Halo Reach Beta...

Hate hearing Halo players talk shit, thank god for parties.

You know, I've hate to have that experience yet. I'm not saying those guys aren't out there, since you've obviously experienced it, but I'm actually pleasantly surprised that after three days of playing the beta I haven't had that problem yet. Of course as more people get their hands on the beta, or I just play around more, I'm sure it'll change. Then of course when the full game launches.

Last night I got to play one of those games modes where it was Elites vs Elites and that was pretty cool. I really like how they actually "handle" differently then a spartan. It was a nice change of pace.

Anybody start playing it yet? I'm working but was able to put it downloading (1.5GB in size). I think in about 2 hours I'll be playing.

I'd be trying it out if it weren't for the fact I sold my copy of ODST on ebay two and a half hours after it was released. :p

Too bad though. Looks cool.

And who's this Aisha Tyler chick?

and they still aren't using real sights on their guns.

they shouldn't have the battle rifle in the first place, this is in the beginning of the covenant war.

I've played it some last night and I just don't like it, damn near everything you fire from the hip which is completely unrealistic when ever you meet an opponent 1 on 1 it's who can pump 20 shots into the other player 1st, or get close enough and melee them.

I know that's Halo and all but damn after playing BC2 and others it just pales in comparison.

I agree. I am not sure about what story they are using for the video game but planet Reach is where the Spartan-II project started and main forward military installation for the UNSC. The war had already been going when the covenant attacked Reach.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Last edited:
I agree. I am not sure about what story they are using for the video game but planet Reach is where the Spartan-II project started and main forward military installation for the UNSC. The war had already been going when the covenant attacked Reach.

I know its just going to increase my level of nerdish-no-life-ism, but the Covenant attacked Harvest in 2525. All of the halo games take place in 2552.

Insert Mindless Justification Here: The Halo books got me into reading. Thanks to them I started reading novels for the first time and have expanded to things like 1984, Game of Thrones, Rainbow Six, etc. So Thank you Eric Nylund :p

I know its just going to increase my level of nerdish-no-life-ism, but the Covenant attacked Harvest in 2525. All of the halo games take place in 2552.

Insert Mindless Justification Here: The Halo books got me into reading. Thanks to them I started reading novels for the first time and have expanded to things like 1984, Game of Thrones, Rainbow Six, etc. So Thank you Eric Nylund :p

Yep that's why I agreed with you. I travel a lot and listen to audio books and the Halo books are good fillers. One huge complaint I have is he supplemented clip for magazine which I can't stand.

Welcome to online gaming. :p

No shit right? Haven't played Halo out of party chat since the feature debuted, don't know what I was thinking the other night. Just another plus to playing BC2 some more. I hated that to play in certain matches in COD:MW2 you had to be in game chat.

funny story, I just got a two day ban for my motto which stated: "Most of you are ignorant retards", which I posted shortly after MW2 came out and I had to listen to all those idiots babble on.

Makes me chuckle.

You know, I've hate to have that experience yet..

I am honestly astonished that you've never encountered anyone on Xbox Live being a douche. Between Halo/Gears/MW2 I've probably muted 500 people. That number may be on the low side, as I've been doing it for years.

I am honestly astonished that you've never encountered anyone on Xbox Live being a douche. Between Halo/Gears/MW2 I've probably muted 500 people. That number may be on the low side, as I've been doing it for years.

Oh I've encountered them... Just not in the Halo 3 beta yet.

I've encountered loads of douches on MW2, not on Reach yet.

I actually love they added where you can hear the enemy again. Pissing off those little kids after they start cussing is a blast.

The game needs a ton of tweeks... visually, the low frame rate mixed with shitty blurrs make the game ridiculously terrible... you can be in a fight with a guy, and if you are both strafing opposite directions, his entire body just blurrs.... in fact, just reloading turns the entire gun your holding into a blur... thats not how halo is supposed to be.. halo is supposed to be exact so there is no question where things are and where they end.

Next, the power ups are sooo retarded. In a fight about to lose? press sprint and laugh how they cant hit you because your moving too fast. Not into sprinting? slam the ground and watch it not only protect you, but kill them. Still doesnt work for you? maybe you want to press the jump and jetpack buttons and fly off into the sunset. No? well lucky for you the invisibility which used to be almost a power weapon to an mlg player is now ready every like 5 seconds for your use!

other problems: grenades are pathetically strong, stickies throw super fast and are incredibly easy, the weapons are retarded, the rocket launcher is impossible to mess up with, the maps are no longer built in a halo style at all.. probably due to the fact that they now have to worry about where a guy with a jetpack will find a place to hide on top the map... basically i just don't like many of the new features, at least at this point where they are so strong...

Positive things? well, i like the stockpile game mode. Its a great deal of fun, and its the only time where i enjoy sprint because you can sprint into their base as the collection timer is about to run out, throw the flags a foot outside of the ring, and make it so they have to wait another 60 seconds or whatever to collect them...
Also, the needle rifle is an awesome gun, i like everything about it
the pistol is cool and pulls out way faster than a different gun, so you can actually use it as a side arm
and thats all i can think of for now

I guess its not that the new additions arent enjoyable, but if you were going to be competitive or play where you always want to win, your going to get screwed over... alot. My problem with them is its just not halo.

I played some "Invasion" the other day, I like what they're doing with that, but they need to increase the timer so that the games last a little longer. Towards the end with all the vehicles and everybody trying to get to the core to the dropzone/prevent the core from getting to the dropzone, that can turn into an incredibly enjoyable clusterfuck... except right now it's on about a two minute timer. Too short, takes away the epic feel of the win, or the defense. (see BC2 for epic game lengths)

I also find the loadout abilities to be a smidge over-utilized or able to be used again way too quickly. I spent 7 games of Invasion cloaking and disabling objectives with very little in the way of being stymied. Crouch walking while invisible after you've snuck through a side route is reaaaaaaally easy to do and not get stopped till it's almost too late.

I've found that jetpacks are an asshole snipers wet dream made reality.

Sprinting makes vehicles almost a non-issue, especially if you come at a tank from the side.

All someone has to do with the invincibility perk it sticky your ass, and then you explode when you come out of it. I don't think stickies are supposed to stick to you when you do that though, so maybe that's a bug. You could also just put it in front of the guy, since they go off like a miniature nuke now.

I don't hate it, but man is it different feeling. I haven't gotten to play much else, and I swear to god if people don't stop voting for "crazy king" in grab bag I'm going to burst a blood vessel.

I actually love they added where you can hear the enemy again. Pissing off those little kids after they start cussing is a blast.

I will admit, I hadn't noticed this was back until yesterday night. I did enjoy that in halo 2.

I enjoyed the beta, but there are obviously things that need to be fixed. I only had one bad experience the entire time, where in a 4 on 4 match, where you have to collect flags and bring them back to your spawn area, I had two teammates quit right away. So it was 2 on 4 and the guys on the other team gathered up some flags to build a lead and then camped at our spawn site. That was LAME, but thanks to the jetpack I was able to get out of there, lead them away and get some kills and even a couple flag captures.

I enjoyed the beta, but there are obviously things that need to be fixed. I only had one bad experience the entire time, where in a 4 on 4 match, where you have to collect flags and bring them back to your spawn area, I had two teammates quit right away. So it was 2 on 4 and the guys on the other team gathered up some flags to build a lead and then camped at our spawn site. That was LAME, but thanks to the jetpack I was able to get out of there, lead them away and get some kills and even a couple flag captures.

People do that quite a bit in Halo 3 to boost their stats (aka e-peens). It's called holding-the-objective or "griefing". A very lame practice but there's really not a lot you can do about it sadly.

Back