Halo2 + xbox360 = lockups

Carbon_Le

[H]ard|Gawd
I be getting lockups playing halo2 on 360. It d/l the emulator for halo2 already. but i been getting lockups in single and multiplayer mode. Its in a cool area so i dont think heat is the issue. Is there anyone else getting this or is it just me?

Strange. Mine's never given me any issues before. I completed the single player game and have played multiplayer a little (not a ton...I suck with analog aiming) with no issues.

Domingo said:
Strange. Mine's never given me any issues before. I completed the single player game and have played multiplayer a little (not a ton...I suck with analog aiming) with no issues.

Its happen twice since i had it. I guess it isnt that bad...but its annoying when im in the middle of sumthing.

The only lockups I've had with Halo 2 and my 360 was on the very first level. Perhaps it's your disc?

Carbon_Le said:
I be getting lockups playing halo2 on 360. It d/l the emulator for halo2 already. but i been getting lockups in single and multiplayer mode. Its in a cool area so i dont think heat is the issue. Is there anyone else getting this or is it just me?

I honestly havn't had a single lockup playing Halo 2 on my 360. The only problem I had was seeing artifacts on the screen on some level towards the latter part of the game, but it went away as soon as I went indoors.

junehhan said:
I honestly havn't had a single lockup playing Halo 2 on my 360. The only problem I had was seeing artifacts on the screen on some level towards the latter part of the game, but it went away as soon as I went indoors.

Actually, I forgot about that. I got those occasionally, too. It looked like a random burned-in image on an old monitor, only it went away if you'd reload a level or just wait a while.

Domingo said:
Actually, I forgot about that. I got those occasionally, too. It looked like a random burned-in image on an old monitor, only it went away if you'd reload a level or just wait a while.
i got that too. i also had a couple of hard locks where i had to restart my system, and i had one problem where i lost about 2 hours worth of checkpoints for some unknown reason. if you thought the repetitive levels sucked, try reloading an old save and try to figure out which way you're supposed to be going. "i've been here before...no wait...this is the right way...no wait..."

I've noticed some slowdown playing Halo 2, especially when playing 4-player splitscreen over Xbox Live, but I've never had it freeze up on me.

You say the console is in a cool area. What do you mean by that? Where exactly is it located? Is it laying vertically or horizontally? Could there possibly be something blocking the consoles fans, causing it to overheat?

Also, have you noticed problems with any other games? Any other lock-ups or massive amounts of slowdown? The more we know, the more we should be able to help. :)

I read about someone having slowdown and lockups in Halo 2 on another forum I frequent. He didn't figure out how to fix it.

zero002021 said:
I've noticed some slowdown playing Halo 2, especially when playing 4-player splitscreen over Xbox Live, but I've never had it freeze up on me.

Same here. I get some slowdowns as well...but if any of you guys play forza motorsports? That is some kind of joke...it has slowdowns through out the entire game. Its ridiculous.

Carbon_Le said:
Same here. I get some slowdowns as well...but if any of you guys play forza motorsports? That is some kind of joke...it has slowdowns through out the entire game. Its ridiculous.

Be patient, the emulator will be fixed one day, if it's at all possible :)
I bet a lot of people regret selling their XBoxes, though.

If you want the epitome of slowdown in backwards-compatible games, look no further than Ninja Gaiden Black. In tunnels or closed areas it runs great...but in an open level it can crawl to single digit framerates...and for 10-15 seconds at a time. The game looks GREAT (almost as good as a native 360 game), but the slowdowns are horrendous.
I completed the game, but besides the game being hard to begin with, the slowdown makes it that much tougher.

Back