Halp, colors are way off.

Doodlehed

Limp Gawd
I have a problem where my whites looking off. Near white #dfdfdf looks pink and a little darker starts to look purple.

I've always used nvidia cards and they used to have an easy setup you could go though but now i'm using a 6870 and the control panel just seems like crap. I can't find an easy way of fixing my color and something has locked my monitors auto tune so I can't do that to fix it. Just getting super frustrated.

I tried playing with the gamma, contrast and whatever. Just didn't have any success with that.

I searched for a desktop color correction app but apparently that's not a thing.

I'm including a screen shot of my photoshop workspace and example colors that look stupid on my monitor. Maybe it's not my monitor and something else is off. Any insight or suggestion would help.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn6/wangtastic81/pinkcrap.jpg
On the screen shot the top part of my project looks pink. The dark box looks a bit purpleish. The other box is white white ffffff.

I opened the screenshot up in photoshop and its further out of wack. It SHOULD be the same color if i load it back up and export it a dozen times. Scratching my head, wtf.

Do you have drivers installed for your monitor?

In the past, installing drivers for my dell would add some terrible color profiles that messed up colors in Photoshop and Illustrator. Those two programs also have settings for color profiles etc.

Might wanna check that out.

edit: these can be called "ICC profile"s

Forget adjusting your monitor just by looking at it. If you really want to calibrate it, then buy a dedicated calibrator. I've been using a Datacolor Spyder for as along as I can remember, and I've been very happy with it. X-Rite is another good brand worth looking into.

I got it fixed. Apparently it had something to do with the beta drivers i was using. I dont know how that crept up on me. I installed those a week ago and i didnt notice until now. I had to work with something that was greyscale to notice it.

Back