Halo TV Series Is On Its Way

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
On the Xbox News Website, it has been announced today that SHOWTIME has ordered a 10-episode season based on the Halo video game franchise. Kyle Killen (Awake) will serve as executive producer, writer and showrunner, and the series will take place in the original universe, focusing on the battle between humanity and the Covenant.

Will be worth a watch. Being on SHOWTIME gives it some potential to be decent. Curious as to who the cast will be.

"This is a truly exciting moment for the Halo franchise," stated Kiki Wolfkill, head of Halo Transmedia at 343 Industries. "Together with our creative and production partners at SHOWTIME and Amblin Television, the Halo television series will represent new and exciting way for fans to enter and engage with the Halo universe. We can’t wait to share more on what’s ahead."

Just a casual fan of the games but kind of excited about this. Hopefully they don't make it into some kind of pseudo-sci-fi drama with most of the time spent watching people argue things a few minutes of action/effects. Has some potential, hope they do a good job.

The Halo universe is actually REALLY interesting. a ton of effort went into fleshing out the 500-year history of the humans, and thousands of years backstory on the various alien races.

I only hope they do the series justice, focusing on the actual characters like Sgt. Johnson, Dr. Halsey, Captain Keyes, etc. The truth is hat the 'main' character John 117 is purposefully a blank-slate, and Cortana's sassy character works best bouncing off his deadpan attitude, but I can't see even half the series held up by just that.

I would love to see a GoT style experience where you get the same conflict from many, many different angles.

The Halo universe is actually REALLY interesting. a ton of effort went into fleshing out the 500-year history of the humans, and thousands of years backstory on the various alien races.

I only hope they do the series justice, focusing on the actual characters like Sgt. Johnson, Dr. Halsey, Captain Keyes, etc. The truth is hat the 'main' character John 117 is purposefully a blank-slate, and Cortana's sassy character works best bouncing off his deadpan attitude, but I can't see even half the series held up by just that.

I would love to see a GoT style experience where you get the same conflict from many, many different angles.

This is key. I want this, but I also don't, because I feel it's going to be completely sjw'd and fruitcaked up with CGI. Hoping its dark and hardcore with great writing and action. As you said, the universe is massive and deserves it.

This is key. I want this, but I also don't, because I feel it's going to be completely sjw'd and fruitcaked up with CGI. Hoping its dark and hardcore with great writing and action. As you said, the universe is massive and deserves it.

The thing is, I don't feel Halo NEEDS any SJW Action. The most interesting character is black, the most intelligent scientist is a woman, Not to mention Miranda Keyes, Cortana... front-line soldiers are male and female, there is no focus on who's f***king who, so ANY of these characters could be gay, bi, trans, who cares.

Bungie already designed an extremely diverse vision of the future that didn't seem like it was trying to be diverse for diversity's sake. Any more would just seem too forced.

The thing is, I don't feel Halo NEEDS any SJW Action. The most interesting character is black, the most intelligent scientist is a woman, Not to mention Miranda Keyes, Cortana... front-line soldiers are male and female, there is no focus on who's f***king who, so ANY of these characters could be gay, bi, trans, who cares.

Bungie already designed an extremely diverse vision of the future that didn't seem like it was trying to be diverse for diversity's sake. Any more would just seem too forced.
It doesnt. but hollywood...right?

I get excited when I hear "Cortana" and "bouncing"

Interesting reaction that it's on SHOWTIME.

I wonder what the alternative reactions would have been if the show was instead on Syfy, Freeform, HBO, or AMC.

Can't wait for this
Will crucify it in reviews if it doesn't meet my expectations EXACTLY

Big titty bouncing Cortana or bust

This would have been great...10 years ago. Halo is stale. The previous live action shows don't inspire confidence either.

Being on SHOWTIME gives it some potential to

have BOOBIES

come on.. thats what we all think when we see showtime..

wonder what the alternative reactions would have been if the show was instead on Syfy,

if syfy.. that it would suck.. hard.. and be filled with the SJW BS many have already talked about in the thread.. oh.. and filled with lots of teenage angst. gotta have that :rolleyes:

Ah, the pathetic whining of an overly entitled white male...suck it up, snowflake.

I might watch it if were like red vs blue... halo taking itself seriously just doesn't feel right to me, always gave me a silly/campy/b-rated vibe

To get used to controllers (to make me feel justified in my purchase of an Xbox 1X) I ran through Reach, MCC and 5 starting in November. I liked the story a lot. If done well, the series could be compelling enough to sit with the best sci-fi out there. I would hope that this is an initial foray, and that they don't rush the story-telling, 10 episodes should just be the beginning of the series.

Like I said before, Halo never had a problem with representation of minorities or genders.

The only problem is that if you take the story 1:1 all the neckbeards will probably THINK it's been butchered by SJWs.

The books were good and the games up until about Halo 3 were good. Hopefully they don't fuck this up like I'm fully expecting them to.

Or the Covenant. I still remember the Arbiter's story and all the characters around him from Halo 2. The branding, the gas mine, and so on... That would be some great TV.

Thing is, they aren't rubber forehead aliens. It would take alot of CGI/makeup money to give a Sanghelli, Brute or Prophet alot of screen time, unless they massively simplify their appearance (aka the exact opposite of what ST: Discovery did to Klingons).

Back