Halo Movie is Dead

Kind of surprising given how much money Halo 3 has racked in. You'd think some hollywood investors would try to cash in on that cow. But, it's probably for the best.

^^^

That is the truth. That short was awesome, I dont see how they could pull the plug on a movie for a game that was doing this well. If they can do a fucking DOA movie, then by God what the hell is stopping a Halo movie?

I'm glad, because then we'd have a bunch of Halo lovers preaching about how the movie is one of the best ones ever made...

Edit: No matter how much it sucks

Reminds me of the quote from Space Balls adapted for this situation:

Halo the Movie: The Hunt for More Money

What I would like to see in a Halo movie and what would actually make money are 2 completely different things so I'm on the side that thinks this is a good thing...

It sounded like they are afraid to spend any money on it, which is stupid. Even poorly done Sci-Fi movies rake it in, and if not at the box office, they usually become DVD hits.

Sounds like the bean-counters killed another one.

^^^

That is the truth. That short was awesome, I dont see how they could pull the plug on a movie for a game that was doing this well. If they can do a fucking DOA movie, then by God what the hell is stopping a Halo movie?

lol holy crap I loved that short... Hell let discovery channel make a complete movie :p

The movie will get made eventually,the studios love money too much to ignore the sales figures the game franchise has racked up.The question is how good it will be,it's going to take the right combination of story treatment,director,and stars.

The movie will get made eventually,the studios love money too much to ignore the sales figures the game franchise has racked up.The question is how good it will be,it's going to take the right combination of story treatment,director,and stars.

QFT, for right now its dead, but the movie will sell big no matter what so it just depends on who is the next person to try go ahead and develop the movie.

QFT, for right now its dead, but the movie will sell big no matter what so it just depends on who is the next person to try go ahead and develop the movie.

Yeah, I mean, I remember going to see Doom on opening night with my friends b/c we were really really looking forward to it. You can imagine how upset we were...lol.

I'm glad. The movie would've severely butchered the game.
I can imagine them doing something like turning Master Chief into a helmet-less, young soldier instead of the hardened vet he is. Get rid of Cortana and throw in a female scientist/programmer replacement who acts as MC's love interest.

Back