Hanging on Lite-ON

Just wondering has anyone experienced system hanging when loading cds with Lite-On drives. I have the 48x combo drive and the 851 and for some reason every now and then when I put a disc in my computer hangs. Jumpers and everything set correctly, it's in DMA mode. I haven't updated to new firmware, but I don't believe that is the issue. I hear that these drives use a lot of power and when my combo drive burns it eats up like 40-50% of the cpu, which is not cool.

Any one got any suggestions or experience with this problem

I've got 2 Lite-Ons in 2of my machines, 8x DVD+-RW and 16x DVD, and the other machine has a 52x Reader and a 52x32x52 CD-RW. Never had either machine hang when loading a disc.

My Liteon LTD163D and LDW-451S give me no problems at all, they are on the same ide channel running DMA.

So use the one's that are specified for the HDDs? Cause I thought those were the ones labeled 80pin. The 40 pin ones are the ones that are labeled Cd drive(that came with my mobo). hmmm maybe I'm gonna give Lite-On a call about this.

This LDW 851S is the one that causes the hanging and only when a dvd is inserted or sometimes when I insert a cd or dvd into the combo drive right after.

My bad. I meant 80 conductor and not 80 pin.. they all have 40 connectors(pins). Yeah, the HDD specified ones, give it a shot.

Back