees the service as supplementary to their gaming, not a replacement for. Game streaming certainly has a place in the market, it's just not as a whole replacement to current local gaming as companies are trying to position it as. And I think GFN is a perfect product to fit in that market segment.

You should give it a try, not that it will change your mind, but still...
Why do you sound like a paid promotion?
gamestream is not for hardcore gamers, but its so much better than anything else in mobile gaming right now, also it serves a 2nd gaming rig for occasianal gaming (which I was using it for) or gaming on the go.

So I think it has a place.
Gamers don't typically think of themselves as hardcore or casual. Most just wanna play a game and be good at it. You want to play on the go then you get a Nintendo Switch. If you want to play PC games on the go then you get a laptop or whatever this thing is that Linus reviewed.

That said, I think nvidia has the best business model (or least bad) since you can use your existing game library and the games you buy, you keep.
Best of this terrible business model? Sure, but it's still much worse than playing on physical hardware. It's worse than using moonlight to play your PC and any game you install anywhere. Including mods and emulators that makes PC gaming unique. Also unlimited mobile data isn't cheap. I mean truly unlimited and not that throttled crap.

I think that GFN's user base sees the service as supplementary to their gaming, not a replacement for. Game streaming certainly has a place in the market, it's just not as a whole replacement to current local gaming as companies are trying to position it as. And I think GFN is a perfect product to fit in that market segment.
That's why this thread was made to celebrate 1 year? It isn't 1 year, or do you people forgot that Nvidia did have this service working but they required you to buy the game from them? That obviously didn't work, just ask Stadia, so they made it when you buy a game from them then you also get it on Steam. The service only worked on Nvidia hardware like the Shield devices. That also didn't work, so now you get to play the games you already own for $50 a year. Limited offer $50 a year. This project of Nvidia's has failed so many times that they had to reinvent it many times over.

Cloud gaming is dead and let it stay dead.

While I agree with you streaming is going to be the future that is forced on us. It is the best DRM and gives publishers the complete control over their content which they want. I hate it never plan on using it but I can see it being the only way to game in 10 to 20 years. Latency is more then good enough for most people and for most types of games.

While I agree with you streaming is going to be the future that is forced on us. It is the best DRM and gives publishers the complete control over their content which they want. I hate it never plan on using it but I can see it being the only way to game in 10 to 20 years.
So far Google's Stadia and Nvidia's Geforce Now have been the biggest push for cloud gaming and both have failed spectacularly. Keep in mind that Nvidia's cloud gaming service isn't 1 year old. It's more like 13 years old as this started with Nvidia's Grid back in 2008. The only way they can force you to use cloud gaming is if they take away games on other platforms. That isn't going to happen. The console market tried to destroy PC gaming and look how well that worked out.

Considering how crazy it is right now to get your hands on a RTX 3000 card or a RX 6000 card, as well as a PS5 or Xbox Series console, it's safe to say that cloud gaming has no future. Even old PS4's are now selling for $400 to $500. JoeSixPack could have gone to PS Now, Stadia, or Geforce Now but it's pretty clear they didn't.
Latency is more then good enough for most people and for most types of games.
I hear this a lot from the cloud promoters and I have my doubts. I can't stand the latency I get from my HTPC using wireless devices and my TV's latency, which just drives me up the wall compared to my gaming PC using a wired mouse and keyboard with a proper monitor. My brain has a flip out moment when trying to game on my HTPC setup. Even old 2D games are problematic on my wireless Xbox 360 controller compared to my wireless keyboard. It makes it harder to play a platformer with anything that has input lag.

I think you cloud gaming promoters believe that if people are willing to deal with 1080p over 4k and 30fps over 60fps then these same people would be ok with input lag. I foresee people on cloud gaming having a lot of broken gamepads as a result of rage quitting and blaming it on input lag. People have no problem with lower image quality but input lag is something that does directly effect gameplay. To the point where even you vegeta535 claim it should work on "most types of games".

So far Google's Stadia and Nvidia's Geforce Now have been the biggest push for cloud gaming and both have failed spectacularly. Keep in mind that Nvidia's cloud gaming service isn't 1 year old. It's more like 13 years old as this started with Nvidia's Grid back in 2008. The only way they can force you to use cloud gaming is if they take away games on other platforms. That isn't going to happen. The console market tried to destroy PC gaming and look how well that worked out.

Considering how crazy it is right now to get your hands on a RTX 3000 card or a RX 6000 card, as well as a PS5 or Xbox Series console, it's safe to say that cloud gaming has no future. Even old PS4's are now selling for $400 to $500. JoeSixPack could have gone to PS Now, Stadia, or Geforce Now but it's pretty clear they didn't.

I hear this a lot from the cloud promoters and I have my doubts. I can't stand the latency I get from my HTPC using wireless devices and my TV's latency, which just drives me up the wall compared to my gaming PC using a wired mouse and keyboard with a proper monitor. My brain has a flip out moment when trying to game on my HTPC setup. Even old 2D games are problematic on my wireless Xbox 360 controller compared to my wireless keyboard. It makes it harder to play a platformer with anything that has input lag.

I think you cloud gaming promoters believe that if people are willing to deal with 1080p over 4k and 30fps over 60fps then these same people would be ok with input lag. I foresee people on cloud gaming having a lot of broken gamepads as a result of rage quitting and blaming it on input lag. People have no problem with lower image quality but input lag is something that does directly effect gameplay. To the point where even you vegeta535 claim it should work on "most types of games".
You keep telling yourself that. It will be the future. All we will have at home is dumb terminals that log into a cloud service that we pay a monthly sub for every god damn thing. They have been buttering us up for a subscription based lifestyle. Companies don't want you to actually own anything. Each new generation gets dumber, lazier and easier to manipulate. Kids are not taught to think for themselves in schools nowadays. It is the future. I can only hope I am dead before it happens.

Reactions: Wat
like this
This business model will stay. a company loves subscription model a lot more because there is always a flow of income.

Hardcore gamers wont want it, but casual gamer will. Most of population is casual gamers anyways.

If cloud gaming becomes the future, then whatever. New games are a bore, and I'd rather go back and play FO2 for the 100th time rather than use cloud streaming.

So far Google's Stadia and Nvidia's Geforce Now have been the biggest push for cloud gaming and both have failed spectacularly.

Source?
I hear this a lot from the cloud promoters and I have my doubts.

So zero experience using these services. Got it.

The fact that you're not calling people "cloud gaming promoters" just helps my theory that you're on some type of holy war against something you don't use or have any experience with and it's quite baffling.

Google slowly backs away from Stadia as two studios close.
So zero experience using these services. Got it.

The fact that you're not calling people "cloud gaming promoters" just helps my theory that you're on some type of holy war against something you don't use or have any experience with and it's quite baffling.
Why do I need experience when I know there's input lag? It's not something gamers will tolerate. I hear the same excuse like, "but this is meant for casuals and as we know casuals are idiots". Or how about, "it's the future because I read it somewhere and therefore it must be true". Speed of light (or electricity) and router/switch hops aren't going away. You guys are kidding yourselves if you think this has any future.

Why do you sound like a paid promotion?

Gamers don't typically think of themselves as hardcore or casual. Most just wanna play a game and be good at it. You want to play on the go then you get a Nintendo Switch. If you want to play PC games on the go then you get a laptop or whatever this thing is that Linus reviewed.

Best of this terrible business model? Sure, but it's still much worse than playing on physical hardware. It's worse than using moonlight to play your PC and any game you install anywhere. Including mods and emulators that makes PC gaming unique. Also unlimited mobile data isn't cheap. I mean truly unlimited and not that throttled crap.

That's why this thread was made to celebrate 1 year? It isn't 1 year, or do you people forgot that Nvidia did have this service working but they required you to buy the game from them? That obviously didn't work, just ask Stadia, so they made it when you buy a game from them then you also get it on Steam. The service only worked on Nvidia hardware like the Shield devices. That also didn't work, so now you get to play the games you already own for $50 a year. Limited offer $50 a year. This project of Nvidia's has failed so many times that they had to reinvent it many times over.

Cloud gaming is dead and let it stay dead.

I never said it's better than dedicated hardware. I said it can be an option on several scenarios. and can supplement your current rig.

You don't like it and that's fine, more power to you. But your preference doesn't make it bad, nor mine makes it good. Again, its just a matter of personal preference.

Currently I don't have a gaming video card as I sold my GTX1070Ti, GeforceNow has helped to "ease the pain" The next best thing I have is a GT 630, not really a gaming option.

And the best part, its free, so even with the queue and time limit its worth every penny :D :D

Will I keep using it once I get my GTX3070? I don't hink so, maybe just ocasionally as before.

I never said it's better than dedicated hardware. I said it can be an option on several scenarios. and can supplement your current rig.
Nah, get a Switch or a laptop. You can't supplement physical hardware.
You don't like it and that's fine, more power to you. But your preference doesn't make it bad, nor mine makes it good. Again, its just a matter of personal preference.
Nope, I'm right. I can even prove it mathematically with c = λf. The only way cloud gaming works is if you're fine with input lag. An entire market is hoping that consumers are fine with input lag. Are they OK with input lag? Why are they OK with input lag? Why do we avoid the most important problem with cloud gaming?
Currently I don't have a gaming video card as I sold my GTX1070Ti, GeforceNow has helped to "ease the pain" The next best thing I have is a GT 630, not really a gaming option.
That was a mistake. Why did you sell a GTX1070TI?
And the best part, its free, so even with the queue and time limit its worth every penny :D :D
I can't wait to get kicked off once every hour while gaming.
Will I keep using it once I get my GTX3070? I don't hink so, maybe just ocasionally as before.
My suggestion is to buy a used RX 480/580 and game on that because you ain't getting a RTX3070. Not for MSRP for at least another year or maybe two. RX 480's are "reasonably" priced if you're willing to buy it from someone who used it to farm crypto, which I believe that 1/3 of people who signed up to Geforce Now probably attempted. That GT 630 is not going to run modern emulators or mods very well, but then again neither would Geforce Now.

Nope, I'm right. I can even prove it mathematically with c = λf. The only way cloud gaming works is if you're fine with input lag. An entire market is hoping that consumers are fine with input lag. Are they OK with input lag? Why are they OK with input lag? Why do we avoid the most important problem with cloud gaming?

Have you seen some of the utter garbage TVs people play games on? Let's be real here, most people probably don't care about lag all that much.

Google slowly backs away from Stadia as two studios close.

Why do I need experience when I know there's input lag? It's not something gamers will tolerate. I hear the same excuse like, "but this is meant for casuals and as we know casuals are idiots". Or how about, "it's the future because I read it somewhere and therefore it must be true". Speed of light (or electricity) and router/switch hops aren't going away. You guys are kidding yourselves if you think this has any future.

I don't understand what Stadia's failure has to do with GeForce Now. It is a typical walled off garden while GFN is the opposite of that. The failure of one has nothing to do with the other.

It's funny when you get a 3090 they give you a free year of GFN. When you have the fastest gaming GPU available you're not going to use it for cloud gaming.

Cloud gaming really is the future of gaming, but it's not going to replace PC gaming, it's going to replace console gaming.

Console plebs have their shitty TVs that add 100 ms of input lag themselves, and play games at 30 fps that often have 100 ms of input lag added on top of that so they won't notice the lag.

Their games almost never render at native resolution and they often have their settings configured wrong and their console isn't even outputting to the TV's native resolution, and the TV will have all sorts of processing distorting the image and sometimes even overscan or something stupid turned on. They won't notice the compression from streaming.

The console gamers that would care or notice are in the minority and will be forced to deal with it or get pushed to PC gaming.
t's going to happen eventually and probably kill consoles, or at least change them.
Next gen consoles will have cloud models kind of like how they have models without the disc drives now they'll have super weak models with even lower end GPUs. Eventually that will be the standard model and they may even phase out the models that actually render games. And eventually you won't even need a physical console, Smart TVs will have the Playstation or Xbox app.

I won't lie, but...I've honestly never heard of it until this thread
I thought it was about GFE which I fucking hate

And even though I can't get my new GPU because of world reasons, I still wouldn't use a cloud gaming service.
I'll play Snake on my Nokia 3210i thanks very much

:D

Played around with GFN a lot back in beta and it was significantly more responsive than Stadia (its predictive input ruined gameplay for me) and leagues better than the ancient OnLive service. I have several hours of Kingdom Come Deliverance on it, just from testing the service. IMO, it's a real contender when it comes down to building another purpose built gaming rig for my casual gamer wife (Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm) versus utilizing something like this service on a cheap little PC with an iGPU, for example. So I set her up on GFN in a blind test and she actually noticed a bit of the compression artifacts and some input lag. When asked if she can feasibly game on it going forward, she said she could but she likes her PC better.. then flipped the script on me suggesting that I use GFN instead and stop upgrading my PC. :ROFLMAO:

Have you seen some of the utter garbage TVs people play games on? Let's be real here, most people probably don't care about lag all that much.
This is the sorta thing that angers me in that very few people understand latency. One of the benefits of having a networking degree in that you understand how networks work. Majority of people think that the solution to input lag in cloud gaming is more bandwidth. That's not how you solve latency. You solve latency by moving the hardware closer to you. Console systems already give two shits about latency because most TV's are terrible and those bluetooth controllers are adding to latency. Key word here is "ADD" because one source of latency doesn't override another source, but is instead cumulative. One of the benefits of growing up in the 80's and 90's is that CRT TV's have the lowest latency possible, but modern LCD TV's have notable latency. So much so that TV's have a game mode to try and reduce this as much as possible. This is probably why PC gaming has thrived and why consoles like the Xbox are dead because consumers noticed the difference. Running games at 60fps does reduce input lag. Running games on a LCD monitor is better than most modern TV's. Using a wired keyboard and mouse is noticeably better than using a Dualshock 4 or 5. PC gaming is thriving because consumers are noticing a difference.

Probably the worst setup for huge input lag is WiFi+wireless gamepad+Cheap Walmart TV+cloud gaming. Cloud gaming doesn't override all the other latency occurring in the system, it's adding to it.

I don't understand what Stadia's failure has to do with GeForce Now. It is a typical walled off garden while GFN is the opposite of that. The failure of one has nothing to do with the other.
It shows that nobody is interested in cloud gaming in general. Even Nvidia's Geforce Now one year :rolleyes: birthday is a desperate attempt to get people onto their service. We know Geforce Now is not 1 year old. Maybe this iteration of it is, but the service has changed multiple times because each time it failed. Geforce Now is better than Stadia, but it was like Stadia before as it required you to purchase games from them originally. Now it doesn't but now it assumes you have a gaming PC, because who else buys games from Steam and Epic but PC gamers? If you have a gaming PC then why would you use Geforce Now?

Sony has the right idea in that it charges you $60 per year but it acts like the Netflix of cloud gaming in that it does offer you a large library of unique games you can't get anyplace else. There's a lot of conflict of interest here since PS Now offers PS2 and PS3 games where the PS4 and PS5 doesn't. Which is odd since my PC has no problem playing PS2 and PS3 games. Not that Nvidia also doesn't have a conflict of interest since the GTX 1060 is still the #1 used GPU on Steam, and nothing is going to replace it anytime soon. But Geforce Now charges you $50 per year and you need to bring your own games, while Stadia requires you to buy them from their store, and you still need to pay $10 per month for 4k. Despite Sony offering the best deal with PS Now, the service hasn't expanded beyond 2 million registered users. Cloud Gaming is something the industry has tried for over 10 years and it can't scratch the market.

Cloud gaming really is the future of gaming, but it's not going to replace PC gaming, it's going to replace console gaming.
-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.png
Console plebs have their shitty TVs that add 100 ms of input lag themselves, and play games at 30 fps that often have 100 ms of input lag added on top of that so they won't notice the lag.
Who's going to notice 230ms of latency? That's like nearly 1/4 of a second of input lag. We assuming consoles gamers have the downs or something? Imagine cloud gaming on Tesla's StarLink. That would be the ultimate terrible input lag.

This is the sorta thing that angers me in that very few people understand latency. One of the benefits of having a networking degree in that you understand how networks work. Majority of people think that the solution to input lag in cloud gaming is more bandwidth. That's not how you solve latency. You solve latency by moving the hardware closer to you. Console systems already give two shits about latency because most TV's are terrible and those bluetooth controllers are adding to latency. Key word here is "ADD" because one source of latency doesn't override another source, but is instead cumulative. One of the benefits of growing up in the 80's and 90's is that CRT TV's have the lowest latency possible, but modern LCD TV's have notable latency. So much so that TV's have a game mode to try and reduce this as much as possible. This is probably why PC gaming has thrived and why consoles like the Xbox are dead because consumers noticed the difference. Running games at 60fps does reduce input lag. Running games on a LCD monitor is better than most modern TV's. Using a wired keyboard and mouse is noticeably better than using a Dualshock 4 or 5. PC gaming is thriving because consumers are noticing a difference.

Probably the worst setup for huge input lag is WiFi+wireless gamepad+Cheap Walmart TV+cloud gaming. Cloud gaming doesn't override all the other latency occurring in the system, it's adding to it.

It shows that nobody is interested in cloud gaming in general. Even Nvidia's Geforce Now one year :rolleyes: birthday is a desperate attempt to get people onto their service. We know Geforce Now is not 1 year old. Maybe this iteration of it is, but the service has changed multiple times because each time it failed. Geforce Now is better than Stadia, but it was like Stadia before as it required you to purchase games from them originally. Now it doesn't but now it assumes you have a gaming PC, because who else buys games from Steam and Epic but PC gamers? If you have a gaming PC then why would you use Geforce Now?

Sony has the right idea in that it charges you $60 per year but it acts like the Netflix of cloud gaming in that it does offer you a large library of unique games you can't get anyplace else. There's a lot of conflict of interest here since PS Now offers PS2 and PS3 games where the PS4 and PS5 doesn't. Which is odd since my PC has no problem playing PS2 and PS3 games. Not that Nvidia also doesn't have a conflict of interest since the GTX 1060 is still the #1 used GPU on Steam, and nothing is going to replace it anytime soon. But Geforce Now charges you $50 per year and you need to bring your own games, while Stadia requires you to buy them from their store, and you still need to pay $10 per month for 4k. Despite Sony offering the best deal with PS Now, the service hasn't expanded beyond 2 million registered users. Cloud Gaming is something the industry has tried for over 10 years and it can't scratch the market.

View attachment 327932

Who's going to notice 230ms of latency? That's like nearly 1/4 of a second of input lag. We assuming consoles gamers have the downs or something? Imagine cloud gaming on Tesla's StarLink. That would be the ultimate terrible input lag.

Yes, that is the reality of the average console gamer experience. It's painful for me to play on their setups, but they're used to it and just think that's what gaming is like. The games are actually designed for that crap. It's why you don't have fast paced shooters like Quake 3 Arena and Unreal Tournament, instead the movement is much slower and they have tons of auto-aim.

Nah, get a Switch or a laptop. You can't supplement physical hardware.

That was a mistake. Why did you sell a GTX1070TI?

I can't wait to get kicked off once every hour while gaming.

My suggestion is to buy a used RX 480/580 and game on that because you ain't getting a RTX3070. Not for MSRP for at least another year or maybe two. RX 480's are "reasonably" priced if you're willing to buy it from someone who used it to farm crypto, which I believe that 1/3 of people who signed up to Geforce Now probably attempted. That GT 630 is not going to run modern emulators or mods very well, but then again neither would Geforce Now.

Why would I get a switch? How I'm I supposed to play my current PC gaming library on it?
I do game on an old laptop, wanna guess what I use to play on it? I'll give you a hint. It ends with NOW.
I sold my GTX1070Ti because I got a little over $400 which is more that what I paid for it 3 years ago. I figured it could mostly cover for a RTX3060Ti or 3070. Again tnx to geforcenow, I don't feel the rush to get one at scalper price, so I can wait. My kid isn't so happy about it, but I told him from the start that was the deal.

BTW I don't have a problem with the 1hr limit (I don't love the time reminders, but hey, its free), and its a great way to take my kid off from the PC, now he basically has 2 or 3 gaming sessions a day.

GeForce NOW and GeForce Experience are completely different things.

GFE is what comes bundled with Nvidia cards and offers a universal OSD, Shadowplay game recording, streaming, etc... Really great app and I use mostly all of its features.

GeForce NOW, the topic of this thread is their game streaming service.

I think a lot of people are confused by the difference judging by the comments here.

Why would I get a switch? How I'm I supposed to play my current PC gaming library on it?
I did say "OR" laptop. I mostly use my Switch for homebrew and play Switch games on PC. I get better graphics that way.
I do game on an old laptop, wanna guess what I use to play on it? I'll give you a hint. It ends with NOW.
I have old laptops as well but I can still play games on them. Fallout New Vegas, Dead Space, and other older titles runs fine. Also, you do know not every game is allowed on Geforce Now?
I sold my GTX1070Ti because I got a little over $400 which is more that what I paid for it 3 years ago. I figured it could mostly cover for a RTX3060Ti or 3070. Again tnx to geforcenow, I don't feel the rush to get one at scalper price, so I can wait. My kid isn't so happy about it, but I told him from the start that was the deal.
Makes sense but there's a reason why finding a cheap graphics card is hard to do today. Nobody wants cloud gaming. Otherwise the Geforce Now service would be overflowing right about now. Also who do you think is responsible for this lack of affordable graphic cards? You don't think Nvidia has an incentive to ignore the sub $300 market?
v8U7BdU.png
BTW I don't have a problem with the 1hr limit (I don't love the time reminders, but hey, its free), and its a great way to take my kid off from the PC, now he basically has 2 or 3 gaming sessions a day.
That would be like Windows restarting to apply updates every hour. That would drive me up the wall. You do know that Nvidia can kick you off anytime they want if demand surges? How many times have you been kicked off before the 1 hour mark?

I did say "OR" laptop. I mostly use my Switch for homebrew and play Switch games on PC. I get better graphics that way.

I have old laptops as well but I can still play games on them. Fallout New Vegas, Dead Space, and other older titles runs fine. Also, you do know not every game is allowed on Geforce Now?

Makes sense but there's a reason why finding a cheap graphics card is hard to do today. Nobody wants cloud gaming. Otherwise the Geforce Now service would be overflowing right about now. Also who do you think is responsible for this lack of affordable graphic cards? You don't think Nvidia has an incentive to ignore the sub $300 market?
View attachment 328219

That would be like Windows restarting to apply updates every hour. That would drive me up the wall. You do know that Nvidia can kick you off anytime they want if demand surges? How many times have you been kicked off before the 1 hour mark?
Good luck playing Control or Cyberpunk on your old laptops, but hey if you want to bring new life onto them, guess what you can try? :D :D
The game library has over 800 titles so I'm pretty much covered, yeah, I miss blizzard, capcom and many others that went away, and I miss installing games that were not supported.

BTW I find it really funny that you keep recomending alternatives that will cost much more than the $50 subscription... :rolleyes::rolleyes: Anyway...

$300 dlls had been my top budget for years, unfortunately, its not enough anymore, specially if you want to play at least older games at 4k. IMO consoles pretty much killed that market.

I don't think nvidia is doing a good job promoting the thing; as I mentioned before, GeforceNow is relatively unknown after all these years, not even on the gaming community. Still, it has 6 million users.

And fyi, I haven't been kicked out of a gaming session ever, not during the beta, not since it went live, I didn't know they can do that.

Good luck playing Control or Cyberpunk on your old laptops, but hey if you want to bring new life onto them, guess what you can try? :D :D
The game library has over 800 titles so I'm pretty much covered, yeah, I miss blizzard, capcom and many others that went away, and I miss installing games that were not supported.

BTW I find it really funny that you keep recomending alternatives that will cost much more than the $50 subscription... :rolleyes::rolleyes: Anyway...

$300 dlls had been my top budget for years, unfortunately, its not enough anymore, specially if you want to play at least older games at 4k. IMO consoles pretty much killed that market.

I don't think nvidia is doing a good job promoting the thing; as I mentioned before, GeforceNow is relatively unknown after all these years, not even on the gaming community. Still, it has 6 million users.

And fyi, I haven't been kicked out of a gaming session ever, not during the beta, not since it went live, I didn't know they can do that.

They don't market it heavily because they make way more money when people buy graphics cards (despite some crazy conspiracy theorists saying the opposite). GFN only costs $5 per month, there's a free trial, someone can cancel their subscription whenever they want. It's not a ton of money to be made compared to someone paying $300+ for a graphics card which they'll be upgrading long before they would have paid anywhere close to that for their GFN subscription.
It's potentially losing them money if it stops people from buying their graphics cards, but if someone else makes a cloud service and people use that instead of buying graphics cards then they just get no money. So they have to be careful about it.
There's also the fact that it just doesn't work well for a lot of people because they don't have a good enough connection for it.

Back