HannsG HG-281DPB 28" Widescreen LCD Monitor $329.99 @ Costco (1900x1200)

ironforge

[H]ard|Gawd
Copied description from a previous post. Price has dropped from $369 to $329. I purchased the monitor from costco about 2 weeks ago and it has been running great. Only negative is the viewing angle but it's not that bad when you look straight at it.

Link

Newegg Reviews

Recommended Resolution 1920 x 1200
Viewing Angle 160°(H) / 160°(V)
Pixel Pitch 0.309mm
Display Colors 16.7 Million
Brightness 500 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio 800:1
Response Time 3ms
Panel Active Matrix, TFT LCD
Display Type WUXGA
Connectivity
Input Video Compatibility Analog RGB, Digital
Connectors D-Sub, HDMI
D-Sub 1
DVI No
HDMI 1

I can't figure out what'll drop your IQ faster, reading newegg's reviews or reading costco's reviews :p

Great price for a jumbo monitor.

Must resist as well, I'm waiting for 32's to hit this price point but thanks for the heads up, I'll pass this along to a buddy who needs one.

Damn I want a second monitor so bad, but I need to upgrade my video card first *sigh* gotta pass this up,

Maybe it's just me, but mine has TERRIBLE backlight bleed. I've used many LCD monitors, and this one bleeds the worst.

I've been using mine for about a year now. I love it. Yes, it's not the best LCD and the world and does have backlight bleed, but for the price, it's AWESOME.

I can't figure out what'll drop your IQ faster, reading newegg's reviews or reading costco's reviews :p

I dunno, but if you read YouTube comments too much all of the people on Newegg and Costco start to sound like geniuses.

Copied description from a previous post. Price has dropped from $369 to $329. I purchased the monitor from costco about 2 weeks ago and it has been running great. Only negative is the viewing angle but it's not that bad when you look straight at it.

Link

Newegg Reviews

Recommended Resolution 1920 x 1200
Viewing Angle 160°(H) / 160°(V)
Pixel Pitch 0.309mm
Display Colors 16.7 Million
Brightness 500 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio 800:1
Response Time 3ms
Panel Active Matrix, TFT LCD
Display Type WUXGA
Connectivity
Input Video Compatibility Analog RGB, Digital
Connectors D-Sub, HDMI
D-Sub 1
DVI No
HDMI 1

So this monitor has DVI or it doesn't? Newegg says it doesn't... costco says it does. Unless I'm reading it wrong...

ive wanted one of these for a long time, think its finally time to get rid of this sceptre 24 inch

I'm going to pick one up because if I don't like it, you can't beat Costco's return policy, so there is really zero risk in trying it out.

Lame, my Costco doesn't even carry the Hanns models.

Mine either, have to order online. Can't even have them send it to the store for pick-up. :mad:
So not only do you have to pay tax, but $20 shipping also... hmm. Tough decision.

Mine either, have to order online. Can't even have them send it to the store for pick-up. :mad:
So not only do you have to pay tax, but $20 shipping also... hmm. Tough decision.

Still beats all previous prices when one factors in Costco's customer service.

Still beats all previous prices when one factors in Costco's customer service.

Good point. They even will refund the shipping costs. If I need to buy a monitor, I get it from Costco.

How does the screen quality of this HannsG compare to the Viewsonic 24" they have? I bought the 24" for my father and compared it to my 3-yr old Viewsonic 22". There was very negligible PQ difference.

i bought one from the egg for like 375. Have ZERO complaints, its worth 4-500. I came from a 22"LG and a 17" samsung. This beats both.

Yes, this is an online only deal I believe.

fantastic display, i got one for Xmas and never looking back to anything smaller ever.

Not a bad deal.. but eww 16:10

Whats wrong with 16:10? Isn't that the standard widescreen ratio?
If I wanted 1080 I'd buy a TV.
I'm still trying to decide whether to get this or not. I definately want a 26" or larger display with 1920x1200 res. I'm just skeptical of the craftsmanship of the display and the picture quality, all the other specs are fine by me.

I've had mine since December of 07 and I love it. No complaints here and I paid $600ish for mine.

I read a couple reviews saying that the size of the monitor was too big for the resolution and it caused "blurriness" due to the stretching.

I wondered this myself since most 24" use the same resolution, and the 30" are usually a higher one.

for sure.... you are stretching 1920x1200 over more space so you're going to see some pixelation.. I am very used to my 37" westy now while in windows... 1920x1080, so even less res with considerably larger panel... it looked kind of bad for windows at first for sure, but you get used to it... I think for your money this is a steal of a deal... if I hadn't just spent 400 on my cat I would be getting one..

Back