Halo Multiplayer numbers/fun

anotherguy159

2[H]4U
How is the multiplayer for this game? Put aside all technical problems...

I have played it on xbox with 15 other people and it's great, how does it transpate online? Lot of players? Pings? Servers?

I don't have an Xbox so I can't compare, but generally there are between 500-700 servers depending on the time of day. The server are active at least comparable to Call of Duty.

I found it bit slower than the single player game but not as much as I expected given some of posts I had read.

So, I give it a thumbs up.

I like it. A few rounds are usually a staple at the lans me and my friends have.

Bad netcode. Expect frequent warping and hit detection errors even when pinging low.

The maps themselves aren't suited for more than about 8 people or mouse aiming -- they're too small, too flat, and barren.

Game is unbalanced as hell too - the sniper rifle takes precedence over everything at medium range, and is the second best weapon for CQB. The pistol is second only to the sniper rifle at range, and beats the assault rifle close up. Leaving the walls of your base without a vehicle is suicide, but there are only two or three available per team on any given map.

The list scrolls so fast and lumps kills and comments together so you can't see who fragged who, or who said what.

The game just doesn't work on any level on the PC for many reasons.

Originally posted by OTL
Bad netcode. Expect frequent warping and hit detection errors even when pinging low.

The maps themselves aren't suited for more than about 8 people or mouse aiming -- they're too small, too flat, and barren.

Game is unbalanced as hell too - the sniper rifle takes precedence over everything at medium range, and is the second best weapon for CQB. The pistol is second only to the sniper rifle at range, and beats the assault rifle close up. Leaving the walls of your base without a vehicle is suicide, but there are only two or three available per team on any given map.

The list scrolls so fast and lumps kills and comments together so you can't see who fragged who, or who said what.

The game just doesn't work on any level on the PC for many reasons.

Agreed. Not really all that fun. Even on LAN play.

and it could have been something great... :rolleyes:

small games tho are alright imo, 4v4 or less

but yea, i will agree with that hit detection crap

as far as the weapon tactics, thats just halo and you have to get used to it. the pistol is lethal, snipers are easy to take care of because of the tracers, shotgun rules the assault rifle at close range, etc.

I like online. It's not nearly so tense or serious as playing like UT2k3 or CS or something like that. It's more laid back and with Warthog physics and plasma grenades it can be quite funny.

how does it transpate online

i am retarded, i actually went on google looking for the definition of "transpate"... i was like 'hmmm.... is that a new word?'

oh! translate! :rolleyes:

(nevermind)

Originally posted by bjork
i am retarded, i actually went on google looking for the definition of "transpate"... i was like 'hmmm.... is that a new word?'

oh! translate! :rolleyes:

(nevermind)

lol:p

I give it 2 big fat thumbs down.

Halo PC multiplayer if plagued with hit detection problems(actually it is intentional, the devs placed client-side weapons effects with server-side weapons prediction).

MP is sooooo much better on an Xbox.

Originally posted by Bop
I give it 2 big fat thumbs down.

Halo PC multiplayer if plagued with hit detection problems(actually it is intentional, the devs placed client-side weapons effects with server-side weapons prediction).

MP is sooooo much better on an Xbox.

ofcourse there is a server side advantage that is why you play on dedicated servers...

hit detection is not a problem on a good server.. i am in a very good Clan and all our matches vs other good players the headshot ratio is probly 60% which is amazying.. many games i can kill 2 ppl with one pistol clip..

halo xbox lags wayy too much for MP.. unless its direct link ..

^ You have no idea what I am talking about. I am talking about the netcode, it uses server-sided weapons prediction which means all players on a dedicated server have to have the server check where their shot was and then decided if a hit was registered. This is basicly known as a shooting delay, you click to fire and a few ms later your gun fires.

Gearbox decided to be idiots and mask it by showing your weapon firing instantly and showing the bulltet hit instantly when it really does not. EA/DICE did this with BF1942 and that is why I criticize them too.

Back