Halo: Reach reviews starting to come in

I'm noticing alot of stuttering too in cut scenes especially. I have the new xbox slim 4gig model.

I noticed some lag in general during the campaign. Some cutscenes had slowdowns and some battles during the actual game dipped in frames pretty noticeably.

Anyone else get a broken statue? I called GS about it, and they said MS had to take of it. I called the Xbox number, and they confirmed there have been several problems with broken statues on the Legendary edition. They say they are going to send me a new one. I guess I will see.

Darn, I bought the game thinking it would have a 48 hour trial xbox live gold card in it, i guess ill have to wait till this weekend to play online during free weekend.

If anyone has an extra 48 hour trial card could you PM me one? I don't know what I'd do to pay you back, but I would love to start playing tonight after work, im not really interested in campaign unfortunately just the multiplayer aspect.

I enjoyed the campaign, finished it on legendary with a friend this morning. Thinking about playing through on legendary again by myself for that achievement, lol.

Darn, I bought the game thinking it would have a 48 hour trial xbox live gold card in it, i guess ill have to wait till this weekend to play online during free weekend.

If anyone has an extra 48 hour trial card could you PM me one? I don't know what I'd do to pay you back, but I would love to start playing tonight after work, im not really interested in campaign unfortunately just the multiplayer aspect.
Ill check my case when I get home, if I have one its all yours lol
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Anyone else get a broken statue? I called GS about it, and they said MS had to take of it. I called the Xbox number, and they confirmed there have been several problems with broken statues on the Legendary edition. They say they are going to send me a new one. I guess I will see.

Mine wasn't broken, but I had the hardest time getting the weapons to fit like they explained in the instructions. I eventually got them to stay, but they're not perfect by any means. :p

I'll see if I can find one at home tonight.

I'll see if I can find one at home tonight.

That's wierd.... there was a "2 day" (not 48hr... same differnce, lol) Gold trial card in my box (preordered from Walmart online).

Maybe they only let one in the preorders?

At any rate, I remember a free Gold weekend, this weekend?

That's wierd.... there was a "2 day" (not 48hr... same differnce, lol) Gold trial card in my box (preordered from Walmart online).

Maybe they only let one in the preorders?

At any rate, I remember a free Gold weekend, this weekend?

My copy came with one, but I already gave that to a friend so that he could use his account with me online.

@fodder0, I have a 48 hour trial key from another game that you can have. PM sent. By the way, if you guys are just setting up your accounts, your 360s will come with 3 free 1 months of Gold. That means, you can make up to 3 accounts and each will have a month of Gold.

Just completed my first run through (heroic). Really enjoyed it.

\o/

Now for some co-op. :D

I bought my copy off ebay for $50 shipped, so who knows where they got their copy from, it had that damn Avatar Hat or something instead of the 48 hour trial, I am still looking for a code if anyone has one. I wouldn't normally beg, but I'm just dying to play it online, but don't have any funds left to buy xbox live till next week.

i started a campaign on normal difficulty yesterday and played for about 2 - 3 hours. so far i'm loving it. i'm looking forward to playing some coop.

Its free this weekend, but would anyone like a 48 hour trial code for free? If so, first to PM will get it.

I finished the game on normal last night. I should have played it on Heroic, but oh well. I didn't really care for the ending, but the game itself was really good. It'll be interesting to see where 343 Studios takes the franchise now.

Does anyone use joystick extensions for their controller? I heard it helps with FPS console games. If so which ones do you have?

Does anyone use joystick extensions for their controller? I heard it helps with FPS console games. If so which ones do you have?

I dont, but I"ve heard very very good things about them helping with precision.

I use the fps freek, but only on the right stick. I found it helps a lot with really fine precision while keeping the sensitivity high. I keep one controller around with my fps freek on the right stick as a fps controller, and use another controller for everything else.

I was thinking of getting a pair of FPS Freeks, I normally play PC games but since I still play RDR and am playing a ton of Halo.. I think they might be a good investment. I haven't got to play a whole lot of multi..

Just beat level 8, the story is really starting to get good. I didn't read The Fall of Reach but Reach the game is great at telling the story of the planet.

I can second and say that I love the Kontrol Freek sticks. Its amazing how big of a difference they made for me. Now I can't pick up my controller without them.

Wow I suck online, but it is fun none the less. Jetpacks are pretty cool.

Well, so far my experience is opposite of halo 3, I enjoyed the campaign alot more in halo 3, but im liking reaches multiplayer alot more lol. The invasion mode is a blast so far.

in reaches defense im only started level 7 so i still have a few more levels to go, but halo 3's story just felt much more dramatic and epic to me, saving finale judgment till im done.

if anyone wants to set up some [H]ard arena teams I'm down. My current rating is 1515 I think, I've only played 10 or so rounds with pubs.

As for the campaign I beat it on legendary with a friend, I'm beating it again on legendary solo for the achievement, on level 5 so far.

edit: xbl name: martin8r

Does anybody else feel that your movement is very sluggish when compared to the way the AI moves?

Movement in Halo games have always been floaty. I'd rather see it have a bit more "weight" but oh well its still a great game.

I REALLY enjoyed the flying level it was a nice break from being abused on Legendary difficulty (ugh still 2 levels to go). In fact I enjoyed it so much I'd really dig a full fledged halo space shooter (Think Colony Wars: Halo Edition).

Finished the campaign just now. Im not a HALO fanboy by any means, and wasnt even gonna buy this game until all the high marks started coming in. That being said, i enjoyed the campaign in reach far more than any other halo game.

Finished the campaign just now. Im not a HALO fanboy by any means, and wasnt even gonna buy this game until all the high marks started coming in. That being said, i enjoyed the campaign in reach far more than any other halo game.

Exactly!

I'm enjoying it, just taking a long time since I:

a. only get to play an hour or two a day, if that
b. playing on Legendary alone

Starts a bit slow, but it's starting to get serious.

Back