Halo Reach : Live Action Trailer

I'm going to use this as an excuse to buy a new 360, I don't have one yet. Jet pack + Halo = Awesome! I wonder if they are going to have the jet pack in multiplayer.

I have a feeling that Reach is goin to be absolutely epic. It's Bungie's swan song to the series, so you know they put a lot of love into the game. Hopefully, they do not disappoint. Can't wait to play it in a few weeks.

I'm going to use this as an excuse to buy a new 360, I don't have one yet. Jet pack + Halo = Awesome! I wonder if they are going to have the jet pack in multiplayer.

Yes, confirmed along with cloaking and other abilities.

I'm probably gonna buy a $200 360 just for this game. 200 is such a nice price to get you online, I don't need the extra hdd space.

I'm probably gonna buy a $200 360 just for this game. 200 is such a nice price to get you online, I don't need the extra hdd space.

It comes with 4GB built in, but you can use any (2) 16GB USB thumb drive(s) to install games to as well. No need for a 250GB if you dont need that kind of space.

I'm not too excited for this game. Judging from what I've seen and played from the Beta, it just looks and feels like another Halo game. Adding features like Sprint doesn't excite me considering well it's been in every other FPS ever. I've heard from other sources that the end of the game is not that great.

Last edited:
^^

I didn't read this, however if you're implying you're playing the leaked version that kind of talk is not allowed around here and can get you banned. You should remove your post.

^^

I didn't read this, however if you're implying you're playing the leaked version that kind of talk is not allowed around here and can get you banned. You should remove your post.

Noted. Thank you for the heads up.

cool, but running around and carrying a bomb is absolutely idiotic

I liked the ODST live action video much better.

I saw this yesterday and it got me even more excited for the game. My 360 has the three red rings though :(

If the actually in-game looked like that, i would definetly get it and dump my gf. In reality, it looks just like another Halo 3.

If the actually in-game looked like that, i would definetly get it and dump my gf. In reality, it looks just like another Halo 3.

You expect the game to look like live action footage? :confused: Do you hold every other game to this standard as well?

You expect the game to look like live action footage? :confused: Do you hold every other game to this standard as well?

Meh I understood him.

Halo's live action trailers are always dramatic and exciting looking. If the game was as good looking as the live action trailers it would be a worthy purchase. But in all reality, the game looks and plays just like Halo 3.

Meh I understood him.

Halo's live action trailers are always dramatic and exciting looking. If the game was as good looking as the live action trailers it would be a worthy purchase. But in all reality, the game looks and plays just like Halo 3.

Thanks!

Meh I understood him.

Actually the game looks and plays like Halo : Combat Evolved. I mean, if I think I'm in understanding you correctly you're both saying it looks like Halo 3 because its a Halo game on the 360? Pew pew, purple and green? The combat in the Halo series is a much slower paced system when you compare it to something like a scripted game like Call of Duty. Halo CE and Reach both are sandbox-like in design, allowing the user to explore the world and progress as and when you see fit. Halo 3 was very linear and nothing like this. If Reach looks like Halo 3 based on combat, I can understand that.. because combat in Halo is a larger experience, slower paced and not adrenaline rushed in your face in spurts. It plays out like reading a novel, as opposed to watching a blockbuster movie.

Reach has more in common with Halo CE than it does 3. Its also a brand new game engine. Either way to each his own, Halo is not for everyone and its an IP I detested many years ago. Over time and after playing offsets in the series like Halo Wars, ODST etc.. I have really been drawn into the lore and universe, nearly on the same level as I am with James Camerons Aliens. Its a pretty rich experience, but that doesn't manifest itself only in combat like other shooters. Halo games should be absorbed instead of consumed. There simply aren't many other games, regardless of platform (including PC) that offer this kind of experience.

Which is why the games are rated so high.

Last edited:
Actually the game looks and plays like Halo : Combat Evolved. I mean, if I think I'm in understanding you correctly you're both saying it looks like Halo 3 because its a Halo game on the 360? Pew pew, purple and green? The combat in the Halo series is a much slower paced system when you compare it to something like a scripted game like Call of Duty. Halo CE and Reach both are sandbox-like in design, allowing the user to explore the world and progress as and when you see fit. Halo 3 was very linear and nothing like this. If Reach looks like Halo 3 based on combat, I can understand that.. because combat in Halo is a larger experience, slower paced and not adrenaline rushed in your face in spurts. It plays out like reading a novel, as opposed to watching a blockbuster movie.

Reach has more in common with Halo CE than it does 3. Its also a brand new game engine. Either way to each his own, Halo is not for everyone and its an IP I detested many years ago. Over time and after playing offsets in the series like Halo Wars, ODST etc.. I have really been drawn into the lore and universe, nearly on the same level as I am with James Camerons Aliens. Its a pretty rich experience, but that doesn't manifest itself only in combat like other shooters. Halo games should be absorbed instead of consumed. There simply aren't many other games, regardless of platform (including PC) that offer this kind of experience.

Which is why the games are rated so high.

The man speaks truth.

I could not get into Halo because (a) I played FPS on the PCs before Halo even existed so I was not impressed by the hype and (b) when I tried to be open-minded and play Halo 3 a year ago, I found the graphics terrible, the in-game backstory non-existent, and the giggling triangle enemies utterly retarded.

Why can't they at least go through the trouble of providing exposition in the game? To make me run out and buy the novels?

Not going to happen.

That said, I have heard that the final hurrah will be appropriately dark and grim, and the graphics seem acceptable, so I may give it a shot.

I could not get into Halo because (a) I played FPS on the PCs before Halo even existed so I was not impressed by the hype and (b) when I tried to be open-minded and play Halo 3 a year ago, I found the graphics terrible, the in-game backstory non-existent, and the giggling triangle enemies utterly retarded.

Why can't they at least go through the trouble of providing exposition in the game? To make me run out and buy the novels?

Not going to happen.

That said, I have heard that the final hurrah will be appropriately dark and grim, and the graphics seem acceptable, so I may give it a shot.

Ya I was sort of the same about Halo in general before slowly getting into the universe more than any 1 game in particular. I've been a pc gamer since, well probably the early 80s so I chuckled at all the Halo hype back when it launched on the first Xbox. I knew a lot of gamers who played it at LANs and it seemed like a great console experience.

Thus, I just blew it off as that. Ignored Halo 2, and it wasn't until I bought a 360 in 2005 then I decided to try out Halo 3. Actually take that back, I palyed Halo CE on my pc, and while the graphics were dull (in general comparison), the story and feel was pretty epic in a way. Anyways, Halo 3 was well.. good but not great IMO. I enjoyed it, but it never wowed me so to speak.

Enter Halo Wars. RTS on my console? pfft right? Wrong. Halo Wars blew the lid off RTSs on console if you ask me and while not as feature rich as a pc counterpart (for obvious reasons), the game is fantasic, plays fantastic and reminded me whole-heartedly of 1990s PC RTSs. That says a lot. Regardless, Halo Wars was a turning point for me, I started to enjoy the lore of the universe a bit. Played the game about 5 times through, online and really loved it in the end. Next up was ODST, wasn't so sure about this since it seemed a spin off and smaller in release. But I read it was not like a regular Halo, it was dark, cold.. told the tale of a squad of lost ODSTs trying to survive 1 night on New Mambasa. Gave it shot... loved it.

Reach was announced, ok cool. Thats about all I thought about that until Bungie started laying out the goods on Reach. New Engine, swan song, Firefight matchmaking, campaign co op matchmaking, jetpacks, cloaking, mini RPG leveling for MP, telling the story of Reach and how it all began. Then I started watching vid docs and it started to come together. Somewhere in the midst of all that I realized I had to get my grubby paws on this game.

I dunno, I just used to laugh at Halo in general. "Stupid console game for console tards." Then I bought a console and funny things started happening. My wife started gaming with me, without me, with her friends. I started gaming with family more and in general felt like I knocked a wall down. I figured what the fuck.. I'll try some Halo games and it worked in my favor I guess.

Not everyone is going to enjoy Halo, but its a universe that simply grew on me over time because I gave it a shot. I'm hopeful that Reach can ... *clears throat* reach out to newer gamers and expose them to the great universe within. I guess we'll see how the game turns out, and how its reviewed.

Not everyone is going to enjoy Halo, but its a universe that simply grew on me over time because I gave it a shot.

The Universe is killer, well written and very captivating. I'd put it right up there with Blizzard games. But with the exception of the original Halo:CE, every game has been a letdown after letdown (imo). Haven't tried Halo Wars yet though, but that's next.

I really enjoyed Halo,thought it was a great FPS game. Halo 2 wasn't as good,and took way too long to come out for PC's,but it was passable. Then Microsoft decided to screw PC gamers who helped them get where they are by making the franchise a console only exclusive,and I lost all interest in it. No matter how much they hype Reach,it's a game held back by years old outdated hardware and a control system that's a total failure for FPS games.

anyone who has played the beta knows how awesome this game is. the armor abilities completely change how the game plays. yea sure sprint has been done before but its repeated because its really useful. it was really fun to use in the game for scouting etc. the jet pack also reminded me of tribes but with out the skiing i found myself taking damage a lot early on lol.

the other ones are awsome two such as Gaurd (for defending positions) , cloke and the hologram one (you can make a holograph version of your self that runs in a straight line. can be used for diversions)

plus forge world just makes the whole thing awesome! if you don't know what that is look up forge world on youtube.

overall the game will be a good send-off to the halo franchise. bungie tried to combine all the good aspects from their games into one last game. also i love that they have matchmaking for fire fight and customizable options such as fighting only grunts etc. it will be a very well rounded game plus i find it interesting for them to chose reach as their last game considering how it ends.

bungie succeeded in adding halo 3 to the list of professional competitive games because of how well its balanced and the skill it takes to become really good at the game(along with cs and sc). maybe they can do it again with reach

I wish the games were as epic as the commercials.
I agree, it was one of thee best trailers I've seen for a videogame but the Halo games always have these intense emotional trailers, then 10 minutes into the game you see these little colored midgets running around comically yelling and screaming and you sit there and your like "what the hell is this, this wasn't in the trailer".

I might buy this one though, but I know what to expect.

Bungie and Blizzard should make CG/Action movies. They have the talent to make amazing movies.

Bungie and Blizzard should make CG/Action movies. They have the talent to make amazing movies.

Well I know there is a WoW movie in the works somewhere. The Halo movie got shelved due to the sheer cost Peter Jackson said he would have to have to make it happen. The latest news about the Halo movie was that Steven Spielberg was interested in doing what he could to be involved to make it happen. Prior to that Neil Blaumkamp (of District 9) was going to do the Halo movie.

I dunno, I'd love to see a good Blizzard or Halo movie but PJ was probably right. It would probably need a mega budget to break the mold of shittastic game movies.

well with people like Peter Jackson and Stephen Spielberg involved i dont see how the movie could be bad... just get George Lucas to fund the movie and then every movie buff will go see it lol

well with people like Peter Jackson and Stephen Spielberg involved i dont see how the movie could be bad... just get George Lucas to fund the movie and then every movie buff will go see it lol

did you see the new indiana jones, or the star wars prequels?

Back