Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5'' - $239.99

Okay I have this monitor with another Hanns G (model numbers listed).

For the price you can't beat it! The stand is a little flimzy, it was much better on the older model. Picture quality is absolutely fine.

I've had this one for just over a year and it is still going strong. I have gamed with it very little. Most of the work I do on it is for BIM modeling. Autocad and Navisworks.

I'm quite happy with the setup.

Here the model numbers of my monitors.

Hanns-G HG-281DJB
Hanns-G HZ281HPB

I'd rather have had 2 of HG-281DJBs just because it seems like a better constructed monitor. However they seem to have discontinued it. Image quality is pretty much the same.

Very nice! I have the HF257 and it rocks. I would definitely get another of their monitors even though I was skeptical when buying this one seeing as how I was unfamiliar with the name. I'm knocking on wood here, but still no dead pixels and I haven't had any problems with the stand. I am very glad, though, that the board is not in the stand like it was on my last Acer monitor...took one spilled cup one drunken night and the next morning I was at Best Buy :(

Nice considering it is actually 16:10!

I think that it a bit much for this display. I had one and it isn't bad. It has a very fast response time and it is a big display. I also had next to no backlight bleed. For me the worst downside was the banding and black levels. In dark areas in some games it can be a bit difficult to see due to the poor color reproduction in darker scenes. Another issue of this display is the obvious color shift top to bottom. One other gripe was the pixel density, it makes the image not as sharp.

If you really want a big TN panel I would wait for a good sale on the 27" Planar that people seen to rave about. Unlike Hanns-g/spree, I-inc I don't think that planar knowingly lets displays with dead or stuck pixels slip through. Stuck pixels are very common with Hanns-g, my 28" i-inc had one.

I've had one for 3 years now and it's still going strong. I paid about $500 for mine back then. If it dies I'll get another one. Wish they would make a 30" model........

I never had a problem out of the 3 Hann-g/Spree monitors I bought.... this one regularly comes in as Open Box too for 121.99 as well :)

I have had 4 of these, they are a really excellent value.

If you really want a big TN panel I would wait for a good sale on the 27" Planar that people seen to rave about. Unlike Hanns-g/spree, I-inc I don't think that planar knowingly lets displays with dead or stuck pixels slip through. Stuck pixels are very common with Hanns-g, my 28" i-inc had one.

1 dead pixel on a 1920x1200 LCD? Seriously? None of mine had any, but seriously 1 dead pixel is not bad at all. Newegg wont even let you return anything with less than 5

1 dead pixel on a 1920x1200 LCD? Seriously? None of mine had any, but seriously 1 dead pixel is not bad at all. Newegg wont even let you return anything with less than 5

Not that bad but not that good either. Just one more thing to add to the list. You can get a better quality display for $250 these days. Thats getting near 120hz display territory.

I have had 4 of these, they are a really excellent value.

And that's why I won't buy monitors from anyone but amazon. They'll take them back, no questions asked. I had 1 dead pixel right in the middle of my new 27" Sammy, and it drove me crazy. Amazon cross-shipped me a new one overnight, and paid shipping both ways.

And that's why I won't buy monitors from anyone but amazon. They'll take them back, no questions asked. I had 1 dead pixel right in the middle of my new 27" Sammy, and it drove me crazy. Amazon cross-shipped me a new one overnight, and paid shipping both ways.

Yeah, Amazon's customer service is amazing.

Back