Halo: Reach Set for Midnight Launch

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Halo: Reach hits the shelves tonight at midnight to projected long waiting lines at stores all around the world. Consider this a dress rehearsal for Black Friday :D

Fans can line up at tens of thousands of retailers tonight to get their hands on the game at 12:01am local time. For those in New York City and other major cities, however, Microsoft will be going the extra mile with several star-studded launch events.

That is where I am going to be tonight, outside Gamestop in good old Durant, OK (where I am attending college). :D

I will be there (San Diego/ Mira Mesa Gamestop) but for different reasons, I like halo, but I don't really have the money, nor an Xbox to play it on, I'm going to cancel my pre-order of the horrific still born turd known as FFXIV.

I am a PC gamer through and through, but I do have two weaknesses outside of PC gaming. One of them is first-party Nintendo games. The other is Halo, hated as though it may be. I, too, shall be waiting outside my local Gamestop.:D

My copy won't show up until Wednesday based on the shipping information. :mad:

After a long break from console games im returning for halo: Reach, last Game I bought for my xbox was Halo 3 lol so its going to be some re-adjusting after so much PC games going back to a game pad.

Bummer on your copy Scottw.

I own a Gaming PC, PS3 (for blueray and Metal gear solid mainly), and Xbox 360 mainly for the big multiplayer games like Halo, MW2, etc (to me online is better with console like xbox but graphic quality is better on PC).

I generally do rotations on which system I buy games for, and it partially depends on the gameplay style of the game too.

Sorry for double post dont see edit button,

but also a lot of my friends arent as hardcore gamer as me so they only own an Xbox 360 or PS3.

This is XBOX only? Looks like I'll be skipping. I'm not sure I'm renewing Live any more.

I'll be there. I like playing halo, sure it's not computer gaming but its decently fun.

Makes me want to hunt down some old red vs blue videos. If it's not coming out on PC it's unlikely I'll ever play it though. Playing these types of games on a console controller makes me want to punch someone in the face.

Just pre ordered 2 copies at gamestop. Does anyone know the policy if I return one of the copies and just keep the DLC armor code how much I will get charged? Do I just lose the 5$ I put down to pre order? Thanks!

-Xzi

I'll wait for the price to drop before I buy. Halo is good for a console FPS, but not good enough to want to buy it on day one.

Already checked Metacritic scores. Bad news for Halo fans--Gears of War and Gears of War 2 are better games than Halo Reach.

to all standing in line i hope you get hit with a keyboard and mouse=D i would care more for halo if it was released on the pc along side the 360 version and had cross platform play but alais microsoft pulled that plug wen shadow run was complete failure

I think I had enough trying to play Halo 3 on my 360. Aiming with that gamepad makes me feel like I'm trying to poke someones eye out with a 4 foot long or so stick.

I'd rather wait for a rpg such as Fable 3, tyvm.

For those of you that pre-ordered from Amazon I saw the General Manager and one of the Operations Managers today packing copies of Halo:Reach at the RNO1 facility in Northern Nevada while the hourly workers were on their break. Shameless plug for where I work, but good to see even the higher ups working to get your orders to you on time. :D

man...if only people camped out for Half-Life like they do for this mediocre, high-fivin, chubby frat daddy game...

lol...but i still play through all of them....but i don't enjoy one bit of it

man...if only people camped out for Half-Life like they do for this mediocre, high-fivin, chubby frat daddy game...

lol...but i still play through all of them....but i don't enjoy one bit of it

Half life was released in 1926 so the people that did are mostly senile by now, also prohibition stopped camping outside stores, and there was no interwebs.

It is woefully mediocre. Which is a shame that people wont expand their horizons. If you don't like it theres no compelling reason to buy into it. People say "multiplayer" but thats dull as well. Get something you like and thats right for you, wasting time is...a waste of time.

haha Ill be here in college station, tx with my friends in line like every other nerd.

There were about 400 people at my gamestop in WV. They were getting everyone in and out pretty quick. They even fired up a grill and gave away hot dogs to people in line.

There's a certain nostalgia about playing Halo... I'll definitely be buying a copy in the next week or so.

lol there was a longggg ass line at my Gamestop. Figures since theres only two in College Station and there are 50k college students here and at least 1/10th would get one.

For those of you that pre-ordered from Amazon I saw the General Manager and one of the Operations Managers today packing copies of Halo:Reach at the RNO1 facility in Northern Nevada while the hourly workers were on their break. Shameless plug for where I work, but good to see even the higher ups working to get your orders to you on time. :D

lol

It made me laugh to see that Amazon originally shipped my copy from about 10 min from my house (I assume a warehouse or something) to a town about an hour from me (UPS or FedEx facility I guess)....all just to have it come back here tomorrow :rolleyes:

To me,the Halo series stands as the prime example of how Microsoft has stabbed PC gamers in the back. Would it have been so hard to port Reach over to PC's ? After all,without PC users,there wouldn't be a Microsoft. But old Greedy Gates and his cohorts only think about raking in the cash while doing as little as possible to earn it. A game running on hardware that's five years behind the times? I'm so impressed.:rolleyes:

To me,the Halo series stands as the prime example of how Microsoft has stabbed PC gamers in the back. Would it have been so hard to port Reach over to PC's ? After all,without PC users,there wouldn't be a Microsoft. But old Greedy Gates and his cohorts only think about raking in the cash while doing as little as possible to earn it. A game running on hardware that's five years behind the times? I'm so impressed.:rolleyes:

Yeah, especially considering that originally Bungie was developing the first Halo game to be released for Windows (and mac), until it caught Microsofts eye who then bought out Bungie, then declared that Halo would be an Xbox exclusive.

Walmart has a $20 git card with purchase (not $5 like they advertised) so I picked it up for $39 with a free hat.

Played it for 2.5 hours. Not sure why I bought it to be honest: the controls are painful; textures look like mud; the content is utterly repetitive and exactly like playing another level of any old Halo game; the AI is laughable with infantry getting stuck on geometry, or driving you around in circles like a blind man if you get them behind the wheel of a vehicle.... Did I mention how goddawful the controls are?

The only plus points were the score, which was high quality, and the concept-art-painting textures in menus and cutscenes, which got me excited for Guild Wars 2.

I think I'm just over console FPS games, or spoiled by months of Eyefinity Bad Company 2. The game engine just didn't even feel like it was from the same decade as BC2.

Played it for 2.5 hours. Not sure why I bought it to be honest: the controls are painful; textures look like mud; the content is utterly repetitive and exactly like playing another level of any old Halo game; the AI is laughable with infantry getting stuck on geometry, or driving you around in circles like a blind man if you get them behind the wheel of a vehicle.... Did I mention how goddawful the controls are?

The only plus points were the score, which was high quality, and the concept-art-painting textures in menus and cutscenes, which got me excited for Guild Wars 2.

I think I'm just over console FPS games, or spoiled by months of Eyefinity Bad Company 2. The game engine just didn't even feel like it was from the same decade as BC2.

Wow... comparing a $200 XBox 360 to a >$1000 Eyefinity setup... what did you expect? A miraculous gain in resolution and texture quality for a 360 game over the previous one?

Plus the controls are no worse than Halo 3 / ODST were... but then again you're probably comparing it to mouse and keyboard... Meh.

Back