Halo: Reach Reportedly Leaked Via Xbox Live

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Another game, another leak. This seems to be the rule rather than the exception. This time it’s Halo: Reach, which is not due for release until next month. The real kicker here is it was downloaded from Microsoft’s Xbox Live Marketplace. Rest peacefully though; the group that downloaded the copy has no intention of releasing it into the wild.

ReachLink.jpg

where to begin...Ok Halo "IS" a Knockoff from Opposing Force aka Half Life. Gearbox made it and if you have played Opposing Force and "THEN" you go play Halo doesnt matter what version its Opposing Force. I played not even half way thru the first halo and was like ya ok im better off playing Oposing Force. I dare you to say im wrong and if you havent played it dont come in here crying about your stupid halo is so precious.

where to begin...Ok Halo "IS" a Knockoff from Opposing Force aka Half Life. Gearbox made it and if you have played Opposing Force and "THEN" you go play Halo doesnt matter what version its Opposing Force. I played not even half way thru the first halo and was like ya ok im better off playing Oposing Force. I dare you to say im wrong and if you havent played it dont come in here crying about your stupid halo is so precious.

I don't see anything wrong with copying parts of another game, most games aren't 100% unique anyway.

The reason I liked Halo is because all my friends from school would play it. It was a fun way to get together.

And all of that is a knockoff of Castle Wolfenstein, or whatever. :p

Gearbox doesn't make Halo, btw.

What does this have to do with the game being leaked onto Xbox LIVE. There are plenty of other threads (that migh actually relate to your pov) you can go preach your dislike of all things Halo... Honestly who gives a shit if you like "said game" or not? If you don't like it move along. You waste more time and braincells (not that you seem to have many to spare) posting on topics you obviously dislike.

Oh and Gearbox ported Halo to the PC. Bungie made the game.

You're wrong.

*awaits consequences for this wretched crime I've committed*

i often wonder if things get "leaked" onto the net by accident or if it's like that time me and a guy put three single maxwell coffee packets in the coffee machine at work....was it an accident that we happened to put three of the packets in or was it on purpose?
all these "whoopsie" leaks that happen constantly at such LARGE firms like microsoft i'd hardly call an accident. how does one accidently program several lines of code to release before it is supposed to? whenever i screwed up ONE line in my programs the whole thing wouldn't work. and seriously it isn't like they don't hear in the morning get together briefings when the release date is for a game....it's sorta like those girls you knew in high school that put "I <3 Justin xoxoxo" cause you know, they'd forget who it was they love if they didn't write it down and say it 1000 times. GIVE ME A BREAK. this shit isn't getting leaked, it's more like.... exclusive time released sneak peaks for whoever saw it first up till X amount of users.

i often wonder if things get "leaked" onto the net by accident or if it's like that time me and a guy put three single maxwell coffee packets in the coffee machine at work....was it an accident that we happened to put three of the packets in or was it on purpose?
all these "whoopsie" leaks that happen constantly at such LARGE firms like microsoft i'd hardly call an accident. how does one accidently program several lines of code to release before it is supposed to? whenever i screwed up ONE line in my programs the whole thing wouldn't work. and seriously it isn't like they don't hear in the morning get together briefings when the release date is for a game....it's sorta like those girls you knew in high school that put "I <3 Justin xoxoxo" cause you know, they'd forget who it was they love if they didn't write it down and say it 1000 times. GIVE ME A BREAK. this shit isn't getting leaked, it's more like.... exclusive time released sneak peaks for whoever saw it first up till X amount of users.

Games don't typically leak on xbl. In fact this is the first I've ever heard of it. I'd imagine most games that leak early are from the manufacture or retail stores. All it takes is one person to swipe a disk and upload it for the whole world to have access to it.

It didnt actually leak. It was put up on the XBL Marketplace put you needed a special code to download it, the code was only given out to reviewers.

What these people did was either hacked the XBL servers (unlikely) or found a way to generate the code, given there are plenty of people on EBay selling illegally generated XBL codes it's much more likley that is what happen.

For what its worth I have to say fair play to them for not releasing it. They just get to have some fun while the rest of us wait 3 more weeks.

Ya, cause, its not like anyone plays the single player for the storyline...

I know. I'm one of those rare few who could give less of a fuck about Halo multiplayer.

Preordered from Newegg when it was going for $45. :D

I never understood the Halo hate, just try to enjoy it for what it is... It's a fun game and especially fun in CO-OP story mode. :cool: A friend and I are still working our way through the original and probably eventually the rest on Legendary. With 3 or more people, multi-player is fun too on a nice big screen.

Ya, cause, its not like anyone plays the single player for the storyline...

I know. I'm one of those rare few who couldn't give less of a fuck about Halo multiplayer.

+1 I couldnt care less about MP either. I love the Halo games for the campaign. At least there's a point to that. At least playing the game advances the story. All MP gives you is a kill ratio and racist abuse. Whoopee!

btw Fixed that for ya ;)

I dare you to say im wrong and if you havent played it dont come in here crying about your stupid halo is so precious.

One of the reasons I liked the original Halo, was because the story mode reminded me alot of the Marathon games....Bungies original game from the mid 90's.

So believe what you want, but I do not agree with your interpretation.

The Halo campaign is definently what brought me back into FPS. The story line was good. The original Flood missions in the first Halo were some of the creepiest things I've played. The ability to play Co-op made it supremely fun. And the music, both from the actual music itself to the perfect queueing for the scene and mood is what really got me.

Oh and PS, Dungeons And Dragons table top has elements that I have seen in every single RPG I have ever played EVER. Doesn't make them any less of game. If an element works, use it.

Hell I wish more games would copy features from others. One of the problems with MMOs is that they all seem to have some good ideas, but they often don't take those ideas from others. I'll see something in an MMO and say "Man that would work really well in other games," but it doesn't get implemented.

Progress doesn't happen if you insist everything happens in isolation.

Hell I wish more games would copy features from others. One of the problems with MMOs is that they all seem to have some good ideas, but they often don't take those ideas from others. I'll see something in an MMO and say "Man that would work really well in other games," but it doesn't get implemented.

Progress doesn't happen if you insist everything happens in isolation.

What kind of features are you talking about?

+1 for the campaigns in the Halo games.

Personally, I'll play the mp portion of the games with my friends for a bit, but I always get bored pretty quickly. The best time I've had playing Halo was doing co-op legendary in Halo 3 with my friends on XBL.

On a side note, does the Halo theme music (orchestral stuff at the beginning of all the games) make anyone else want to play the game just from hearing it? I swear that music is so epic, that every time I hear it I just want to fire up the 360 and play lol.

+1 for the campaigns in the Halo games.

Personally, I'll play the mp portion of the games with my friends for a bit, but I always get bored pretty quickly. The best time I've had playing Halo was doing co-op legendary in Halo 3 with my friends on XBL.

On a side note, does the Halo theme music (orchestral stuff at the beginning of all the games) make anyone else want to play the game just from hearing it? I swear that music is so epic, that every time I hear it I just want to fire up the 360 and play lol.

For me, it's the beginning them on "Silent Cartographer," but that's likely because I only had the PC demo for sooooo long, because MS had a free MP demo - blood gulch CTF/slayer only - but free and unconstrained otherwise.

Back