Halo MCC : Official Trailer

The matchmaking times seem to have improved this morning, but it's not very good about find a full or even numbered team. The rest of the issues are untouched. There's still a 50/50 chance of having to force quit Halo after each mp round, or possibly hard reset the Xbox because it sometimes causes your Xbox Home button not to work. Being in a party has no effect on what team you'll be on when a round starts. Halo 3/4 coop with three or more players seems to have a memory leak as well, the longer you play a level the slower the frame rate gets, to the point where it's eventually single digit fps.

The matchmaking times seem to have improved this morning, but it's not very good about find a full or even numbered team. The rest of the issues are untouched. There's still a 50/50 chance of having to force quit Halo after each mp round, or possibly hard reset the Xbox because it sometimes causes your Xbox Home button not to work. Being in a party has no effect on what team you'll be on when a round starts. Halo 3/4 coop with three or more players seems to have a memory leak as well, the longer you play a level the slower the frame rate gets, to the point where it's eventually single digit fps.

I think it's weird that it effects the controller, but yesterday we had to restart the xbox because the second player controller just stopped responding out of nowhere and nothing we did worked.

Here's an update from 343:

11.12.14 - 11:10 AM PST Update
Next update coming: 11.12 - 5 PM PST

We have deployed a number of server updates to help improve matchmaking. These updates should expedite search times and allow you to find matches faster and easier. We are actively monitoring data for wait times and will continue to modify as necessary.

Additionally, we are monitoring all non-matchmaking feedback, and still targeting another release for this weekend. Please continue to use the support forums to report and discuss issues. We will continue to work until issues are resolved, and thank you for your continued patience. Please stay tuned to this thread for regular updates.

Here's an update from 343:

Now this gives me confidence in what they are doing. Problems occur, it is what you do after the fact that makes or breaks a reputation. I have not bought the game yet and will probably not for a while. (I have not had a lot of time to even finish the Tomb Raider game yet.)

Eventually, I probably will buy the game since I have had the One from January of 2014. :)

I gotta say I think Halo 2 classic looks way better then I expected. Granted it looks way better remastered.

I experienced my first bug today. I was doing the crossplay playlist, where you play all four campaigns in order. I just finished "Assault on the Control Room" and instead of taking me to "343 Guilty Spark," it skipped over that level and went to "The Library." A friend of mine had the exact same thing happen to him the day before.

I experienced my first bug today. I was doing the crossplay playlist, where you play all four campaigns in order. I just finished "Assault on the Control Room" and instead of taking me to "343 Guilty Spark," it skipped over that level and went to "The Library." A friend of mine had the exact same thing happen to him the day before.

I had that happen to me, but I started the library did save and quit. Then when I resumed the next day it was at the end of the library. Not that I'm complaining lol, granted I'll go back and play it eventually.

Something doesn't make sense. How does Halo 4 look so much better than Halo 3? I mean, the only explanation is that Bungie is a shitty ass developer, which I actually believed after seeing the original Halo 2, but I wasn't aware it was actually totally true.

Something doesn't make sense. How does Halo 4 look so much better than Halo 3? I mean, the only explanation is that Bungie is a shitty ass developer, which I actually believed after seeing the original Halo 2, but I wasn't aware it was actually totally true.

One came out near the beginning of the its console generation and the other near the end. Halo 4 always looked awesome but its limitations. Now with the resolution/lighting/framerate upgrades it has its time to shine.

One came out near the beginning of the its console generation and the other near the end. Halo 4 always looked awesome but its limitations. Now with the resolution/lighting/framerate upgrades it has its time to shine.

Exactly H3 was 2007 H4 was 2012 that a long time in games and Halo 4 pushed the 360 hard it had lots of slow down areas and was only 720P on 360 Halo 3 was 640p

Don't forget that odst and reach were between them too.

Well, if H4 on Xbox One was actually upgraded beyond framerate and resolution, I guess that would explain it. It's almost impossible for me to believe that H3 and H4 were on the same console after playing the MCC versions.

Well, if H4 on Xbox One was actually upgraded beyond framerate and resolution, I guess that would explain it. It's almost impossible for me to believe that H3 and H4 were on the same console after playing the MCC versions.

Even on the X360, the graphics and sound were still a night and day difference between H3 and ODST vs. Halo 4 and Reach.

Only other series that seemed to be quite as dramatic in quality improvements would be forza from 2 - 3.

Only other series that seemed to be quite as dramatic in quality improvements would be forza from 2 - 3.

Going a bit further back, the difference between Tekken 2 and Tekken 3 was pretty crazy. Especially the animation for that break dancing fighter from Tekken 3.

I have been a conspiracy theorist since the second game and have believed that the core people who were responsible for Combat Evolved had nothing to do with the other Halo games. But after finishing Halo 4, I am convinced they have been found and work for 343 now.

The way the architecture is designed and rendered in Halo 4 is exactly what I would have imagined a real sequel to Combat Evolved would be like. The story is also cinematic and has some degree of genuine storytelling rather than b-movie one-liners. There is just so much in the game that borrows from the mythology that I can't help but think they truly care about the franchise.

I played a little more Halo 2 this morning because of the new cutscenes, and good lord is that Campaign stupid as fuck. I mean, you have got to be an idiot for creating something as soulless as monotonous as what you go through. I was literally trying to run out of rooms as the Arbiter so the damn level would end, but enemies just kept re-appearing and piling up. It makes me want to puke whenever someone says that the sequel is their favorite or the crown jewel of the franchise.

I finally finished Halo 2, and have played the first couple missions on Halo 3. At first I thought Halo 3 was rather hideous, but after a little while its not looking that bad. Really the only thing they probably should've done is update the models for Keys and Johnson to be closer to Halo 2. It could've benefited from higher rez textures, but I realize they probably get this all done in time. In all honesty I'm liking Halo 3, more so then Halo 2. Definitely looking foward to see how Halo 4 looks.

Being a conspiracy theorist, I think microsoft's plan was to only release the Halo 2 Anniversary. I think the xbox one being outsold by the PS4 so badly it made microsoft reconsider it had do something big to entice customers. Which I think is a good thing. Now I don't think we see a halo 3 "anniversary edition" this generation, which I don't think is a big deal.

Halo 4 remastered looks surprisingly good. Too bad I can't get multiplayer to work consistently yet.

Almost want a refund due to the multiplayer issues.

I am sure that sucks, but why not enjoy the single player for now? I havn't been able to open my game yet, but it sounds like replaying the single player campaigns is a rewarding experience.

It makes me want to puke whenever someone says that the sequel is their favorite or the crown jewel of the franchise.

It's been my experience that most people, who really like Halo 2, like it more for the multiplayer. It's been so long since I played through the campaign, but I remember really liking some missions, while hating a few others.

^ actually that is what every company that is reputable does. Not just 343.

not even remotely true. Valve has had issues on their servers for months, in game 10-15 minute long spikes of 400+ ping and 50%+ packet loss, communication from top companies is rarely there even from ones that people think are gods gift to gaming like valve. They havent even commented on the issue

I am sure that sucks, but why not enjoy the single player for now? I havn't been able to open my game yet, but it sounds like replaying the single player campaigns is a rewarding experience.

One of the worst launch experiences I've had in a while. Terribly handled. Even titanfail managed to do better. This is close to driveclub fail, lmao. Is there even an ETA when the servers work?

Just terribad.

It's been my experience that most people, who really like Halo 2, like it more for the multiplayer. It's been so long since I played through the campaign, but I remember really liking some missions, while hating a few others.

I thought Halo 2's campaign was the most interesting and unique of all of the original 3. You played as multiple characters with multiple alliances, some of the best vehicle segments, and a quite intricate story. It fell apart due to the abrupt, unexpected ending. I know that that game was scrapped and rebuilt at least once during its 4 years in development, and it was meant to be way different, but at least ONE more short MC mission at the end would have made the campaign perfect. Maybe just a 'clear the way to access the radio' 15 minute sequence where you guide the chief through some badass forrunner defended areas to try to acess the radio and contact the humans, then BAM credits.

I heard there was a fix to the matchmaking. Any word on how it performs?

I finally got to Halo 4 and it looks pretty damn good. I can't believe how good it looks just be increasing the resolution. Only complaint it would be for players that never played reach. The interview with the doctor about the spartans won't make much sense. I do hope in the future they release Reach and ODST as well.

I wish I could even play this game single player! Campaign checkpoints saving are broken as hell in Halo 2, where the full level needs to be complete. Played the bridge level 3 times now and it sucks. Can't play online in the meanwhile because that's broken too.

This game needs a server browser...

I wish I could even play this game single player! Campaign checkpoints saving are broken as hell in Halo 2, where the full level needs to be complete. Played the bridge level 3 times now and it sucks. Can't play online in the meanwhile because that's broken too.

That happened to me on halo 2, when I finished and moved on to halo 3 and 4 I didn't have that issue.

It amazes me how some broken games like this get a pass in review scores while others with less problems review lower. Microaoft has deep pockets I guess.

Phew. Glad I got a refund on this hot garbage. I'll wait until they fix their problems before I reconsider getting this again. Me and my friends all wanted to get this for some multiplayer fun, but what multiplayer? I guess 343 still has yet to get it figured out. That or maybe there really is nobody on the Xbone playing this game =) That could be it too.

Phew. Glad I got a refund on this hot garbage. I'll wait until they fix their problems before I reconsider getting this again. Me and my friends all wanted to get this for some multiplayer fun, but what multiplayer? I guess 343 still has yet to get it figured out. That or maybe there really is nobody on the Xbone playing this game =) That could be it too.

How did you go about getting a refund? I certainly would like one.

How did you go about getting a refund? I certainly would like one.

If you purchased digitally just phone Microsoft and ask for a technical issue refund. That's what I did and got my refund no issue. You can get their number from the Microsoft commerce website, there was a 1 min wait for an service rep and 10 minutes to process refund.

But then where would Microsoft make its money from if you arent paying to user thier servers? This is always an issue with consoles IMO, matchmaking is stupid and dedicated servers need to be the way of the future. At least that way the game can still be played after they shut off support

If you purchased digitally just phone Microsoft and ask for a technical issue refund. That's what I did and got my refund no issue. You can get their number from the Microsoft commerce website, there was a 1 min wait for an service rep and 10 minutes to process refund.

Damn I bought a physical copy. Oh well.

Biggest disappoint in gaming for a while, for me. :/ (Halo MCC itself I mean)

Damn I bought a physical copy. Oh well.

Biggest disappoint in gaming for a while, for me. :/ (Halo MCC itself I mean)

well I have no real info a few people have mentioned on halowaypoint that Microsoft gave them a refund for their physical copies as well. They had to show proof of purchase and mail the game+recipt. I have no idea if this is truly valid but its worth calling them to find out,.

I am going to let my copy be. I have faith they will patch most of the bugs, and its one of those games you will want in your collection. I have other games to play right now, so letting in mature is no big deal

Back