Halo Infinite

I liked team death match in BF4. I like it in Modern Warfare. I also like the vehicle based Conquest of Battlefield. I hate Battle Royal.

I just don't like Halo because it is bullet spongey and slow. I can do it for the campaign mode but multiplayer just didn't do it for me.

I personally don't like Battle Royal either. But it's less dated than Battlefield style gameplay which at this point is two decades old and beyond dated and played out. There's nothing modern, new, innovative, about 64 vs 64 with land sea and air. It's just kinda shit. And if you wanted non arena style gun play other games and play formats do it better than Battlefield. Hell BF 1942 came out a year after Halo. So if Halo is dated, than so is Battlefield and BF has spawned more games so if anything it's vastly more played out, been done, lame, old, than Halo. And the sheer numbers in a game like that has always made it a game for no talent ass clowns. Your gun play and skills count more the lower the player count.

It's older than that though. If you want to talk about BIG multiplayer games. Tribes came out when? And it had massive maps, massive player counts, vehicles, and a hell of a lot more skill based gun play than Battlefield. And DM was never "run around and shoot" that's laughable. The real goal of DM/TDM/1v1 was always map control. You had to time each item down to the second in your head, memorize spawns and lock all the powerups and key weapons to go on a spree and extend that. The other persons goal was to break your lock on the items and build up their own stack to reverse the situation. Shooting was always something that came from a map lock. If you look at high level 1v1 and TDM matches there is very little "running around and shooting" there is a lot of area control of key points of a map containing key weapons and items, and pushes and denials. With people backing off the moment they realize it's not worth the effort. The kills come as a side effect of map and item control, people aren't pushing for them unless someone is totally outclassed or the lock is complete. There's more depth in those matches than there is anything Battlefield style games cranked out. If you wanted massive battles with depth, Tribes 2 was your jam.

There's nothing wrong with something being old though. Hell look at the old Rainbow Six or Ghost Recon games, nothing now compares to those sadly. But redoing those wouldn't be "new" it would just be avoiding pitfalls of newer games.

It's sad but the most innovative shooters have been Hunt, PUBG, Overwatch, and Fortnite and of those I'd only qualify Hunt as actually GOOD.

Newer doesn't necessarily mean better. I always felt that people fighting over vehicles and the giant maps for Battlefield were more of a detriment than anything. With the giant maps you have everyone camping and sniping or fighting over vehicles. Beyond that, the classes are rarely balanced well in those games. Hence light machine gun wielding medics being meta at one point which makes no sense. I've never enjoyed battle royal games either. I played Overwatch for a bit, but I'm not really a fan of those "hero" type of games where you pick a character for each match and they all play a bit differently. Then you have games like Destiny 2 which are inherently imbalanced by their very nature.

The point is, while I understand games must evolve, I don't think everything that's been done to change the multiplayer experience has been for the better. I'd argue, most of it has had the opposite effect. Halo's multiplayer may be a relic of a simpler time, but I'm good with that.

I just want a good CoOp experience to play together with my son. I like playing single player story lines but with a real life friend to join along with you, and play it together, and go through the campaign as partners.

Hopefully CoOp in Halo-Infinite is done right.

I just want a good CoOp experience to play together with my son. I like playing single player story lines but with a real life friend to join along with you, and play it together, and go through the campaign as partners.

Hopefully CoOp in Halo-Infinite is done right.
One would hope given how long its taken to implement it.

One game i've been having fun with lately is Dying Light 2. It does have Co-Op, but haven't really done too much of it yet. (I prefer solo play usually) May be an option for you if you like Zombie Survival type games.

There's nothing modern, new, innovative, about 64 vs 64 with land sea and air.

And?

It's just kinda shit.

Military themed games will always be better than hero/no theme/bug themed games. Driving around in an M1A2 is so much more fun than using a fictional cockroach inspired vehicle.

And if you wanted non arena style gun play other games and play formats do it better than Battlefield.

Some have done an okay job of it, but not a lot of them have had a lot of success or the player base.

Hell BF 1942 came out a year after Halo. So if Halo is dated, than so is Battlefield and BF has spawned more games so if anything it's vastly more played out, been done, lame, old, than Halo.

The difference is Battlefield modernized. Halo doesn't seem to have. Battlefield went from 2D overlay sights to 3D. Halo is still struggling with that. Guns are still dull sounding, inaccurate BB guns. Now apparently this may be worsened by poor map design as someone pointed out. That is what makes a game dated or not.

And the sheer numbers in a game like that has always made it a game for no talent ass clowns. Your gun play and skills count more the lower the player count.

No one really cares about one's l33t skillz. Unless you're into watching streamers or Mountain Dew dude bros. But every now and then in BF you'll see someone dominate the scoreboard so your point is moot. Killing 20 people in a row and knocking out multiple vehicles is fun, especially when people complain that your "tank" (IFV) is unfair.

It's older than that though. If you want to talk about BIG multiplayer games. Tribes came out when? And it had massive maps, massive player counts, vehicles, and a hell of a lot more skill based gun play than Battlefield.

Big isn't better, as BF 2042 showed us. Finding the right size matters, and building it around the gameplay. BF3 was the first BF to have good gun play, and BF4 made it better by extending the range and tightening the bullet deviation. It is fairly easy to hit from a moderate distance so you're shooting at pixels. People who aren't good complain that this is "pixel hunting". Reality is, they just couldn't aim as fast.

Tribes is just more old, dated floaty stuff.

There's more depth in those matches than there is anything Battlefield style games cranked out.

The more realistic BF style games like Red Orchestra tend to rely more heavily on commanders controlling artillery, smoke and reinforcements. BF is more casual by design.

Hell look at the old Rainbow Six or Ghost Recon games, nothing now compares to those sadly.

Well actually there is. Ready or Not is still in early access but it is essentially a Rainbow Six/SWAT successor. More leaning towards SWAT, but this is what Rainbow Six would look like if they made a modern one :

As for Halo Infinite, it still apparently doesn't have co-op or ray tracing. And there are still no plans for a Halo 5 campaign port apparently. 343 seems extremely incompetent. What else are they working on?

What is 343 doing? Are they working on a new game and is Infinite on the back burner? It has taken them almost a year and it is still missing features and you're telling me you can't join up with random people in co-op? Of course playing with a friend is much better, but give people the option.

What else are they working on? Lol don't try to make excuses for them. They just suck. They never release fully functioning games and promise the rest will come soon, but it doesn't come for years and when it does it's bad.

Ugh. Your probably right. I'm not even a Halo fan, only wanted Infinite for the CoOP play so my son and I can game together on our PCs.

Sadly there's just so few CoOp shooters nowadays. Last one I recall was Wolfenstein like 5 years ago, and that had glitches and was rather mediocre.

Every few months I go back to this game and I just can't get it to run smoothly. No matter what, it always seems to have a little jitter when looking around. Best I've managed is to set my maximum AND minimum FPS to 117, but even that isn't perfect. Things look great in the early sections, but once the "real" game begins, it gets choppy. Visual settings don't seem to matter. I've got the horsepower to pull a boatload of FPS. Anyone else have any solutions? I'm rocking the Gamepass version, but it's one of the new titles that lets you tinker a little.

So will CoOp be officially patched in end of this month?

I've yet to buy or play the game yet. Waiting specifically for CoOp to play along together with my son.

So will CoOp be officially patched in end of this month?

I've yet to buy or play the game yet. Waiting specifically for CoOp to play along together with my son.
I don't know. I've been waiting for co-op as well.

I'm still waiting for some trick to make the game not act jittery. At this point I might not touch it until the 40xx cards come out and brute force becomes an option.

Halo Infinite's Biggest Update Ever Is Coming in November, With Season 3 Slated for March 2023

The free Winter Update is set for release on November 8, and this will be Halo Infinite's largest content update so far...it includes a beta for Forge, the online campaign co-op and mission replay features, a new 30-level battle pass for free, two new maps, and Match XP in a beta

Match XP is something fans have been calling for since the game launched. Starting in November, players will earn XP every match, and this is part of 343's drive to make Halo Infinite "rewarding"...the studio said players should be "rewarded no matter how they play"...Match XP is launching via a beta test of the feature, so it could and likely will change over time based on fan feedback

Also coming in the Winter Update is a new battle pass that is free for everyone, as well as a new mode called Covert One Flag...this mode features asymmetrical loadouts and round-based gameplay as teams of attackers and defenders try to capture or hold the flag...the Winter Update also delivers the long-awaited Forge beta...this will take the form of a "fully featured" version of the editor

Additionally, Halo Infinite's Winter Update adds online campaign co-op and the mission replay feature; both of these were previously available to testers...however, local couch co-op for Halo Infinite has been canceled...

Infinite.png

We have to wait until November until co-op mode is added to the game?

I thought co-op was due a while back or at least the latest in August?

Thank God I didn't buy the game yet. Only reason I'm buying it is to play the single player campaign along with my son together. Hopefully it'll be on sale then when it finally comes out.

We have to wait until November until co-op mode is added to the game?

I thought co-op was due a while back or at least the latest in August?

Thank God I didn't buy the game yet. Only reason I'm buying it is to play the single player campaign along with my son together. Hopefully it'll be on sale then when it finally comes out.
Why would you bother buying it?

Just pay $1 for a month of gamepass, play the singleplayer, and be done with it.

Still hoping one of those "quality of life improvements" is smoother gameplay that isn't jittery.

Mission replay. Nice, but took them around a year to add that? No ray tracing yet, game would probably still look dated regardless. Co-op, good for those that want to play it.

They sure take their time.

lol I've never heard anyone ever compare those games and say they're similar. Not even close. Crazy.

You'd be surprised, from a level design standpoint and a user-experience standpoint, Halo (at least the ORIGINAL Halo games) played like a slow-motion arena shooter more akin to Quake or Unreal. Highly vertical, weapon and map control play a huge part, movement and positioning is more crucial than being the first to attack...

Add in the vehicles, and you have a lot in common with 2K4.

Just because "Halo bad cuz console and slow"

and "Unreal good because PC and fast"

does not mean that the two, from a design look, are VERY similar in fundamentals.

No ray tracing yet, game would probably still look dated regardless. Co-op, good for those that want to play it.

They sure take their time.

the fact that ray-tracing isn't even on the current roadmap (through June 2023) probably means it's at least another 12 months away

lol I've never heard anyone ever compare those games and say they're similar. Not even close. Crazy.

The original Halo CE was heavily inspired by the original Unreal Tournament, the developers even stated so in interviews.

Halo CE came out in 2001, Unreal Tournament came out in 1999. The multiplayer gameplay was actually very similar, Halo was just much slower because it was on a console played with a controller.

You have to keep in mind this was a time when the vast majority of console players were so noob they could not move and shoot at the same time. Halo was the first popular console game with default controls that actually separated out movement and looking into different sticks.

the game is an AMD sponsored title so the ray-tracing implementation is probably going to suck anyway...

You'd be surprised, from a level design standpoint and a user-experience standpoint, Halo (at least the ORIGINAL Halo games) played like a slow-motion arena shooter more akin to Quake or Unreal. Highly vertical, weapon and map control play a huge part, movement and positioning is more crucial than being the first to attack...

Add in the vehicles, and you have a lot in common with 2K4.

Just because "Halo bad cuz console and slow"

and "Unreal good because PC and fast"

does not mean that the two, from a design look, are VERY similar in fundamentals.

Halo CE multiplayer 100% reminded me of a slow motion, scaled down UT 2004. I remember having that thought upon playing it. Smaller maps, less vehicles, no (or less) mods, less server options. Essentially a scaled back, less ambitious version. Keep in mind I only played the vehicle modes in those games. Just a bit of instagib for UT 2004 now and then but otherwise did the capture objective vehicle modes.

I'd say the only similarities are map design really imo. Becasue yes Halo has arena style maps, but other than that they are night and day different.
I used to play halo pc 2003, I dont need a history lesson, no offense. Og CoD, released around the same time, and UT2k4 demo blew halo out of the water for me personally. That floaty movement with halo was so tiring. So I have to disagree. I also used to play og ut on ps2 (yes I know, blasphemy) but, halo was really not that revolutionary to me.

and actually now that I think of it, there was a halo mod for ut2k4, that imo did halo better that halo, ha!. I played a bit of that for a minute, but why play halo when you can play ut? for real

Last edited:
Halo Infinite's Cancelled Split-Screen Campaign Co-Op Tested...and It's Excellent

Back