Halo: Reach reviews starting to come in

Finished the game on normal. It was so much easier to finish the nightfall mission when you had your sniper rifle. Finished it on normal though which honestly was more fun. This is the first halo title that hasn´t any sections that are just embarrasingly bad. Most Halo titles has some missions that is almost genius but then they decide to put you in identical room after identical room or spam the same enemy at you in hordes.

Halo Reach keep putting fresh stuff at you (well okay not that fresh if you played all previously HALO titles but anyway). I didn´t get boored with it.

As for the story does this game has one? I never understood any of it? What was the artifact I collected in the end. And why does the game end in pure nothing. Not a cliffhanger and not an ending? Is Halo 100 % multiplayer these days. It felt like Bungie didn´t even care for adding a story or something just tried to make each map as fun as possible to play through. HALO 2 and 3 had some fun space soap opera action going. Not a sign of it here. It´s not that the story is bad it´s just that there isn´t any story told.

Other visual doesn´t matter it´s all about gameplay... But no the visual do really enhance this title. Beautiful game both estetically and technically by 360 standards. As for sound good most of the time though voices was a bit boxy on all my systems. . Really really cool in the space mission where you weapons make no sound. Took a while before I grasped why. Nice attention to detail :)

No real Halo fan but this is a great action oriented fps. It would been a master piece with a really good story to go along with it.

The artifact/package was

////////////////////////////////////////////////
<SPOILER>Cortana</SPOILER>

and the whole point of Reach was to depict what happened before the 1st Halo game. Basically Noble team found the data and the package above which lead to the discovery of the Halo and the eventual victory over the covenant.

its funny running through the game on legendary by yourself you begin to realize how much better the covenant weapons are than the human weapons. 3 needles from a needle rifle blow ppl up w/o sheilds. can be a lot easier than always going to the head.

The artifact/package was

<SPOILER>Cortana</SPOILER>

and the whole point of Reach was to depict what happened before the 1st Halo game. Basically Noble team found the data and the package above which lead to the discovery of the Halo and the eventual victory over the covenant.

also to add here, the whole feel behind the game is to show that the humans are terrible out numbered and are losing and with out the "package" humanity was basically doomed. the story was more "keep fighting for the planet even though there seems to be no more hope". actually humanity surviving was kinda a stroke of luck with the switch of power in the covenant that occurred in halo 2. all of the games are also intertwined with the books. the author of the books also wrote the stories for the games to work with the books. reach is the only game that is also a book (i think, halo might be a book to).

Last edited:
Back