Halo PC $25 at BB

StOCK

Limp Gawd
no rebates, half price. i think that's a good deal for a good game.

that is best buy right, just so that people don't have to think for half a second in case they don't immediately think of best buy :)

Are there still a lot of servers and players playing Halo online nowadays? This sounds like something I should go for, Halo online is a great game. Plus they released the custom edition or whatever which will allow for a little modding.

yes this is at Best buy. on the demo there are hundreds of servers so the actual game must have more

STRESSTEST said:
That depends on your hardware, now doesn't it?

My friend who had a similar system to me had trouble running it when it was fairly new, and he has a similar system (2.4ghz P4 w/ 9800)

A7N8X Deluxe() XP2400+ @ 2.379 () ATi 9800 () 512mb XMS PC3500 Platinum () 2 WD 120gb SE in RAID0 () WD 80gb () 30gb Maxtor

Are you guys kidding? That patch helped me out big time. I could finally max out the graphics and to my surprise it does not look dated at all. :p

zachary80 said:
Does it actually run smoothely now?
i wouldn't go that far. i mean, as long as you have a dual dual-core cpus and 2 pci express graphics adapters, couple gigabytes of ram and some striped wd raptors you should be able to run it at 800x600 with normal details. that's my experience at least.

Yeah, Jeef, i can run halo at full detail with 8x antialiasing with above 30 fps constant. at 1024x768, and thats only because i don't care to try higher

My choppiness is coming from something else, the HDD is being accessed quite a bit during the game and I have 1GB RAM so it's not swapping. I need to find out what's doing this, I lag even at 640 with all details at minimum :eek:

Is this deal for this week only?

and is it like exactly like the XBox version? or are there patches and stuff that nerf certain things? Is the pistol still the best weapon? :)

Thx in advance :)

Turning off the music really helped me. I think the AC97 drivers are the problem. It works fine in UT2k4 though.

jeef said:
i wouldn't go that far. i mean, as long as you have a dual dual-core cpus and 2 pci express graphics adapters, couple gigabytes of ram and some striped wd raptors you should be able to run it at 800x600 with normal details. that's my experience at least.

it runs flawlessly maxed out at 1280x1024 here.

Back