HALO2 street date BROKEN!!!!! (ticket scan)

NEODARK

Gawd
A bud of mine (Sothpaw) over at XGplanet.com posted this receipt of HALO2 (you can print this and take it to your local retailer as proof of the broken release date)

Halo2Receipt.jpg

As you know if "some retailer" breaks release date, everyone else can start selling the game before the official date NOV9th (whoever breaks the release gets a big fine though)

It seems Wall-Mart was the retailer to do so and my lucky bud is playing his RETAIL copy alredy. So this is a heads up for you peeps, you can try and start calling around your area and see if they will sell you the game (since most stores have that policy mentioned avobe, and will sell it early if you show proof)

hey, it doesn't hurt, does it? :p :D

PS: Aparently the Wal-Mart that sold it early has pulled Halo2 off the shelves, but the damage is already done and release date has been broken, good luck if you want this game early :)

Time to make a few calls :)

$70 for Halo 2 though, you might've found a better place to buy from :p

Looks like Donnie Crowell's ass is going to be in a sling! :p

My EB says they don't know anything about it. Hopefully MS will step up and release it early.

Someone called the store where it was sold, its reported that they pulled Halo2 off the shelves, however the damage is done and the "street date" is broken. If the other retailers go by their policy, they should sell the game, so we will see. Post here if you have any luck and where you get it from :cool:

i just called my wal*mart (norcal) here and they said they dont have it yet. and i told them, some wal*mart sell this game already.. they said, they still dont have it. :(

Nevermind, they just said it was fake... checl XBLR

I automatically assumed it was REAL because it was coming from a pretty good source..

I never believe stuff like this, but damn I totally believed this and trusted it cause it was coming directly from a good source, but I guess you can never really tell, this is not cool, not cool, sorry if I had your hopes up...

neo

You think that after waiting through countless delays you'd have enough patience to last out another week....sheesh some people.

DemonDiablo said:
You think that after waiting through countless delays you'd have enough patience to last out another week....sheesh some people.

idk if that was intended to me, but ya i do have alot of patience and this is not the only game that i will be playing. There's EQ2 and FFXI to fill in for that week. and you think i cant wait for that long? it wouldve been nice if i can get the game early 'cuz it would be the best time for me so i can have benefits to play the game while i'm on vacation.. Thank you.

Betauser said:
idk if that was intended to me, but ya i do have alot of patience and this is not the only game that i will be playing. There's EQ2 and FFXI to fill in for that week. and you think i cant wait for that long? it wouldve been nice if i can get the game early 'cuz it would be the best time for me so i can have benefits to play the game while i'm on vacation.. Thank you.

LOL easy goes it pal LOL

No I wasnt directing it towards you or anyone else on this thread. To be honest I was just f'ing around. I could careless if all of you want to drive around your states to try and get Halo2 a few days early for bragging rights...by all means do whatever makes you happy :D I on the other hand have learned a very high level of patience with Half Life 2 being delayed for over yr. Star Craft: Ghost...lets not get started there. Doom 3 about a yr wait on that to...and oh Halo 2...what thats a yr delay also. Software is going the same way of pc hardware...paper launching. And then the media wonders why theres leaks and pirating :rolleyes:

although with this story i know have a way where i will most likely be playing 3 days early :)

That's true too, most people at the counter can't tell the difference between a real and a fake receipt when it's scanned from the internet :p

My better side says to wait though.

my friends getting it tomorrow and im going over to his house to play it :D some guy he knows that works at a store is just gonna sell it to him.

does it matter

me "hello (insert local store here) do u have halo 2 shipment? oh you do? but it doesn't come out till the 9th? well i've recieved info that wal-mart has put the games out on the shelfs therefore breaking the release date which means it is alright for the rest of the market to release it. oh your shipment is coming in the 7th? i'll grab it then :D

Circuitbreaker8 said:
This has been confirmed to be fake..

i thought so, that scan looked alittle to perfect, if it was put in a wallet or back i would not be that straight, and walmart at the top is not centered over the managers name.

Uhmmm HELLO people!

Forget Halo2....did anyone else see the bottom of the reciept? I can order my checks through Wal-Mart!

Can I get a w00t!

Seriously though, it comes out in a week......deal with it.

:rolleyes:

MrWoot said:
does it matter

me "hello (insert local store here) do u have halo 2 shipment? oh you do? but it doesn't come out till the 9th? well i've recieved info that wal-mart has put the games out on the shelfs therefore breaking the release date which means it is alright for the rest of the market to release it. oh your shipment is coming in the 7th? i'll grab it then :D

Yea keep on telling yourself that thats gonna work :rolleyes:

well, me and the manager of one of the local stores can keep telling me that, since i got off the phone with him earlier today. Why don't you take the time, call each store thats gonna have it, and use my template shown above? i've gotten pretty much every single major game thats come out days before the release date using that, and besides... how cool would it be to have one of the first retail copies in the country? of course its no big deal but i think its cool to think about it :)

:rolleyes:

1. Halo 2 hasn't been shipped yet.
2. Even if one retailer breaks the street date, no other store can "retaliate" and do it too. They will also get fined, etc, by MS.

NIGHTMARE2 said:
2. Even if one retailer breaks the street date, no other store can "retaliate" and do it too. They will also get fined, etc, by MS.

I'm pretty sure once a retailer breaks it, that the others can aswell, but the first store will get fined.

The reason is because if the other stores don't, then taht first store would sell a lot more for "x" time since they are the only ones selling it early.

Basically it's like a race.

If the horse breaks out the gate first, gets fined, but can still win. It's better for the other horses to break out as soon as the other does rather then to wait and wait , even though the first horse can still "win" so to speak.

NIGHTMARE2 said:

Actually it has been shipped to some retailers. I am surprised many dont already have it.

Stiler said:
I'm pretty sure once a retailer breaks it, that the others can aswell, but the first store will get fined.

The reason is because if the other stores don't, then taht first store would sell a lot more for "x" time since they are the only ones selling it early.

Basically it's like a race.

If the horse breaks out the gate first, gets fined, but can still win. It's better for the other horses to break out as soon as the other does rather then to wait and wait , even though the first horse can still "win" so to speak.

Okay, when I worked retail, the policy was:

1. If someone shows up with a receipt showing a local store breaking street date, we'd call the district manager.

2. He would okay our district to start selling the product.

3. We didn't get fined, if we had his okay.

The street dates keep it fair for all stores in an area. If some store in Nebraska breaks street date, it's not like a reasonable person is going to drive from here to there to pick up the game. So, no threat to area retailers, and no early release.

This probably isn't everyone's policy, but that's how it worked for me. Of course, I worked in a bookstore, so street date merchandise wasn't that big - a few items every week.

it's a $10,000 fine for breaking the release date.

I work at Game Rush, if anyone sells Halo 2 before midnight on November 8th, then as I understand it, Blockbuster Video/Game Rush will see who sold the game and pin the $10,000 on them.

Ouch.

They aren't playing around.

lpnakira said:
Most Distys have this game in stock they just cannot ship it yet...

We're getting it on Friday at Game Rush. It hurts to know that it will be there...so close...yet so far away :p

That's the Walmart I stop at whenever I'm on my way to or from Edmonton. Wish I had an Xbox. hah.

NIGHTMARE2 said:

You're wrong. A fellow UPSer had a box break open on the belt yesterday, and it contained Halo2 goodness.

Filet MP said:
You're wrong. A fellow UPSer had a box break open on the belt yesterday, and it contained Halo2 goodness.

I think he means that they havent been recieved at the retail stores yet

Filet MP said:

And they ask what Brown can do for me.. I think it's pretty obvious what Brown can do for me in this case!

That guy's just showing that the game came into the store, not that the street date's broken.

drewb99 said:
That guy's just showing that the game came into the store, not that the street date's broken.

Yea for all I know thats just some promo box or something

Ricedaddy said:
it's a $10,000 fine for breaking the release date.

I work at Game Rush, if anyone sells Halo 2 before midnight on November 8th, then as I understand it, Blockbuster Video/Game Rush will see who sold the game and pin the $10,000 on them.

Ouch.

They aren't playing around.

I was over at EB last evening. The Xbox/Microsoft rep was there and told us that it's $100,000 per (Halo 2) game and $10,000 per (Halo 2) strategy guide sold before the street date. Microsoft also has the rights to pull that companies rights to sell Xbox games.

Why is Halo 2 $70?

And on a side note I saw a commercial for Halo 2 and I must say it looks pretty good. But I need to play Halo 1 to actually understand it.

Back