Hannspree HF-289HJB or Samsung T260HD?

Arkanian

[H]ard|Gawd
So I need to buy a new monitor tomorrow. I was leaning towards the Hannspree but when I went into BB the other day the Samsung in my opinion looked sharper and had deeper colors. Of course the Hannspree's contrast and brightness was set to 100 so that is probably why it looked washed out and I have been told that you need to really calibrate it in order to get it to look good.

Does anyone have any experiences with these 2 monitors?

I have the T260HD and have no complaints. Some people were complaining about input lag, but I'm using the DVI port and don't notice any. Then again, I don't know what it would look like so it looks fine to me. The main difference between the two you mention is that the Samsung has a built-in digital TV tuner. It's great for watching the free local HD channels. Sound quality is decent but not great. But I'm assuming you will be using it mainly as a computer monitor and with your own speakers/headphones.

Overall, I would definitely recommend it. IMO, the digital tuner alone is worth the price premium over the Hannspree/HannsG.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that I have my PS3 hooked up over HDMI and it looks great. Since it has 1:1 pixel mapping it shows the correct aspect ratio without stretching. The only thing about it was I had to tweak the picture settings since it looked kinda grainy. I didn't have to adjust the DVI input at all though.

I just bought the Hannspree. I will hook it up tonight. What is funny is I come home and I had a 12% coupon in the mail. Hopefully they can refund the purchase and re ring it up with the coupon.

Back