Hands-free Driving is Coming to all Cadillac Models

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
GM doesn't want to be outdone by Tesla so it's getting ready to put their own version of Autopilot in 2020 Cadillac models. They call their version Super Cruise, but it has a key difference and it's the fact that it only works on expressways. Also, it won't back your car out of the garage or change lanes using turn signals. Further, in the years following 2020 we're going to see this feature on other GM brands. They have a couple of years to get his right and hopefully they won't have some of the issues that Tesla is having with Autopilot. As far as I'm concerned this is the way it's going to be done in the future so we might as well get used to these kinds of features. I like it.

When active, Super Cruise controls the steering and speed, but again, only on an expressway. This is done through on board sensors and using GPS and mapping data. GM employed Ushr, Inc, a startup in GM Venture’s portfolio, to map 160,000 miles of expressways in the U.S. and Canada. The car company then used Super Cruise-equipped vehicles to test each mile.

Once autonomous driving is here and proven safe, lots of people will be having lots of sex on their daily commutes. Gotta find something to do while being driven around.

Don't like it. Don't care for it. Not going to have it.

I enjoy driving.
I would like to have it, cause if you drive for 3 hours to get someplace it does get tiring to constantly be holding your foot and holding the wheel. But what I'd like to see is this feature going beyond super cruise control, in that I'd like it to have driver assist so that it can be used to avoid an accident. Like if the car looks like it's about to hit something the "driver assist" can help turn the car to safety, or even stop the car to prevent a collision. This would be great for people falling asleep at the wheel, or drunk drivers.

GM doesn't want to be outdone by Tesla so it's getting ready to put their own version of Autopilot in 2020 Cadillac models. They call their version Super Cruise, but it has a key difference and it's the fact that it only works on expressways. Also, it won't back your car out of the garage or change lanes using turn signals. Further, in the years following 2020 we're going to see this feature on other GM brands. They have a couple of years to get his right and hopefully they won't have some of the issues that Tesla is having with Autopilot. As far as I'm concerned this is the way it's going to be done in the future so we might as well get used to these kinds of features. I like it.

When active, Super Cruise controls the steering and speed, but again, only on an expressway. This is done through on board sensors and using GPS and mapping data. GM employed Ushr, Inc, a startup in GM Venture’s portfolio, to map 160,000 miles of expressways in the U.S. and Canada. The car company then used Super Cruise-equipped vehicles to test each mile.

No the key difference is that it's HANDS FREE... like a real autopilot.

TSLA is just marketing hype

I would like to have it, cause if you drive for 3 hours to get someplace it does get tiring to constantly be holding your foot and holding the wheel. But what I'd like to see is this feature going beyond super cruise control, in that I'd like it to have driver assist so that it can be used to avoid an accident. Like if the car looks like it's about to hit something the "driver assist" can help turn the car to safety, or even stop the car to prevent a collision. This would be great for people falling asleep at the wheel, or drunk drivers.

It won't avoid obstacles, swerving and such (yet), but it does stop to prevent collisions. It also works in stop and go traffic.

I much prefer their labeling of it. Super Cruise Control.... calling something autopilot is just being deceptive, imo... no matter what the real meaning is, the perceived meaning by the masses is different, and therefore misleading. IMO of course.

I can't understand why we didn't start with an ambulance or hearse.

If you can't drive your own car get off the road.....don't need machines with bad AI killing people....

Back