Halo: Reach reviews starting to come in

played online
alot of fun... they seemed to remake a lot of the maps from the first three games also the new guns are really cool and the new spartan features

I don't know to much about halo after 2.. But I can say that this feels like playing Halo 1 again, which was completely epic for me when I was like 10 or 11.

Mine came in yesterday (thanks Walmart) so I played the first level co-op with the wife, can't wait to play more tonight!

UPS wouldnt ship to my PO box. Wish they would have said that when i ordered. Now to ship it to work so i can get it.

I'm off to ebgames right after work to pick up my copy, haven't looked forward to playing a console game since halo3 came out. Halo is my dirty little console addiciton that can pull me away from my pc lol
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Probably posted a million times already but whatever. While good games, 2, 3 and ODST never quite had the feel that the first game did. All that has changed with Reach, and wow, is it ever amazing to have that feel back. My hats off to Bungie, they've done it. Couldn't of given Halo a better send off.

am i the only one who thinks the graphics suck compared to halo 3.

That'd be pretty bad, Halo 3 looked like Halo 1 with good lighting.... However.....

. While good games, 2, 3 and ODST never quite had the feel that the first game did. All that has changed with Reach, and wow, is it ever amazing to have that feel back.

This is what I'm interested in! Found a bud that'll let me borrow it when him and his GF finish the campaign. Sweet :)

theres no way rach has the feel of the story from halo 1.

reach was huge disappointment and feel like a rushed game.

I have yet to even play odst :( halo reach does look fun, so i cant wait to try to play it when i have the funds :D

first sentence sounds like you haven't played it yet
second sentence makes it sound like you then instantly played the entire game

which is it?

first sentence sounds like you haven't played it yet
second sentence makes it sound like you then instantly played the entire game

which is it?

already finished the game. Second sentence i meant to say it felt like bungie rushed the game in development. doesn't feel polished compare to the other halo games.

already finished the game. Second sentence i meant to say it felt like bungie rushed the game in development. doesn't feel polished compare to the other halo games.

how so? I thought it was pretty well rounded. If anything, it's multiplayer is well balanced, despite how much it changed. It's kinda hard to rush a game for three years, lol.

You must be playing a different reach than the rest of the world. Reach feels in no way rushed, I seriously can't comprehend where you get that idea from.

While good games, 2, 3 and ODST never quite had the feel that the first game did. All that has changed with Reach, and wow, is it ever amazing to have that feel back. My hats off to Bungie, they've done it. Couldn't of given Halo a better send off.

I feel the same way. Although I've liked 2, 3 and to a lesser extent ODST, this is the first one to bring back that original Halo feeling. I've only played through the first three missions but these three already had more cool stuff going on than 2 and 3.

I can't remember the name of the level, in the original Halo, where you come in on a drop ship and then storm the beach, but the first two missions of Reach have that sort of feeling of intense firefights. Then you have the sniper mission and although I saved the game shortly after the intro cut-scene to the 4th mission, it looks like it's going to be another big battle.

So far I'm really liking the game, and I haven't even touched multiplayer yet.

Last edited:
I'm not a big Halo fan, I'm definitely not a fan of playing FPS on consoles, and I probably wouldn't have picked up Halo Reach if I didn't get it as a freebie at a fancy launch event last Wednesday.

This game is really insanely good. I still can't believe I'm saying this but its great, it blows away Halo and Halo 3 in every way (I passed on most of Halo 2 and all of ODST). The single player was really fun and multiplayer is a frigging blast. I played for six hours tonight with a bunch of friends and I look forward to doing more tomorrow.

It actually pains me to say this given how much I've hated on the series over the years. :) I went into the Microsoft event making snarky comments to my friends and thinking about playing TF2 and Starcraft 2 when I got home. All I have to say now is congrats to Bungie, they did a really excellent job with this.

I'm not a big Halo fan, I'm definitely not a fan of playing FPS on consoles, and I probably wouldn't have picked up Halo Reach if I didn't get it as a freebie at a fancy launch event last Wednesday.
Interesting. Never cared for Halo 2/3, but I did like 1. Will have to borrow/check out Reach.

Good game but i didnt enjoy it as much as i thought i would. I think perhaps because I've read the Halo:Fall of Reach book. The plot of the game is similar to how the book plays out and there was one part that i was looking forward to that is in both the book and the game. Massive letdown :( Feels like there was an entire section cut from the game that was one of my favourite parts in the book.

Still, this game has one of the best endings since Hitman: Blood Money. :D

Also to those who have finished the game. Have you seen the cameo of Master Chief? Bungie said he makes an appearance but i never saw him during the game.

been playinf for about 2 hours and so far I love it. Havent even looked at the multi player yet.

Went over to a friends last night and beat it on legendary. Pretty fun.
They should have made legendary harder imo.
I don't think I saw master chief.

Joystiq has an article up (although they're not the original source) and it sounds like installing to the hard drive will actually improve performance!

how so? I thought it was pretty well rounded. If anything, it's multiplayer is well balanced, despite how much it changed. It's kinda hard to rush a game for three years, lol.

im not talking about multiplayer. talking campaign. multiplayer im actually enjoying.

The cut scenes look like ass compared to halo 3. Way too much stuttering compared to halo 3.

The story doesnt feel like it pulls me in like the 1st and 3rd one did. i mean odst pulled me in casue you felt alone and i could feel that in that game.

reach story is just blah to me. Watch my team mates get picked off. blah blah.

i install most all my new games to my HDD and still get stuttering.

I dont see any stuttering in my cut scenes. Perhaps your copy/xbox is having issues.

I dont see any stuttering in my cut scenes. Perhaps your copy/xbox is having issues.

Yeah same here. I had a friend who did complain about the stuttering but once they installed it to the harddrive they said it fixed the problem and no more stuttering.

I'm experiencing some slight stuttering during some of the cut-scenes, but I haven't installed it to my HD yet. I probably will tonight, now that I know installing won't slow things down like it did with Halo 3.

watched my roomie play it for like 10 mins, watching him aim with a controller is funny.

I'll buy it when and if it comes to PC

Went over to a friends last night and beat it on legendary. Pretty fun.
They should have made legendary harder imo.
I don't think I saw master chief.

turn on the skulls

we had to back down from 6 red skulls to 3 haha

There's some definite stuttering during cut-scenes. It's not excessive but it is very obvious when it happens if you're sensitive to it (which I am). For what it's worth this is with the game installed to HD.

Just picked it up today. Well just got my first 360 this week and being a PC gamer it's going to take a lot of getting used to the controls again. But i'll get there. So far it's fun. I've only played the original halo game and so far reach is easily better, IMO.
Next up, getting my ass handed to me online!

There's some definite stuttering during cut-scenes. It's not excessive but it is very obvious when it happens if you're sensitive to it (which I am). For what it's worth this is with the game installed to HD.

This. They try to hide it with a strange motion blur effect. Looks odd. Plus the effect is only used in the cutscenes when the framerate dives. You never see it ingame.

how can i get into the new multiplayer modes? im not getting Stock Pile at all or that headhunter game where u shoot someone and they drop skulls or w/e.

I keep getting regular capture the flag, odd ball, slayer, snipers, etc. I wanna try out the new modes.

This. They try to hide it with a strange motion blur effect. Looks odd. Plus the effect is only used in the cutscenes when the framerate dives. You never see it ingame.

I've seen the blur in-game on character models, as well as, in cutscenes. Thought it might be the post-processing on my Samsung Plasma. Glad to hear I'm not the only one seeing this.

Picked it up yesterday but haven't played it yet. I'm more of a campaign guy but I'm pretty excited to get balls deep in some of the online modes this time.

Well had time to finish the first level and so far it seems well worth my $10 lol, that cut scene where you find the girl and her dad was pretty sweet (try to not give out spoilers for anyone who hasnt boughten it yet lol). And I really like the music in reach, I notice it a lot more and it fits the fire fights really well.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Back