Halo listed on Amazon for Xbone

Godmachine

[H]F Junkie
Microsoft has already confirmed that Halo 5 is releasing in 2014 so this is not surprising.

mrgstiffler

[H]F Junkie
We will see. I was getting pretty bored of them on the 360.

Halo 4 was the best in the series for me. I know a lot of people don't think so but I liked the changes they made. I'm looking forward to 5 and hope they don't regress.

chameleoneel

Supreme [H]ardness
It's being made by a new dev team, so it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Bungie and the original Halo team are now making "Destiny".

King Icewind

Supreme [H]ardness
It's being made by a new dev team, so it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Bungie stopped making them after Halo Reach. 343 (Microsoft studios) made Halo 4 and is making the next one.

HisSvt76

2[H]4U

Many folks from bungee and the original halo are still with 343 in fact Microsoft just got Joe Staten back who is an original writer from halo he just left bungee.

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I'm still amazed as to how anyone liked anything beyond the first game.

KickAssCop

Supreme [H]ardness
I am still amazed how these comments still exist after the huge success of the franchise and breaking multi-million box office type records.

Game may not be for you and that is fine but to claim "how anyone" can like it is a bit juvenile since all Halo games have been best sellers apart from the strategy game they created.

next-Jin

Supreme [H]ardness
I'd like to think of halo titles like Nintendo first party games. If there is nothing else on the platform it's going to sell fairly well.

I thought 4 was way better than 3 though and the other two. I think Halo is one of the only single player campaigns I actually finish that's a FPS. I still have not finished Killzone SF but I have finished all Halos in a few days each.

Godmachine

[H]F Junkie
Halo 4 was a great game

I think Reach and 4 are tied. Both had great mechanics and really awesome enemy AI (Reach on Legendary made me want to tear out my hair) but I think Reach had better MP options however 4 had the better story without question.

343 has the chops to do another great Halo game. Even if Bungie helped them with 4 I think they'll be fine with 5 and so on. I'm kind of glad Bungie has moved on , they were burned out on Halo and based of what I've seen (not played of course) from Destiny they really did a 180 in a lot of ways towards something quite different. I think making an MMO these days is so risky that you either need serious balls or a lot of luck.

I am a bit worried that since the Xbox One UI is so junior right now and that Halo 5 would have had to have been in development for a while now (and without the benefit of finished console specs) that we won't get the Halo that we deserve.

chalmer9

Limp Gawd
I am still amazed how these comments still exist after the huge success of the franchise and breaking multi-million box office type records.

Game may not be for you and that is fine but to claim "how anyone" can like it is a bit juvenile since all Halo games have been best sellers apart from the strategy game they created.

I'm amazed that people like adjunct American lagers, yet they top the sales charts too.

Popularity does not equal quality.

Maplehamwich

[H]ard|Gawd
It will be disappointing to Bungie Halo fans. As will all future Halo games.

Destiny on the other hand...

Dome

2[H]4U
I enjoyed every game, but probably reach the most. 4 is a close second but the matchmaking does get really annoying at times. i feel like matchmaking was always smoother with bungie games

jeremyshaw

[H]F Junkie
I dunno, after a while, they just did a fuck-all to the MP balance and I stopped playing it.

To be fair, many of the original Bungie team already left after MSFT rushed Halo 2.

Fully [H]

In terms of single player, the first one is my favorite. Easily.

Multiplayer? Halo 2. I loved H2 maps. H3 was a big jump in graphics quality, smaller maps though. I didn't like H4 maps too much.

Domini

2[H]4U

You could use that logic with Call of Duty as well. Can anyone explain why people continuing to buy the same game every year?

HisSvt76

2[H]4U
You could use that logic with Call of Duty as well. Can anyone explain why people continuing to buy the same game every year?

Call of duty deserves this kind of criticism halo doesn't there have been 5 total halo games 7 if our count the 2 top downs.

But their have been at least 17 call of duty games of which only 2 are really good

Cod 2 and modern warfare.

And those saying halo ce was the best one sure it was the original and set a standard in console shooters but is not the best halo game. Saying otherwise is lying or you didn't really play each one all the way through.

No other shooter has as much story in game, books , video as halo.

This of course is MY opinion.

sharknice

2[H]4U
Call of duty deserves this kind of criticism halo doesn't there have been 5 total halo games 7 if our count the 2 top downs.

But their have been at least 17 call of duty games of which only 2 are really good

Cod 2 and modern warfare.

And those saying halo ce was the best one sure it was the original and set a standard in console shooters but is not the best halo game. Saying otherwise is lying or you didn't really play each one all the way through.

No other shooter has as much story in game, books , video as halo.

This of course is MY opinion.

IMO CoD 1, 2, MW, and MW2 were all good for multiplayer.
I never really enjoyed CoD single player much. Mostly because of how they have points where there are unlimited spawning enemies and you just have to mindlessly run through to the checkpoint that triggers it to stop.

I used to be pretty into Halo and I've read all of the Halo books.
I enjoyed most of the Halo campaigns except for Halo Reach because it was a complete abomination of Halo lore. I probably enjoyed Halo 1's campaign the most.

Halo 1 had the best multiplayer. A lot of people say Halo 2 because they are noobs, were too young to play Halo 1, or never had a chance to play on LANs.
I still enjoyed Halo 2's multiplayer a lot. I enjoyed the rest too but they were all kind of downhill from the first.
I was extremely disappointed when they included the crappy Halo 4 multiplayer instead of Halo CE multiplayer in the Halo CE Anniversary edition.

My multiplayer enjoyment comes from competitive play. Other people probably like the newer Halos more because of the plethora of features despite the games being less competitive.

I was one of the best Halo 1 players in the world and t-bagged players such as the Ogres. I was also in the top 5 in Halo 2 online rankings before people started cheating and they took it down. The skill cielings were so low in the other games I would quit playing them after a month or two.

Master [H]

2[H]4U
Well, I suppose I'll need to get an XB1, especially if there's something as awesome as the Gears of War franchise.

An Xbox without Halo is like a Nintendo console without Mario.