Handbrake - Change Setting Defaults?

TheGeekFreek

Supreme [H]ardness
Im in the process of converting my 1600 DVDs to digital and I have found Handbrake to be the best, fastest, and easiest to use out of everything Ive tried.. Im using it on both a PC and a MAC..

When the program is first opened on PC, any settings that you change will remain changed until the program is closed, and when reopened, you have to put the settings back.. However on the Apple, all the settings default after each new DVD is inserted, so im constantly redoing the settings..

Its getting irritating since every now and then I forget to go back an change the settings again and end up having to redo a few movies..

Does anyone know a way to reset the defaults to how I want all my movies ripped? I went thru the normal settings/preferences and there is not really a whole lot you can change.. Im not a stranger to .ini editing on PC, but I could not find a similar file for PC, and have no idea what to look for on the Mac since I am so new to the file system.. I am aware that I can make a custom preset, but it still does not default to it.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible to do an how?

You have to make a new preset and then set that new preset as the default.

Back