Halo vs Golden Eye

Khaydarin

2[H]4U
Which do you like better? Feel free to comment about the single player and such, but this mostly centers around the multiplayer and the enjoyment and addiction you got when you played them with friends. Yes, they are on ages-apart consoles, but this will be interesting. I personally like Golden Eye better.

I wasn't a fan of the Golden Eye control. That's one thing that Halo really had going for it. It got it down perfectly.

My senior class is going down to VA Beach (I'm in a small private school so the class only has 29 people) for this next week, and I'm going to be bringing my N64 down with me. My friend has a ton of games including Golden Eye. Oh let the fun begin....

It feels apples and oranges to me. Goldeneye was during my college days when we did 24 hour rotational Goldeneye tournaments. (License to Kill with pistols > all.) I think Halo was equally as good overall but in different aspects and that the game had a different feeling altogether. Laugh if you will, but I like Halo more for the single player game as I like games to have a story, though the multiplayer is good too. For overall ultra-tech fragging, however, I would say UT is probably the best. 2007 will own me.

Now, I'll step out and allow the Halo haters to come do their thing... again. :rolleyes:

I'm not trying to "hog" the thread by commenting after every thread by any means, but I just wanted to add that my last intentions here are to turn this thread into an anti-Halo thread. Of course, if people dislike it then they can say that and why.....but there are bounds that are too often over-stepped.....

I'll say Halo, but not because of the gameplay alone. I met new people and made many new friends playing Halo system-link at gaming LANs and such, and to be able to both have a great time playing a game and meet new people at the same time can't be topped.

goldeneye is my favorite simply for nostalgia purposes, however I feel that Halo is a better game if you compare them side by side (ignoring graphics).

Khaydarin said:
My senior class is going down to VA Beach (I'm in a small private school so the class only has 29 people) for this next week, and I'm going to be bringing my N64 down with me. My friend has a ton of games including Golden Eye. Oh let the fun begin....

You'll have fun when you go I lived in VA Beach for over 10 years, make sure you visit Sandbridge Beach its bueatiful.

rcf1987 said:
You'll have fun when you go I lived in VA Beach for over 10 years, make sure you visit Sandbridge Beach its bueatiful.

I did a 3-week Mini-BUD/S down there instructed by SEAL Team 8, which was "interesting," buuuut back on topic :D

Baredor said:
.....(License to Kill with pistols > all.) .....

It's more like (Proximity Mines, Deathmatch, Complex > all)
;)

What is this "Halo" you speak of?

I think golden eye would win but to me they and both at the same level of greatness so Halo wins because of the better graphics

Is this even a fair contest? Goldeneye wins by a long shot.

For the record, Faculity + rmachine guns + bathroom battle > then everything.

Goldeneye, hands down. But I grew up with it, and it was my first taste of deathmatch, so my choice is a bit biased. :D

Elemental said:
Goldeneye, hands down. But I grew up with it, and it was my first taste of deathmatch, so my choice is a bit biased. :D

QFT, not only that, it was the first video game I ever played!!! Some people have so many hours logged in CS that its insane, I know for a fact, im on the top list of hours logged in Goldeneye. Played mulitplayer for like 4 years straight with 3 friends of mine.

Goldeneye, but not really for any technical reasons such as gameplay or controls. When you spend six months on a ship in the middle of the ocean entertainment is what gets you through. For us it was Goldeneye, Mario Cart, and a ton of movies.

I have always struggled to understand why they couldn't make another game like Goldeneye for a system with better graphics. No 007 game since Goldeneye has been even a tenth of what that game was.

GoldenEye. Most halo fans I know (on campus) have never played or are terrible at PC FPS. And I'm talking about avid Halo fans, not your "oh it's ok", but "it fuckin' ownz" kind of fan. These halo players have been frat guys, Mac users, or your friend/roomie who is absolutely TERRIBLE at CS:S.

B/c I share the same sentiments as many of the "pro-PC" community, it is odd how I even picked up GoldenEye. Then again, I am a Nintendork :)

I have to say Halo. I absolutely love Goldeneye for the insane fun that I had at parties with the multiplayer, but I love Halo more because it has more depth and allowed me to take my love of exploitation to all new heights :D.

Halo without a doubt, nothing like seemlessly jumping into a banshee and wiping the floor with everyone

Goldeneye wins, flawless victory. I might try playing it again with the dual controller set up, never really gave it a chance.

Halo 8v8 for money in the Gultch....how can you beat that? Never have i encountered a game that spawned so many creative blends of obscenities.....i miss those days.

GoldenEye as it seems most here have pointed out - i think i am going to go buy a N64 off Ebay now :D

both these games kick ass. I give it a tie because of the good memories from both games.

I concur GoldenEye by far, as there wasn't anything to compare it to at the time, and its fun to play.

I mean come on proximity mines in a game, GENIUS!

hershey said:
both these games kick ass. I give it a tie because of the good memories from both games.

I agree. Both games wer great and I have great memories tied to both games while playing multiplayer. Hiding proximity mines on ammo spawns was great. The thing that took away from goldeneye was the fact that you could control the spawns in levels like basement and temple. As soon as the game turned into who could spawncamp first, that's when I stopped playing.

Halo was great because it allowed for more people to play at the same time and it had vehicles -- and sticky granades.

Give me a game that gives you both proximity mines that are easy to hide and sticky granades, and that will be the best deathmatch game ever.

krameriffic said:
I have always struggled to understand why they couldn't make another game like Goldeneye for a system with better graphics. No 007 game since Goldeneye has been even a tenth of what that game was.

It might finally happen. Activision got the rights to make James Bond games, so EA will no longer have anything to do with it. Hopefully Activision can get a talented group of developers to make a true sequel to Goldeneye.

Goldeneye for nostolgia and Halo because you could fly ...tuff call as both were fun (aside from some monotonous levels in Halo) .. I remember getting pretty frustrated on a couple levels in Goldeneye that seemed to take forever to get thru ..and the graphics and reaction from enemies getting shot where pretty eye popping for the day..

..whatever happend to that Goldeneye remake/reskin/modernize-graphics project ..?

[F]old|[H]ard

If you're talking about GoldenEye Source, I haven't played much since the fall. Back when it first officially released (beta/alpha or whatever), I played alot. But since many friends aren't playing that or source anymore, I've kinda stopped playing.

Nonetheless, it looks like there's been some progress:
http://www.goldeneyesource.com/

Back