Halo: The Master Chief Collection for PC Might Be Announced Next Week

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Microsoft has teased that the next episode of its monthly live news broadcast, Inside Xbox, will feature some exciting information on Halo: The Master Chief Collection. While the show isn’t known for major announcements, some believe 343 Studios could finally announce the long-awaited PC port of the Halo compilation. Fueling rumors, insider Brad Sams published a video Tuesday confirming it was in development.

There's no guarantee that the PC port will be announced then, but recent reports have made it seem likely that the game is on its way. In a recent YouTube vid, Xbox expert Brad Sams claimed the game is definitely in development, that its release is fairly imminent, and that it's possible an unveiling will occur at E3 2019.

So, if already purchased digital for XBox will it just show in my available Windows apps?

So, if already purchased digital for XBox will it just show in my available Windows apps?

Usually a game needs to launch that way, but you never know. Though I am guessing since it is on Game Pass, if you have a Game Pass sub it will work on your PC like everything else.

I'm not going to hold my breath waiting on a PC announcement. 343 has also teased bringing Reach to the collection so the announcement could also be related to that instead of a PC version.

i already have this on xbone, and its one of the games my kids play the most. wonder if i could play deathmatch on pc vs them on xbone. im fine on single player fps games, on a pad i am rubbish

Would be damn nice to have Halo ODST and Reach on PC. Halo 3 too. Reach is not part of MCC though, sadly. As for Halo 2 Anniversary, while having the new updated graphics is cool, PC is already covered with a good version of Halo 2. It's called Project Cartographer. Halo 1 Anniversary would also be nice on PC, but I still use my Gearbox port of Halo 1 to this day. Had a lot of fun with that game at LANParties back in tha day. Too bad Halo 1 and 2 on PC don't have co-op.

If Halo MCC comes to PC, that means UWP. Ugh, I'd rather do without.

I played the first halo on PC many years ago and never revisited the franchise since. Maybe if this comes out it will give me a reason to.
If you want to check out Halo 2 on PC, Project Cartographer got you covered: https://halo2.online/threads/project-cartographer-feature-add-ons-to-halo-2.2149/
Yes, that's the full game (both single-player and multiplayer), completely for free, without GFW Live, with proper mouse support (which Halo 2 Vista didn't have). Make sure to limit the framerate to 60fps though, or the game will break.

You can use your legal copy of Halo 2 Vista, or you can just download the Full Game Installer + Mod as one package: https://www.halo2.online/download/

Why are they allowed to distribute the full game legally for free? https://www.halo2.online/help/terms/
"On October 9, 2012, Microsoft ended support for Halo 2 for Windows Vista and subsequently the Games for Windows Live Marketplace in August 2013, classifying Halo 2 Vista as 'abandonware'. Under the Library of Congress 2015 DMCA 1201 Rules, Project Cartographer is a mod that falls under the exemption of Proposed Class 23: Abandoned Software – Video Games Requiring Server Communication."
Okay sure, if you say so.

While that would be awesome, I highly doubt it. Halo MCC is too old to be part of the XPA (Xbox Play Anywhere) program. Then again, KI 2013 was only on Xbone first, and when they brought it to PC they automatically gave it to anyone who already owned it on XB1. So who knows. If they are smart, they will do things that way. If they are smarter, they will set the game free of the Windows Store, like they did with KI 2013, which you can also get on Steam.

Halo 1 and 2 should be on GOG.

How about Halo Wars and HW2.

Then they can remove the worthless unit cap that use because the garbage consoles hand render all the units. Or whatever excuse they use

Oh for Fucks sake...
I finally caved and bought an Xbox one 2 weeks ago just for this..

God dammit.

I bought the digital copy from MS, so with any lucky itll unlock it for me in the Windows store.

How about Halo Wars and HW2.

Then they can remove the worthless unit cap that use because the garbage consoles hand render all the units. Or whatever excuse they use
Both Halo Wars games are already on PC. You can even get the first one on Steam.

upload_2019-3-9_15-30-22.png

Did they ever fix that mess on Xbox? I remember being excited when it came out, only for it to not work. Then I checked it like a year or 2 later and read they never fixed it.

Did they ever fix that mess on Xbox? I remember being excited when it came out, only for it to not work. Then I checked it like a year or 2 later and read they never fixed it.

They've been working on it since release. Seems like a lot of the playlist and matchmaking issues have been fixed. They even added a more modern control scheme for players that prefer the COD style of aiming.

I loved Halo PC. We used to have 16 player lan parties and it was great. I remember the first time playing it and asking my friends where the run key was... almost didn't want to play it because you moved so slow compared to quake and unreal but we had a blast. Might be fun to check out.

This shouldn't have taken this long to finally come out. The window for my personal caring is gone.

So you'd rather them rush out a port years ago when the game was in serious need of the fixes they've given to it over time?

Wasn't there already a master chief collection that had a lot of bugs on release date?

I'm missing something.

edit: Must be for "PC" is the difference.

I’m thankful because this was the only reason I would have been willing to get an Xbox One X. Not that I would have bought one, but still. There’s no reason now.

Well gawd damn:
VERY surprised it is not locked to Windows Store. Also surprised that Halo Reach is getting added to the MCC.

Well shit, it took em 20 years. Now that the console market is dried up, I guess they can focus on milking the PC market this time around.

So you'd rather them rush out a port years ago when the game was in serious need of the fixes they've given to it over time?
Cared enough to post in a topic you supposedly don't care about? That'll show them!

if it's by 343 industries? then it's going to be trash. MCC for xbox one was a big pile of fail and never really properly fixed. I don't expect 343I (aka shitty bungie) to ever really get it right after halo 4 and halo 5.

Try harder to troll. But I have my reasons for saying no. They want to messed with the formula in halo 4 that i didn't give halo 5 a second look. I would also post this as a warning. I'm expecting a glitchy, bug ridden package with game.

Back