Halo Wars: Definitive Edition is Coming to Steam

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition is coming to Steam on April 20, 2017. This edition of the game will contain all of the campaigns from the original game and the DLC. This version touts improved graphics, new achievements and online multiplayer. Of course there is one huge caveat; Windows Store players and Steam players are blocked from playing with each other. Then again if there is a Steam version of the game, who is going to going to buy the Windows Store version? Did anyone accidentally purchase that CoD game that was on the Windows Store?

Recommended System Requirements

• Preocessor: Intel Core i5 or Equivalent
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 560, 650, 750 AMD HD 5850, 6870, 7790
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 12 GB available space

Was kinda excited until I learned this was a RTS game from 2009. Oh and Halo Wars 2 is coming this year, to rub more salt on the wound.

Was kinda excited until I learned this was a RTS game from 2009. Oh and Halo Wars 2 is coming this year, to rub more salt on the wound.

Halo Wars 2 is out. I got the Halo Wars: Definitive Edition with Halo Wars 2. Bought it through... Gasp... The Windows Store. No complaints.

The flexibility to play on PC or Xbox is a reason why you would buy a new game from The Windows Store.

EDIT: Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition (Halo Wars: Definitive Edition + Halo Wars 2) is $51.99 on The Windows Store right now.

So how does this compare to Halo? I never owned or even played one game on Xbox nor do I plan on it. PC gamer for life. Fuck the rest!

I remember when halo 2 came out as a Vista exclusive for no reason other than it had to have Vista. Thats when most were on Windows xp. This looks to do the same from those specs, why can't it run on 7? Is it only avalible through the windows store?

Halo Wars: Definitive Edition is coming to Steam on April 20, 2017. This edition of the game will contain all of the campaigns from the original game and the DLC. This version touts improved graphics, new achievements and online multiplayer. Of course there is one huge caveat; Windows Store players and Steam players are blocked from playing with each other. Then again if there is a Steam version of the game, who is going to going to buy the Windows Store version? Did anyone accidentally purchase that CoD game that was on the Windows Store?

Recommended System Requirements

• Preocessor: Intel Core i5 or Equivalent
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 560, 650, 750 AMD HD 5850, 6870, 7790
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 12 GB available space

The Windows Store version allows you to play with your friends on Xbox, or if you have an Xbox One you can play the game on either device since it is a Play Anywhere title. I know for most [H] readers those features are not a big deal, but as someone who's friends all play on console, it is a pretty great program.

The Windows Store version allows you to play with your friends on Xbox, or if you have an Xbox One you can play the game on either device since it is a Play Anywhere title. I know for most [H] readers those features are not a big deal, but as someone who's friends all play on console, it is a pretty great program.

I agree. Personally, I won't touch the Windows Store, (for quite a few reasons that I won't get into here) but I do in fact see that as valuable for people playing multiplayer with their non-PC-using friends. That's a definitely upside in that regard.

There are a few games I have actually bought on Windows Store just because they aren't available via Steam. Gears of War Ultimate Edition, Killer Instinct Definitive Edition, and Minecraft Windows 10 Edition I picked up on the Windows Store during the spring sale they had. Honestly, while they run fine, I'm not a fan of some of the restrictions in place for games on Windows store and if I have the option, I go steam.

Also I kinda wonder what Microsoft is thinking with bringing some of the weaker Halo titles to PC, like Halo Wars and the two mobile Halo games. Why not just port Master Chief Collection?

Never mind windows store. What's a console?

you know, that box that sits under your tv built with hardware released 2 years before that box is sold to consumers and plays video games with resolutions from 1995 and sometimes can play movies.

worst part after writing that sentence i just realized i basically explained apple products in a nutshell.. i guess they're one in the same.

Hmm... Windows Store... The command "Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove-AppxPackage" comes to mind;)

See? Thats how you talk with your money.

I loved HW in my now disposed 360 and was hoping for a pc release, but i refused to buy it on their store.

Now they have this option and i will get it that way.

Was kinda excited until I learned this was a RTS game from 2009.
It's a hell of of a lot more than Microsoft has typically thrown PC gamers in the past 15 years or so. I'm happy for better late than never. Would love to see Forza Horizon come to PC.

It's a hell of of a lot more than Microsoft has typically thrown PC gamers in the past 15 years or so. I'm happy for better late than never. Would love to see Forza Horizon come to PC.
I hope you mean 1 & 2, since 3 is on PC. I would love to see the first two Horizon titles on PC, as well. Every Forza game, for that matter.

Don't build your business on the back of someone else

Youtube as your only means to get content to users is a terrible business model. If you can't sustain traffic to your own hosted content site, then maybe your business sucks.

I am sure Youtube will be fine, they will figure out how to work this.

I hope you mean 1 & 2, since 3 is on PC. I would love to see the first two Horizon titles on PC, as well. Every Forza game, for that matter.
Well of course I mean 1, it was titled "Forza Horizon". There's a positive black hole of titles from Microsoft ever since it started investing in the Xbox. That's what we have Halo 1, Halo 2, then Halo 6 will be on PC. Gears of War 1, now Gears of War 4. Fable 1, Fable 3. Microsoft shunned the PC (which always feels like a slap in the face, since they still make the OS), then decided maybe they didn't want to do that later once they finally started losing marketshare this generation.

See? Thats how you talk with your money.

I loved HW in my now disposed 360 and was hoping for a pc release, but i refused to buy it on their store.

Now they have this option and i will get it that way.

So, once you get it on Steam, do you have to enter your Live ID, and then download an unlocking tool from the Windows Store? :D

So, once you get it on Steam, do you have to enter your Live ID, and then download an unlocking tool from the Windows Store? :D
Havent tried it yet, but if thats the case, it will be refund time!

:)

Hopefully not. I had a really bad experience with the Windows 10 "Native" version of Minecraft. My daughters play MC. I hate that it uses Java, so I thought "hey cool, a native version, no more Java!!" This was the one and only time I went to the Windows Store. Downloaded the game. Instead of just asking for a Minecraft account (which we have several of) it wants a Live ID. Not only that (as that would still have been at least somewhat acceptable) it wanted me to change how I log into Windows to using my Live ID for everything. Mandatory. Just to start the effing game. So I killed it, and never went back. Hopefully they're a little smarter than that now though with this game available on Steam.

Hopefully not. I had a really bad experience with the Windows 10 "Native" version of Minecraft. My daughters play MC. I hate that it uses Java, so I thought "hey cool, a native version, no more Java!!" This was the one and only time I went to the Windows Store. Downloaded the game. Instead of just asking for a Minecraft account (which we have several of) it wants a Live ID. Not only that (as that would still have been at least somewhat acceptable) it wanted me to change how I log into Windows to using my Live ID for everything. Mandatory. Just to start the effing game. So I killed it, and never went back. Hopefully they're a little smarter than that now though with this game available on Steam.
Yeah, hell no, not buying it or keeping it if that's the case.

Back